Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour is Albion stalwart Leigh davis is stranded on 299 games and considering 1 more to reach the 300 club.
TV and radio interviews planned, past players day organised.........

Begbee youre a cat man, whats the story?

Danny Ocean was at training last night, looks a million dollars to! With a new tin lid and being one of the leaders of the club and living around the corner I think the only place he'll be having a kick is at Hogans.

Divvy 2 thread has him going there (done deal)? - But all players bar the ruckman have committed:D. Reality is "your club is in turmoil" as qouted by a senior leader within the club:thumbsu: and other players are walking.

No surprise after what I heard in regard to the treatment of one of your most talented kids:thumbsdown:

Cool story pal.

Danny Ocean was at training last night, looks a million dollars to! With a new tin lid and being one of the leaders of the club and living around the corner I think the only place he'll be having a kick is at Hogans.

Divvy 2 thread has him going there (done deal)? - But all players bar the ruckman have committed:D. Reality is "your club is in turmoil" as qouted by a senior leader within the club:thumbsu: and other players are walking.

No surprise after what I heard in regard to the treatment of one of your most talented kids:thumbsdown:

If you are talking about the talented kid that played at hoppers and has now signed at Sunshine, i think you might need to check the word talented out in a dictionary buddy. from what i was told he nearly cried when dropped from the 1's last year and refused to talk to any coaches...i know a couple of players that played with him in the 18's this year and they said he thinks he is a little better than what he is.

If you are talking about the talented kid that played at hoppers and has now signed at Sunshine, i think you might need to check the word talented out in a dictionary buddy. from what i was told he nearly cried when dropped from the 1's last year and refused to talk to any coaches...i know a couple of players that played with him in the 18's this year and they said he thinks he is a little better than what he is.

Outside looking in (appropriate) - Think you have the wrong kid:thumbsu:

i think if your talking about jakey your dreaming buddy,
jake has possibly got the hardest work ethic i have seen outta any of the boys coming up, he is a very down to earth kid.
ive play a fair bit of footy with jake and i can tell ya that he never gives less than 100% and he has definately got talent.
he is a huge loss but thats not the reason he left, he did regret his decision to not play reserves and play 18s instead but in the end that was what he agreed at the start of the year, to not play reserves.
jake is going to sunshine for something different and was impressed with what he saw when he was offered an opportunity to play with a few of the blokes they just signed. he did tell me he still likes hoppers but for now he is at sunshine. i think he might just surprise ya in 2011

i think if your talking about jakey your dreaming buddy,
jake has possibly got the hardest work ethic i have seen outta any of the boys coming up, he is a very down to earth kid.
ive play a fair bit of footy with jake and i can tell ya that he never gives less than 100% and he has definately got talent.
he is a huge loss but thats not the reason he left, he did regret his decision to not play reserves and play 18s instead but in the end that was what he agreed at the start of the year, to not play reserves.
jake is going to sunshine for something different and was impressed with what he saw when he was offered an opportunity to play with a few of the blokes they just signed. he did tell me he still likes hoppers but for now he is at sunshine. i think he might just surprise ya in 2011

Just hope all the Centrelink cheques hold up out Sunshine way with all there new signing's:eek:

You are probably not aware but there is a club about 5KM away from Point Cook that has a senior team in the WRFL (and have been in there for years) and they only have 1 junior team... while PC has 17.

I think that needs to be factored in to the argument.

GBF50 have you travelled on Point Cook Rd recently ? You couldn't expect these kids to walk/ride the 5km to training on this road and negotiate the freeway as well. Get real.

whats you definition of sub standard?

When the parents open the bar at 4pm when training starts for the juniors that is. Breezers & Jimmy cans poured into coffee mugs.

I have been around the traps for a fair while and we had the most enjoyable year at PCFC with our young bloke playing his first year of footy.

At the end of the day success is nowdays equated with how many draftees are on AFL lists and the WRFL's record isn't that great. They wouldn't want to piss too many parents from this area and miss out on the bragging rites down the track. From what I saw this year there is a fair bit of potential down there.

Just hope all the Centrelink cheques hold up out Sunshine way with all there new signing's:eek:

Bully 84 (Grouse Name, you must be tough) - Who are all Sunshine's signings and how much are they on?

Financially can categorically state, financially Sunshine are sound and have been well managed for the last few years. Further to this they are not in other clubs hemisphere, but may be getting closer.

Is this the same kid the club treated like rubbish when him and the senior coach had a agreement if he was dropped he would go and play 18's instead of the 2's Ezard promised him he wouldnt be droped and when he was he rocked up ready to play 18's

The club then wanted to suspend him because he didnt play 2's not knowing that they had spoken before the season started and agreed on thats what they would do having a whole bunch of blokes treat him like a out cast and also hearing some not kind words coming from the 2nds captain i cant blame him for getting up and leaving after that kind of treatment

True or false Glenorden Football Club are yet to even get close to sign a coach?

False, Jason Fastuca has been appointed playing coach for 2011, already got some new players to the club, the hawks will be alright, maybe not Albion or Spotswood class, but better than last year!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GBF50 have you travelled on Point Cook Rd recently ? You couldn't expect these kids to walk/ride the 5km to training on this road and negotiate the freeway as well. Get real.

Great Point there Bingo. It would be dangerous to ride a bike down the middle of any main road, however there is a bike track that can be ridden from anywhere in Point Cook with the only main road to be crossed being Central Avenue (which has numerous pedestrian lights) to get to Laverton. In regards to the freeway being negotiated, you obviously don't know the area too well.

yeah it sailed in august 1997, and still laugh about it to this day!!!

Yeah. I think only now we can laugh about it too. Probably one of the dumbest things I know of a footy club to do.

But it did lay foundation for the club to grow in another league, where they were stagnant in the wrfl.

alzeimers is really kickin in, can u refresh my memory

Werribee playing a suspended player in the GF. He copped a week, werribee had the week off and thought that the week off counted to his suspension and lost grand final via disqualification.

Really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back