Werribee v North Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree with that.

Some part of me is hoping that it's his lack of endurance, but he has real ability to look disinterested at times (que the Hansen comments :p).
He has no intensity. In the ruck, he gets the knockout but doesnt follow up or run forward or do anything afterward.

Yeah was thinking the same thing MR R.

Nothing brings out the desperation like having a direct opponent threatening to kick a bag on you.

It might make or break him, but if that's all it takes to break him, he wasn't going to make it anyway. The commentators said he is contracted for next year. If that's correct then another year of learning the ropes will do him good.

It might make or break him, but if that's all it takes to break him, he wasn't going to make it anyway. The commentators said he is contracted for next year. If that's correct then another year of learning the ropes will do him good.

Definitely contracted for next year. Will be elevated.

Maj has good intensity at ground level after the ruck contest. Has ridiculous tackle numbers for a big man. I think the around the ground stuff is just fitness.

I've never noticed before how often Cam Delaney tries to break tackles... It almost looks like he wants to be tackled just to try & break them. It's a bad habit to get into.

Did anyone else like the look of the young Werribee defender wearing #53? Sure knows how to find the ball.

Maj is a star. For all the little things he does wrong, his tackling and marking is coming along beautifully.

He needs another 2 enormous pre seasons.

Thanks for the commentary guys.

Better than nothing which is more than I had!!!!!

God I'm fanging for tomorrow!!!! A guy at the Brisbane show stopped me today because I had my NMFC Hoodie on and said good luck he was a Bombers supporter. I told him if Wells and Petrie get off the leash he'll need it!!!!

Go Roos!!!!!!!

Anyone gotta score

Werribee Tigers 3.5 7.10 12.17 13.24 (102)
North Ballarat 1.1 2.5 2.6 2.8 (20)

GOALS:

Werribee Tigers: Warren 3 McKinley 2 Castello 2 Speight Sharp Mather Sierakowski Ross Daw
North Ballarat: McMahon Edwards

BEST:

Werribee Tigers: Ross McKinley Greenwood Wormald Sierakowski Mangan
North Ballarat: Delaney Couch McMahon Delaney Greig McKenzie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised not to see Pederson's name in the bests. He played well today, was very hungry with plenty of 1%ers and 2nd efforts.
Commentators made mention of Scott saying he has been unlucky not to play more senior games this year

Lots of North gear in the crowd.

North Melbourne Listed Players
Seniors15.Warren- kicked three goals to top Werribee's goalkicking list in a consistent up for the hit-up forward. His work around the packs and at contests were two highlights of his game in my opinion.

28.Sierakowski- got a bit of the ball playing in the midfield and provided some good pace to go with his work in a number of Werribee's forward thrusts. Kicked a goal as well.

35.Pederson- played all over the ground after playing exclusively as a forward against Box Hill. Also did some relief work in the ruck while Daw and Sullivan rested and impressed as the game wore on, hopefully he can can get another opportunity at AFL level as the game wears on.

36.Kennedy- helped to continually mop up numerous North Ballarat attempt's to drive the ball forward quickly. Another good performance down back from someone who arrived at North Melbourne as a forward.

38.Daw- spent plenty of time in the ruck yesterday and also showed good signs of athleticism at different stages with his ruck along with during general play too. Had it over Mabon for much of the game and also contributed 1.2 in a solid game from him.

45.Mangan- repelled numberous attempts by the Roosters to feed the ball inside forward 50 as part of a strong all-round performance from Werribee's back six.

46.Speight- faded in and out of the game, he was still able to provided some run and carry during the game to go with the single goal that he kicked.
64.Greenwood- made the most of the slippery conditions with a solid mifield game where he gathered 26 disposals and did plenty of plenty of grunt around the packs/at stoppages.

68.McKinley- sprayed quite a few shots on goa but still impressed me with his strong marking and physicality at the content working in combination with Warren. He contributed 2 goals as he was again a tall forward target that Werribee's midfield could aim at without hesitation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back