Well done Tiges!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say (assuming) that each club gets a pool of tickets and every time a Richmond or port member buys a ticket it is registered and is taken from that respective pool. Port would get a lot more tickets to sell. Being the home team they always got more tickets to sell I thought.

Again it should be 80% of the tickets should go to port and 20% to Richmond and the other public

No that's not how it works. Tickets go on sale at 9am Monday to members of both clubs.

Today's final qualification puts something in perspective. Back 5 years ago our CEO had a target that generated tons of mirth and merriment. Words like deluded, fanciful and ridiculous were used. His target was 3-0-75 and was aiming for the stars. We now have reached 2-0-66. Not bad. We did not hit the stars but landed on the moon.

Today's final qualification puts something in perspective. Back 5 years ago our CEO had a target that generated tons of mirth and merriment. Words like deluded, fanciful and ridiculous were used. His target was 3-0-75 and was aiming for the stars. We now have reached 2-0-66. Not bad. We did not hit the stars but landed on the moon.

After the revival of this season, 70k+ has to be a realistic possibility for 2015 too, and if we can avoid having another s**t start like this year, and actually compete for Top 4 this time, we may even get to that glorious 75k mark.

In which case, if we could make the finals again in 2015 as well as get that 75k, we'd have actually got to the stars, but just taken an extra year to get there. :p

Congrats on making the finals, even if it was at the Swans expense.

Well done
More likely west coast's expense - poor buddy was tired...

Said at the beginning of the week that the tigers would be the most deserving team to make 8th. We'll deserved coming from a near hopeless position & hopefully smash port next week.

Ok ill bite.

It is simple mate. We were 3-10, everyone was on the hate train. We could have given up and accepted the jokes we have coped for 30 years, it would have been the same ole same ole. This group however decided to not quit. They decided to not tank for a pick or only play tough when it suited them. What they decided to do was knuckle down and trust each other and give 110% to restore pride and respect back to the club. In doing so, they are the only team in history of our great game to go from such great lows to a final in the same season.

That speaks of character. That is more important then the win loss column. We showed hart and fight consistently. We have been headed in the last quarter in 5 games during our streak and won.....that to me shows this playing group have finally turned a really important corner.
You couldn't have just said this initially, instead of making some joke about my side not playing finals? Great post.

I was never trolling, I hope you wipe Port off the park next week as it would be ******* hilarious, and their supporters will go ape s**t.

I know Richmond supporters would be on a high right now, but is it really a successful season? They've gone backwards since last year, and should have been pushing the top 4, not the top 8.

We haven`t won as many games this year as last year, but we`re in the same position now as we were last year, an Elimination final.

Done very well. Unfortunately they've played their grand final against a team with nothing to play for and half their team out, and I expect them to be slaughtered by Port next week

Haha Lance, at least you are consistent. Sydney had about 6 players in their team today playing for their spot next week. The game was played with great intensity. If they were full strength, maybe they would have had 'nothing to play for'.

Haha Lance, at least you are consistent. Sydney had about 6 players in their team today playing for their spot next week. The game was played with great intensity. If they were full strength, maybe they would have had 'nothing to play for'.
Do you really believe though they would have played as poorly with Buddy, McGlynn and JPK out there? For one, Richmond wouldn't have got that 5 goal head start. Genuine question, could you beat a full strength Sydney side atm?

Do you really believe though they would have played as poorly with Buddy, McGlynn and JPK out there? For one, Richmond wouldn't have got that 5 goal head start. Genuine question, could you beat a full strength Sydney side atm?

I'm not saying that, was simply refuting Lances claim that the swans had nothing to play for.

And who knows, we had a similar start last time, when they were all playing...

Don't be bitter man, you really wouldn't have deserved a finals berth with 11 wins anyway.

I'm not saying that, was simply refuting Lances claim that the swans had nothing to play for.

And who knows, we had a similar start last time, when they were all playing...

Don't be bitter man, you really wouldn't have deserved a finals berth with 11 wins anyway.
Nah mate, I'm not bitter, we definitely didn't deserve a finals berth after cocking up so many chances this year. I'm just saying to be realistic about the season, and realise that Richmond still have a long way to go until they can push for a flag. Something went wrong to start 3-10.

Nah mate, I'm not bitter, we definitely didn't deserve a finals berth after cocking up so many chances this year. I'm just saying to be realistic about the season, and realise that Richmond still have a long way to go until they can push for a flag. Something went wrong to start 3-10.

Of course it did, but to the players and coaching staffs credit, they corrected it. And trust me, there was plenty to be corrected, starting at the top. But in that 9 wins we have won in Sydney, Perth and Adelaide. Beaten the minor premiers and all the teams around us fighting for our spot. Obviously in some pretty good form going into the finals.
And next week Kennedy probably comes in for Mitchell. Would Kennedy really have done much more than Mitchell did today. Their depth is so immense, that although they had a few out, it's not like other teams having that same quality out. No other team in the league has their depth. Comes with the salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who can say?. We played a full strength sydney last time and lost by 11pts without 4 of our guns. Funny game is footy.

Recent record 4-3 the Tiges way.

Just being realistic. Sydney had literally no motivation to have a dip. Richmond won by less than a kick.

It's a good effort, but unfortunately looks like back to back finals flogging a for the tigers. At least they're a shot though.
Did u even watch the game? You really think the swans didn't have a dip? Probably the match of the season. Seriously. We couldn't care less if we lose next week. 9-0 is bloody sweet!!!

Just being realistic. Sydney had literally no motivation to have a dip. Richmond won by less than a kick.

It's a good effort, but unfortunately looks like back to back finals flogging a for the tigers. At least they're a shot though.
Realistically they've had to win the last 5 games, not just this one, (after the 4 in a row it was realised that they could get in with Adelaide, pies losing games so they knew they had to win every game.). Pretty sure I watched them beat your mob when both teams were desperate for a win? I think your'e severely under rating a team that's win 9 in a row.

Realistically they've had to win the last 5 games, not just this one, (after the 4 in a row it was realised that they could get in with Adelaide, pies losing games so they knew they had to win every game.). Pretty sure I watched them beat your mob when both teams were desperate for a win? I think your'e severely under rating a team that's win 9 in a row.

Couldnt have put it any better :thumbsu:.. They havent buckled once under the pressure over the last 2 months. They were tested against us in the last quarter 2 weeks ago and rolled us. Thoroughly deserve to play finals footy. No doubt this is a new look Richmond, and about time too. The future looks mighty promising down at tigerland. Enjoy the win and best of luck next week.

Fantastic effort by the Tiges and they fully deserve al the plaudits they will get. When they were stuck on three wins and their confidence shot, to think they would be playing finals, honestly, it just could not be contemplated. For a team to do what Richmond have done is really really hard. To be brave enough as a group and coaching staff to turn around a slump like that is really admirable and will set the club in good stead for a long time to come. The coaching staff and players would have learned so much about their players and what tactics, motivational techniques etc. work on the group, I reckon it could be a catalyst for something pretty special for the Tigers in the future.

Anyone who begrudges what they have done, downplays it or discounts their chances next week either has no idea about football, is mean spirited or most likely both.

Super effort Tigers, although i doubt the Swans ever got out of second gear. In the end it's a good result for football.
Was at the ground. Swans were clearly trying. They were still running HARD in the 4th quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back