Well done England

Remove this Banner Ad

What just like Perth...:rolleyes:
AS i said England have been the better team but the toss in Melb won them the series.

lol as if that wasn't a glaring one-off. They've shown nothing like that form before, and nothing like that form since. an enduring mystery, Perth.

What just like Perth...:rolleyes:
AS i said England have been the better team but the toss in Melb won them the series.

what a dumb comment

Poms got 500 when they batted ...& started their batting just after lunch day 1...cant have been that bad a pitch

English bowlers far far superior in that test as they have been all series

We've been outdone by the Poms this series. But the funny thing is, we've had our chances to get ahead but other than Perth we could never capitalise - it was almost like we just expected it to happen.

I tend to agree about the toss in Melbourne.

The most crucial toss to get us back in front and the luck didn't come our way.

Does the man upstairs do this to give everyone a go?:D

P.S. (looks oustide cloudless sky,another beautiful Melbourne day)the reason Poms come out here by the truckload.

At least the English gave us prog rock.:thumbsu:

Well played ole chap.

P.S. (looks oustide cloudless sky,another beautiful Melbourne day)the reason Poms come out here by the truckload.

Can go on about the toss all you want, fact is we have had nobody apart from Mr Cricket and maybe Haddin who have put up any resistance or are willing to put a price on their wicket

The bowling was good but the batting was very amateurish, very poor indeed

The Aussies have just been so undisciplined thoughout the series aside from Perth, it makes me wonder how they actually won a test when they are staring down the barrel of 3 innings defeats

At least the English gave us prog rock.:thumbsu:

Well played ole chap.

I didnt know Ian Healey had an account on bigfooty.

Yep well played England, thoroughly outplayed us and deserve to retain the ashes. Enjoy the celebrations, you deserve it.

I did think the series would be closer than it was with maybe the poms winning 2-1 or 3-2 but you cant take anything away from the poms.

They are a better side, as much as it pains me to say it and full credit must go to Flower and Strauss.

We'll be back..but i just don't know when...

Honestly, England have been all over us in every area. I still don't know how we won in Perth.

completely outplayed we've been.

but at least we don't have to sing the words "long to rein over us" ;)

Can go on about the toss all you want, fact is we have had nobody apart from Mr Cricket and maybe Haddin who have put up any resistance or are willing to put a price on their wicket

The bowling was good but the batting was very amateurish, very poor indeed

The Aussies have just been so undisciplined thoughout the series aside from Perth, it makes me wonder how they actually won a test when they are staring down the barrel of 3 innings defeats

Haddin got away with a lot during his ton in... Brisbane was it? He played and missed so much. He's still a flapper and a wafter but he's got a very good eye.

It really does go back to planning again, I mean we picked a side based on winning the toss, a 50/50 chance, of course we were in trouble once we lost that toss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England is not as good as they appear to be. Their 1st inning performance in Brisbane and the whole Perth match just shows how vulnerable they are. Eng is a very organized and evenly balanced team however they have no superstars in the team like Flintoff, esp no bowling superstar. So if aus don't fluff around and panic too quickly, england can be overcome with some organised plannings.

England is not as good as they appear to be. Their 1st inning performance in Brisbane and the whole Perth match just shows how vulnerable they are. Eng is a very organized and evenly balanced team however they have no superstars in the team like Flintoff, esp no bowling superstar. So if aus don't fluff around and panic too quickly, england can be overcome with some organised plannings.

Wow

I suppose Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne were just flukes? You can't make 500 in every innings.

from what i have gathered, the main difference to me was that England were prepared to leave the ball. From a (very average) bowler, i can't understand why a batsman plays a defensive shot from outside the stumps. It always looks bad and just gives yourself the opportunity to edge. No benefit from it either.

I think what's pleasing from an English point of view is that England have benefitted, as Bomber and others have said, from things that were traditionally thought of as Australian sporting virtues: good organisation, accurate bowling, esprit de corps. All too often in the past England have lacked these things. Now they have them in spades at a time when Australian cricket is clearly at a relative low.

I think the doubts about Anderson performing in Australian conditions with the Kookaburra ball have been well and truly laid to rest. He is a class act, and England will need him to stay fit in the future.

Wow

I suppose Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne were just flukes? You can't make 500 in every innings.

But you can bowl accurately and consistently every innings. Unlike our bowlers.

Gulf in discipline on most levels is the most embarrassing thing about this series. Talent is one thing, if other players are more talented so be it, lack of discipline is another thing entirely.

Discipline of the English has been supurb.

How they'd go against either India or South Africa would be interesting, pretty confident they could beat India in England at least, probably not in India, but I think coming up against South Africa they could struggle.

Mind you, the depth in bowlers they have is much better than South Africa, but they dont have anyone as devestating as Steyn (and I rate Morkel pretty highly also). Big drop off after Steyn and Morkel to Harris and Tsosobe however.

moto478 said:
I think the doubts about Anderson performing in Australian conditions with the Kookaburra ball have been well and truly laid to rest. He is a class act, and England will need him to stay fit in the future.
Yep, after getting destroyed last tour and even being pretty average in England last series he's been excellent this year.

Discipline of the English has been supurb.

How they'd go against either India or South Africa would be interesting, pretty confident they could beat India in England at least, probably not in India, but I think coming up against South Africa they could struggle.

Mind you, the depth in bowlers they have is much better than South Africa, but they dont have anyone as devestating as Steyn (and I rate Morkel pretty highly also). Big drop off after Steyn and Morkel to Harris and Tsosobe however.

Yep, after getting destroyed last tour and even being pretty average in England last series he's been excellent this year.

I think they would struggle to beat India in India, no teams win in India these days

However I'd def be giving them the edge at home against the Indians

I believe RSA and England are very even, if anything the Poms have a slight edge because of better depth bowlers, I think England's batting prob shades RSA's as well, it's a lot deeper than the Proteas

In saying that, it's hard to judge until they play each other again, unfortunately I don't think they play each until 2012 or something

I'll def be looking forward to the Eng v India series in the UK, that will be a pearler of a series

Apparently this is the first time *ever* that a Test side has had three innings wins in a series away from home.

We're all lookijng forward to India too, of course, I really muast try to get to one of the Tests...

Apparently this is the first time *ever* that a Test side has had three innings wins in a series away from home.

We're all lookijng forward to India too, of course, I really muast try to get to one of the Tests...
second. we did it in south africa in the 30's.

but it's the first time australia has lost three matches by an innings in the same series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back