Game Day West Coast Eagles vs The Windy Hill Injectors (A.K.A the return of Brad Scott week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So here we have the build up and preview I think a lot of us having been waiting the whole year for. The Bombers have injected a new coach into the mix against us this season and it is none other than our favourite crybaby Brad Scott. Poor Brad, falling to us in a Prelim final, losing his mind, a few years out of the seat and now all cosy with the second biggest board of Muppets in the AFL (Behind AFL HQ).

We want to see less of this

brad scott.jpeg

And a * load more of this

brad-scott-coaches-box.gif

Now the question is can we pull it off. We in my opinion we are coming off the worst loss in club history. We'll have to wait for teams but hopefully we get A few back and some of the youngsters coming back are reaching better levels of fitness. To make things worse we are coming off of a 6 day break. Gotta love the AFL giving their buddy a leg up with Essendon obviously not having to leave Melbourne last week and having an extra days rest.

I fully expect us to get shafted by umpiring decisions with two sets of rules out there with Essendon seeming to get the rub of the green and getting a 1 point victory over Richmond last week.

In regards to teams it looks like the Injectors will be missing a few key players but we'll have to see what level of intent our cobbled together team can find through the midfield this week and our non existent forward line. The key match ups are Gaff Vs the bench, from a WCE perspective the more time spent there the better. Barrass against their forward line. Bailey Williams against Sam Draper and whomever in defence can stop Stringer and Langford. We also seemingly need to find anyone who can stop Merrett doing whatever he likes. The last two being Rotham not dropping random marks and Hurn finally working out kicking it long down the line from a behind is just not going to get the job done (we can all dream)

From a tactical perspective we need to shut down not only the midfield but also their intercept and rebound game. Their forward line isn't very impressive but we need to slow the ball down there and somehow manage to move the ball from defence to offence and manage to kick a winning score. We are yet to see if Allen gets up but we are already without Darling, Cripps and Ryan in our forward fifty so it's looking pretty grim.

essendon.PNG

All in all hopefully the injectors have ****ed up their PED's and inject themselves with a Covid/Flu cocktail before the flight over. If we manage to win this I think 5 jubilant Masto's will be well deserved for everyone and then letting the great man train down mineral resources park so they have to sort out the ovals. Maybe just let him run around Lathlain for the next 48 hours as a full precursor.

1.jpg

What I want to see is a good four quarter effort even if it means losing. Anything less than a 6 goal loss i'm going to be feeling pretty good about. Unfortunately it seems like Simpson is ageing by the week. A few more games like last week and he will look like Benjamin Button at the start of that movie that my Mrs makes me watch. (I cry every time, something, something, harden the * up, but she gets about as excited as a Masto celebration seeing me cry)

West Coast to kick 10.1 61 and Essendon to kick 7.18 60 in a game reminiscent of our unlikely win against Collingwood last year and with the biggest positive out of the match to be no injuries. The only other acceptable result is we get flogged and Nisbett is somehow removed from the club. I don't care if it's a lynch mob, a Harold Holt walking into the water and going missing occurrence, A 24h fly in/fly out team of Bulgarians or even Brian Cook giving him a Liverpool Kiss and sending him into a 10 year coma. Even an accidental choking incident involving an Essendon scarf would do as I just can't see him walking out on his own. Maybe Tim Gepp finally loses his mind and does a Grima Wormtongue on Saruman.

No matter what happens we can console ourselves with the with the Fact we have made 4 grand finals, winning 2 of them all since Essendon last won a final. We may be at our lowest ebb but I'd certainly much rather our last 20 years than the drug cheats.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7162C5A5-09E2-4BA0-A7B6-B0F1949DA5B9.jpeg

Fit players not named in the 22

Emergencies
O’Neill
Chesser
Clark
Trew

Others
Hewett
Barnett
J Williams
Baker
Dewar
Burgiel

Suspect O’Neill will be the sub leaving Clark to lead a group of one 20 year old (Trew) and 7 teenagers to play East Perth on Sunday

Twelve players unavailable through injury - all but Winder and Edwards, perhaps Culley would be considered best 22

Also announced is that Oscar Allen gets his turn to audition for the captaincy

Match committee have no idea, Chesser and XON one of our only youngish sort of players, should be selected. If you can't get picked at this point, then idk

Genuinely curious as to what the crowd turnout will be like. Chilly Saturday night but clear with no chance of rain. Bombers have a massive following in WA so will probably swell the figure a bit much like the Carlton game.

Still think they might be lucky to crack 40,000 though with how disgruntled a number of WCE members are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back