Master post

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Additional Rules:
Trade Week - the Freagle Captain can recruit one Eagle in exchange for a packet of chips, but they have to do it within the first three rounds.

HeavenChat - discussion between dead/exiled players is quarantined from the thread in a PM group I'll establish after the first lynching.

Preseason Competition - consisting of a day where everyone can establish themselves and their characters prior to the first kill.

No Runners - no PMs between active competitors, all strategy talk conducted in thread.

Converting - if the Freagle Captain converts the Match Analyst or the Club Doctor, a new player will be picked to fill that role. A new player will not be picked to replace the Club Doctor if the power to save an attacked player has already been used.

ACTIVE ROLES:
Freagle Captain
- can convert an Eagle during Trade Week (see above).

Freagle - work it out, Einstein.

Match Analyst - the MA can ask the compere about any player to find out whether they're the Freagle or not, but only once per round. They have to find a way to convince people to follow their lead without being identified by the Freagles as the MA, or risk death!

Club Doctor - every night, after the Freagles have picked who to kill the Club Doctor will be given the opportunity to save them, but they can only use this power once. They can save it for themselves (assuming they aren't evicted) or use it to save someone else. After that, they'll have run out of panadol and caffeine tablets.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
ZergMinionScott Watters
Dazzler10Brett Jones
gueroChris Lewis
DoashueyJohn Gastev
BarrybranBen Cousins

DEAD PLAYERS
OMGFridgeRick "the Rock" Eagle
Smeg HeadAdrian Barich
ashley12Ash Smith - the Match Analyst
squashfaceTrevor Nisbett - the Freagle Recruit
MWPPJack Darling
CM9000Tom Hickey
OchreSmash Mouth dude
QuinzBarack Obama
RookiePickWally Matera
wing itMichael Braun
Carbine ChaosDavid Grace, QC

DEAD TO ME PLAYERS
avishka 5 - Abang

Last edited:
Incidentally my theory was that Dazzler and Wing It were working together. Dazzler voted to save Wing It on day one by putting a vote on the seer when Wing it got in trouble. Dazzler voted for Squashface nice and early, which would have been good cover without necessarily condemning him, while Wing It went after Hickey late in an attempt to save Squash. Given Squash and Dazzler both missed periods of the weekend it would also give them more incentive to convert one of the first day immunity guys.

Obviously that was a load of old twaddle, so look hard tomorrow at anyone trying to incriminate Dazzler. He's played the exact same style every game I've been in with him, and if he's a Freagle then that's incredibly well played.

Tomorrow the odds of hitting a Freagle by accident are 40%. This is the best chance you get. However both Freagles will be working together to stop that happening.

Make sure someone has 3 votes on them. If you end up with a 2-1-1-1 the Freagles will win. If you end up with a 2-2-1 the Freagles will almost certainly win. Don't be afraid of losing the game. Odds are the Eagles will lose from here. Try to get a majority vote by 8pm to avoid late vote change shenanigans close to 9.

If you end up with two suspects that everyone agrees on, do *not* let anyone insist you do one and not the other if two of you are on the other one. That was Squashface's winning move last game. It should be a major red flag to anyone still alive.

Good luck all.

Try to get a majority vote by 8pm to avoid late vote change shenanigans close to 9.
Lol, I actually have my first squash game in months between 6:30-8:30.
(I will probably have a vote in by then anyway and can probably check in on my phone inbetween games. My mates who I haven't seen since February surely won't mind)

OK.

There are 3 Nesbitt voters left in the game - CC, Daz and zerg. If you have nothing else you're going to have to assume you're all clean. It didn't work last game, but you have to start somewhere. It seems certain that one of you dies tonight. The other 2 will have to make the call on who to trust.

When Nesbitt was torched:

I'd started on my fruitless Hickey crusade, so that's who I was on. I got my man next round and I've since targeted Grace and Braun; I cast the deciding vote on Braun tonight.

Doashuey voted for Obama and followed up until Obama was lynched. He voted for me tonight.

Barrybran didn't vote. He then voted for Obama until he was lynched and was on Braun tonight.

