Podcast Well, What do we need? - Ep. 6 BF Port Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

In our sixth Port Podcast, Macca & Rick are joined by forum legend, the lovely Portia to discuss how we beat Gold Coast, talk about the emotive SANFL Reserves issue, discuss all things list management from player types to trade targets, review the Magpies win against South, discuss why Travis Boak is the best captain in the league and preview the clash against Fremantle.

0:00 - Intro & Love/Hate
11:10 - Gold Coast Review
25:50 - Port Magpies Review
27:00 - SANFL Power
30:00 - Hot Topic - SANFL Reserves
36:20 - Hot Topic - What Do We Need?
55:40 - Fremantle Preview

Subscribe to us on iTunes.

Direct Link

Previous Episodes:
13/7/13 Ep 5 - Bloody Geelong!
08/7/13 Ep 4 - Showdowns, Wingod & Liberace
31/7/13 Ep 3 - Winning Ugly Rules!
24/7/13 Ep 2 - Butch, Benny & Brissy
17/7/13 Ep 1 - We're Live Baby!

If you'd like to join us on for a chat, let us know!

Many many thanks to Portia for coming on and talking with us. Was great to have you on and no doubt we'll get you on in the future as well!

OMG I am way too loud noooooooo

Cringe over, thanks for having me on!

Cringe back, all my noises of agreement are overriding what people are saying noooooooooooooi

Oh no connection problems noooooooooooo!

I broke the podcast!

Bloody well done.

Portia was great and despite Ricks relentless flirting she held her composure well.

I think we have found the only chick alive that knows her footy better than most blokes....

In all seriousness that was the best one yet and was an enjoyable listen. Two male monotones need the female voice to break it up a bit and when the female offers up thoughts and opinions as good as Portias well...

Even better.

In more seriousness watch it Rick.

Eddie Dingle I'm watching, luckily for you Portia told me post production as a married man I'm not her type, plus the monotone is a turn off :oops: Personally I think it's the inferior football knowledge I have to her that's the problem.....

Eddie Dingle I'm watching, luckily for you Portia told me post production as a married man I'm not her type, plus the monotone is a turn off :oops: Personally I think it's the inferior football knowledge I have to her that's the problem.....

I think we all picked up on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody well done.

I think we have found the only chick alive that knows her footy better than most blokes....
Disagree. IME most blokes only seem to know what they hear on the radio. Any chick who goes to a game ignorant of the media is probably better off!

FishingRick04 - I am pretty sure I didn't say anything about monotone voices? I thought I was pretty bad in that respect myself actually!

I have to say, this was hugely fun and I could've kept talking for another few hours. I didn't even touch on some of the stuff I had up my sleeve re: reserves debate, admittedly because I didn't hear much argument to counter.

So anyway, thats me done, when do tribey or darling Eddie Dingle get a run???

Great work all involved... improving in quality week by week. The addition of Portia certainly brings diversity to audio (as well as upping the "# of words per minute", which most females do lol :p), which I think is important in audio casting.

FishingRick... "Port Power"... really mate? Don't make me send you to the <media shakes head thread> (PS: calling your office soon for a tax appointment) :)

Great work all involved... improving in quality week by week. The addition of Portia certainly brings diversity to audio (as well as upping the "# of words per minute", which most females do lol :p), which I think is important in audio casting.

FishingRick... "Port Power"... really mate? Don't make me send you to the <media shakes head thread> (PS: calling your office soon for a tax appointment) :)

I used Port Power as an identifiable reference to distinguish from the Magpies. You should note I spoke about the club overall as PAFC :)

Look forward to it

Great show guys and gals!

Special mention to Portia, great debut and I find you change the dynamic of the group for the better. Some genuine banter and laughter throughout... comparing Gorringe to Sellar haha.

Not to take away anything from Macca and FishingRick, good stuff guys, keep it up.

I am really enjoying the podcasts, crew. Good list discussion on this one. I think we do have GWS/GC in mind, I mean we already nabbed Hombsch and Neade, I'm sure we know who else up there is talented but down the pecking order.

Throwing money at Cameron or Betts is cool if we have it.. but you guys seem to think we have a very good list here and I agree and think we should keep building onto it with young talent, not throw the big money at a bigger name yet. But maybe we will be ready for that after our boys have another pre season?

I don't think Dom will retire next year, both he and Cornes will be very useful again next season. Before Cassisi came back in this season, we were outright worried that people would laugh at us for having ~such a bad ex captain~ and we thought this would certainly be his last year.. but he has shown he is a useful hardened premiership player and also showed he is a leader and a senior man. We need to hold onto all of those types!

The addition of Portia certainly brings diversity to audio (as well as upping the "# of words per minute", which most females do lol :p), which I think is important in audio casting.
I know my audience. They watch Gilmore Girls and Bunheads.

Another great podcast. Part of me wishes it was available earlier in the week while the weekend is fresh in the mind, but people need to have lives! Loved the list management discussion - can't get that anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back