C: Jarryn Geary, Lenny Hayes, Farren Ray
HF: Clinton Jones, Nick Riewoldt, Leigh Montagna
F: Eli Templeton, Beau Maister, Josh Saunders
Foll: Tom Hickey, David Armitage, Tom Curren
I/C: Jack Newnes, Rhys Stanley, Shane Savage, Luke Dunstan
EMG: Sam Dunell, Sebastian Ross, Billy Longer

In: Jimmy Webster
Out: Dylan Roberton (Omitted)

Should be a good contest, unless the Eagles become complacent, or the Saints get stage fright.

We are probably two goals per quarter better than the Saints, so I'm predicting a 45 point win.

What's the weather like over there at the mo? I also suspect it might be a bit closer than most expect, as I think we'll play very defensively and try to turn it into a scrap and have one spare in defence all game, so if it's going to be wet at all I'm considering the idea of backing us at the line, which was 63.5 points, last I saw.

OK, thanks for that, last I heard there was talk about it potentially being a wet weather game. Think we'll have gone in too short if we go in as selected if it's going to be dry all game. May now see Longer come in for someone like Savage.

There was a chance in the forecast - but looking outside its warm and clear

Trying to decide between shorts and jeans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely taking the piss with this timeslot.

Geelong/Collingwood on at same time in Victoria, what will be more popular game in Vic, Geel/Coll or WC/StK? Should be Brisbane Gold Coast at 4.40 Geelong Collingwood at 7.40, leading onto West Coast St Kilda 10.40 for people who want to watch all 3 games in Victoria. Meanwhile West Coast fans, majority of whom are in Perth, would be able to watch their team play a genuine night game.

Nope, instead we will have another monstrosity of a twilight game set at the same time as two big successful Vic clubs.

Would be happy if Vic/NSW clubs had to play a bit later every now and then (e.g. once a year...)

Bloody hell, WC are going in so much taller than us it's not funny. Not sure why they needed to go in even taller down back? Glass, Brown, Mackenzie and Schofield, WTF? :confused:

Schofield isn't that tall. We've been running all three of Glass, Brown and Mackenzie successfully throughout the season, no need to tamper with something that's working very well.

You know you're a tall team when someone who is 196cm is "not that tall"! ;) :D

Hah, I get your point. Schofield plays smaller than those other three. But personally I think he's not that good anyway and doesn't form part of our first 22, hence why he's the late inclusion. We'll see how our height goes against your short people.

We haven't necessarily got a team of "short people" as we still have 3 who are 194cm+ up forward and someone 200cm+ in the ruck, but you guys have just gone in with 3 "ruckmen", to go with Kennedy and Darling up forward and 4 who are tall and big enough to play key defence, which is extremely unusual. That's two more "talls" than most teams roll with.

We are still relatively short down back though. Bruce played well in the VFL today and I was surprised we didn't pick him, especially considering just how tall your team is.

Maybe you guys are just taking the piss and have this one pencilled in already?

We haven't necessarily got a team of "short people" as we still have 3 who are 194cm+ up forward and someone 200cm+ in the ruck, but you guys have just gone in with 3 "ruckmen", to go with Kennedy and Darling up forward and 4 who are tall and big enough to play key defence, which is extremely unusual. That's two more "talls" than most teams roll with.

We are still relatively short down back though. Bruce played well in the VFL today and I was surprised we didn't pick him, especially considering just how tall your team is.

Maybe you guys are just taking the piss and have this one pencilled in already?
Did the Eagles not play with the same team in the last 2 weeks? What were those results?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back