Day 7 - Jason Akermanis Likes This

It was late on day 7. Everyone was tired. You could have cut the air with a banana. Only Michael Braun, with his famous energy reserves, looked keen to continue but that could just have been because it was his head on the chopping block. But the bell had tolled, so Braun decided to put that energy towards running away. He was great at running after all, surely he could stay ahead of the mob until the ship docked at the Gold Coast. Braun turned on his heels and began running at a brisk yet sustainable pace along the deck away from the gathered Eagles. Chris Lewis began to give chase but Brett Jones called him back - he had a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Braun ran along the portside of the ship towards the prow, past the biergarten and the Mischenbrett court, various sunlounges, cruise ship crap, etc., etc. and curved around starboard. He didn't look back - that wasn't how you won a race. As he passed the stairwell to the upper decks a foot shot out and tripped him over. Six pairs of hands grabbed him from the floorboards and tossed him overboard. If only Michael Braun had been as good at swimming as he was at running. If only Michael Braun had remembered he was basically running in a circle. If only the others had believed Michael Braun when he told them he wasn't the Freagle...

------------------------

wing it a.k.a. Michael Braun was a.k.a. not a Freagle. You have one more chance to find one.
Props for the Blackadder reference. :thumbsu:

Night 7 - Objection!
Night 7 - Objection!

David Grace QC (or Davo QC to his friends) was one of the most respected lawyers across the country (except at the AFL Tribunal). He routinely had his hands full at the only club where players had to perform height and weight comparisons before engaging in one of the game's fundamental skills, and he knew the Freagle case would be his biggest yet. Not only did he plan to sue the Freagles for all they had plus a kidney, but he'd also had to defend the survivors from a number of murder charges for all the innocent people they'd killed. It was a tough ask and he was working late at the bar this night on the case, poring over a well-worn copy of Legal Defences For Dummies. He was favouring a plea of insanity, on the basis that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results was a well-known definition of insanity, when a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label crashed over his skull.

He was found there the next morning by the survivors, who had hoped to drink themselves (more) senseless, lying dead in a pool of liquor and broken glass with a little umbrella sticking out of his mouth. It appeared the Freagles had smashed everything alcoholic on board over him. There 2as no more booze. Cousins and Watters let out simultaneous screams of horror.

-------------------------
Carbine Chaos, a.k.a. David Grace QC is dead. You have one more chance to find a Freagle. He was not a Freagle.

Last edited:
Ugh...Freagles just taking the piss now. Here's the post I was in the middle of typing when that murder came through.

I'm just calling it now, in case I get murdered overnight. I feel like it is guero and ZergMinion - the post below sticks out to me like dog's bollocks.

He had to make sure that I wasn't going to flip when the votes fell off me, as his boy guero was going to come under the pump. I'm happy to go off wing it's theory about guero too. If that is the case, and there's no reason to doubt him given his proven innocence, which was the piece I wasn't sure about.

They've been excellent and persuasive players all game and would be worthy Freagle winners, if they make it.

If one of those two is killed overnight I fully expect to be lynched for this. Then we lose and you can all blame me.

Of course, murdering me overnight may indicate I'm wrong, but that'll be up to the survivors to deduce.

One last thing before I go. The idea that both Guero and I are Freagles is stupid. I could believe one or the other, but the idea that the two highest post count players in the thread are both Freagles is dumb. If you're not a Freagle CC, do better.

So far this game I've tried to save a player we thought was the doctor while the seer was still alive and ended a Freagle, so If I'm a Freagle what sort of chance do you guys have in this game?

Ugh...Freagles just taking the piss now. Here's the post I was in the middle of typing when that murder came through.

One last thing before I go. The idea that both Guero and I are Freagles is stupid. I could believe one or the other, but the idea that the two highest post count players in the thread are both Freagles is dumb. If you're not a Freagle CC, do better.

So far this game I've tried to save a player we thought was the doctor while the seer was still alive and ended a Freagle, so If I'm a Freagle what sort of chance do you guys have in this game?
I still don't think it's you Zerg. If it is, I'm the biggest patsy in this game. However:

Why would you have not posted that before the murder was announced? You've had all night and then it just so happens that you were in the middle of typing it when Trucko posted the murder? And also, it would have been a pointless post if you had been the murder victim, because we obviously would have known that CC was wrong.

I'm just asking the question because at this point, I have to.

I still don't think it's you Zerg. If it is, I'm the biggest patsy in this game. However:

Why would you have not posted that before the murder was announced? You've had all night and then it just so happens that you were in the middle of typing it when Trucko posted the murder? And also, it would have been a pointless post if you had been the murder victim, because we obviously would have known that CC was wrong.

I'm just asking the question because at this point, I have to.

I woke up a few minutes before I posted it. Clicked view more just before hitting post and then spent a couple of minutes staring at the murder post in shock.

Last night I was really tired. Had a crap nights sleep thanks to Fleet Carriers launching in Elite Dangerous where I got up too early and then couldn't buy one because the servers were borked anyway. Had another quick think about it with a clear head while lying in bed.

Anyway Daz, Braun being clean clears you for me, and hell...you've put in some massive hard yards over the course of all 5 games so you deserve a win if you're the Freagle, so today I will not entertain any theories that involve you.

I also don't think it's Guero. The order column on his spreadsheet implies he records at least first vote and last vote, which is more than the minimum effort required to make it look like you're running a sheet when you don't really care. Also as his post count is close to mine and he's managed to play exactly the same way as last game, he also deserves to win.

I'm probably wrong about one of you but that's because I suck at this game just as hard as everyone else when I'm not a Freagle.

Hey Truckosaurus

I just noticed that this is the first murder post where you didn't say the murdered player was NOT a Freagle. Given you also said the Freagles can murder Freagles early on in the game, could you just confirm he wasn't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we're in a position where I gave the freagles a perfect run to the finish line by suggesting that wing it and CC might be the freagle duo. The freagles knew they weren't, so just had to assist the Braun lynch and knock off Grace overnight. You were all suspicious of me anyway so the obvious move for eagles and freagles alike is to take me out. Unfortunately for the good guys I am an eagle and this will result in a loss.

I know how this ends, but I'll have a go.

Unfortunately we're in a position where I gave the freagles a perfect run to the finish line by suggesting that wing it and CC might be the freagle duo. The freagles knew they weren't, so just had to assist the Braun lynch and knock off Grace overnight. You were all suspicious of me anyway so the obvious move for eagles and freagles alike is to take me out. Unfortunately for the good guys I am an eagle and this will result in a loss.

I know how this ends, but I'll have a go.

I don't care if you're a Freagle. I'm not voting for you today.

I'm still keen on Guero. CC going has just reinforced my view.

If we're looking at the other two, I will also refer back to the Squashface vote as Guero did a few posts above -

Barrybran - absent. This is tough to interpret. My first instinct is that a freagle would at least be present, in particular for a lynching in which a late vote would probably have been decisive. If you're a freagle, you try to save your mate, OR give them the decisive vote and in so doing give yourself a solid alibi. On the flipside, he may still be a freagle but just have been busy on that day?

Doashuey - was keen on the Squashface/CM9000 immunity duo. Posted a lot about it. A lot! Then chose not to follow through and voted for Quinz !!

If I'm looking at these two alone, I'm 66% Doashuey, 33% Barrybran.

Hey Truckosaurus

I just noticed that this is the first murder post where you didn't say the murdered player was NOT a Freagle. Given you also said the Freagles can murder Freagles early on in the game, could you just confirm he wasn't?

Confirmed not a Freagle, although I think I've only been identifying specific roles in the murder posts. The lynch posts I say Eagle or not.

I don't care if you're a Freagle. I'm not voting for you today.
OK, I'll bite. You've played an amazing game zerg - kudos to you. With one hand you've curried favour while with the other you've sown dissent. I can't let you win this game without registering a single vote.

To the eagles in the crowd, just think about what zerg has typed above. 'I don't care if you're a freagle. I'm not voting for you today.' Does that not come across as absurd?

I vote for Watters

OK, I'll bite. You've played an amazing game zerg - kudos to you. With one hand you've curried favour while with the other you've sown dissent. I can't let you win this game without registering a single vote.

To the eagles in the crowd, just think about what zerg has typed above. 'I don't care if you're a freagle. I'm not voting for you today.' Does that not come across as absurd?

I vote for Watters

Meh...I should be dead today anyway.

You and Guero deserve a win if one of you is a Freagle. I don't think both of you are Freagles, and if you are that's an even better played game. Only game that could be better is if Me and Guero are the Freagles.
I gave this post a like and now I've retracted it. I want a win dammit, none of this "you deserve it, well played" nonsense!

I gave this post a like and now I've retracted it. I want a win dammit, none of this "you deserve it, well played" nonsense!

I've won one already, and I'm GMing the next one, and I'm just a little tired of this game. We've had a bunch of villagers phone it in, one actively work against our interests, the only Freagle we got was by luck just about because I didn't trust my own gut call (correctly as it turned out).

My circumstantial case against Braun yesterday was the best work I've ever done in this game, and it was badly wrong (again!).

So today I'm going back to KISS. If overthinking it got the job done we would have won one by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back