WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

hearing out there that Heights are about to close the doors.

Surprising. A long way from the worst in D3 last season, no forfeits, a couple of junior sides.

Is it the 2 division structure that they fear?

Should reiterate that 6 teams of the probable other 11 in the proposed 2024 D2 are teams they played in 2023. Only team to beat the Premiers. Only 3 of the 2024 D2 should be feared, don't think they need fear Braybrook and North Footscray.

Hope they don't go, are a good club.

hearing out there that Heights are about to close the doors.
Hope it's not true, however in not looking at the broader picture of football in the West and having a simple Div 1 focus there is a real risk up to 5 clubs may not be with us in the next 2 years with only 2 divisions. If this is what people believe is best for the code, this is what is likely

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope it's not true, however in not looking at the broader picture of football in the West and having a simple Div 1 focus there is a real risk up to 5 clubs may not be with us in the next 2 years with only 2 divisions. If this is what people believe is best for the code, this is what is likely

The State government has announced that 22 new primary schools will be built in the western suburbs over the next few years.
Has anybody thought of forming a consortium of clubs, especially in the Wyndham hinterland to approach schools to participate in a local primary school competition.
It's a perfect way to introduce non-AFL families (read soccer) to our game.
If it doesn't happen, the local clubs and the WRFNL will wither on the vine.
There is an opportunity here.

The State government has announced that 22 new primary schools will be built in the western suburbs over the next few years.
Has anybody thought of forming a consortium of clubs, especially in the Wyndham hinterland to approach schools to participate in a local primary school competition.
100% spot on.

Best and fairest boards in the future should be filled with Patels and Singh's!

Wrong club and he has a senior gig just down the road
I Heard it from the horses mouth. Braybrook 2’s wanted me to come play for him… despite me being 40 years old

Also I doubt highly he’d get a senior gig, not knocking the bloke I like the guy but I think he’s more suited to the twos

I Heard it from the horses mouth. Braybrook 2’s wanted me to come play for him… despite me being 40 years old

Also I doubt highly he’d get a senior gig, not knocking the bloke I like the guy but I think he’s more suited to the twos
100% he will be a senior coach in 2024, announcement is imminent.

100% spot on.

Best and fairest boards in the future should be filled with Patels and Singh's!
Squeaky Clean,

You and I have been on about this issue for (probably) three years.

Apart from you, not one person has shown any interest (on this forum) in trying to co-ordinate a junior AFL schools’ competition within the Wyndham and surrounding regions. If we do nothing, other sports will overrun our beloved AFL (and the WRNFL).

I am happy to be a forerunner to a team of local AFL followers in approaching schools, and having them up and running in 2024.

Volunteers don’t need to be attached to a local club.

We know that the Werribee and Williamstown VFL teams are filled with players aspiring to greater heights. How many are locals representing their municipalities?

Williamstown VFL has (only) 5 local players, all of whom have been pushed up by the Williamstown CYMS AFC.

I am unaware of how many Wyndham locals represent the Tigers, hopefully, there is a contingent from local clubs.

There is a flourishing H/Bay Friday morning local junior school AFL competition (girls and boys all in together) which must help the local junior clubs, viz Altona, Newport Juniors, Spotswood, Willi Juniors and YSE.

Such a competition would benefit the Wyndham junior football clubs, and then …. Onwards and upwards?

SC, should you be interested in being part of the formation of a local Primary Schools’ league, I can be contacted through ‘Over the Post’.

Other WRFL, interested people, and school advocates are very welcome to contact me through OTP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squeaky Clean,

You and I have been on about this issue for (probably) three years.

Apart from you, not one person has shown any interest (on this forum) in trying to co-ordinate a junior AFL schools’ competition within the Wyndham and surrounding regions. If we do nothing, other sports will overrun our beloved AFL (and the WRNFL).

I am happy to be a forerunner to a team of local AFL followers in approaching schools, and having them up and running in 2024.

Volunteers don’t need to be attached to a local club.

We know that the Werribee and Williamstown VFL teams are filled with players aspiring to greater heights. How many are locals representing their municipalities?

Williamstown VFL has (only) 5 local players, all of whom have been pushed up by the Williamstown CYMS AFC.

I am unaware of how many Wyndham locals represent the Tigers, hopefully, there is a contingent from local clubs.

There is a flourishing H/Bay Friday morning local junior school AFL competition (girls and boys all in together) which must help the local junior clubs, viz Altona, Newport Juniors, Spotswood, Willi Juniors and YSE.

Such a competition would benefit the Wyndham junior football clubs, and then …. Onwards and upwards?

SC, should you be interested in being part of the formation of a local Primary Schools’ league, I can be contacted through ‘Over the Post’.

Other WRFL, interested people, and school advocates are very welcome to contact me through OTP.
Brilliant mate.

I think the most affective way forward would be a joint venture between the AFL and local clubs.

I.e schools identified to be aligned with clubs and with the AFL community officers and Clubs, work together to get s football program together, organise uniforms, etc maybe discounted fees etc for weekend footy, and bring back the interschool comps that used to be around that were allowed to die on the vine.

I think the credibility of the AFL would need assistance of state government to open doors.

Just my two cents, but clubs need to be pushing AFL house for this assistance

Brilliant mate.

I think the most affective way forward would be a joint venture between the AFL and local clubs.

I.e schools identified to be aligned with clubs and with the AFL community officers and Clubs, work together to get s football program together, organise uniforms, etc maybe discounted fees etc for weekend footy, and bring back the interschool comps that used to be around that were allowed to die on the vine.

I think the credibility of the AFL would need assistance of state government to open doors.

Just my two cents, but clubs need to be pushing AFL house for this assistance
SC
You couldn't be more correct if you tried.
BUT, who will push the clubs to get the movement happening.
We need to get together: I have an agenda that will no doubt require tweaking - two heads are better than one.

Great idea to get State schools to play afl it doesn't happen now walk past a PS and there all playing soccer.
In my day we played the local schools on Friday West Footscray Maidstone Braybrook Footscray Totty Nth North Footscray it was great.

Great idea to get State schools to play afl it doesn't happen now walk past a PS and there all playing soccer.
In my day we played the local schools on Friday West Footscray Maidstone Braybrook Footscray Totty Nth North Footscray it was great.
I'm happy to kick it off, but I will need support from people like you and Squeaker.

Wasn’t he sacked from YSE and then sacked from Braybrook ? just askin…
Who said? There are two types of coaches those who have been sacked, and those who are waiting to be sacked. Probs need to know the reasons behind it, rather than just saying he was sacked. Seems like a good appointment for Tarneit, can’t imagine coaching Divy 3 clubs are high priority for people, but time will tell.

Wasn’t he sacked from YSE and then sacked from Braybrook ? just askin…
Was not sacked at either. Was not offered a contract at YSE at the expiry of his contract and had already moved on when Braybrook asked to discuss a new contract.

Facts are important, has never been sacked

Post on RDFL thread suggesting Rockbank at a special meeting have voted to look to join the WRFL but WRFL not 100% committed to them.

Not currently a strong club but in a growing area, there's some potential there, interesting from WRFL' s point of view, if true.

Post on RDFL thread suggesting Rockbank at a special meeting have voted to look to join the WRFL but WRFL not 100% committed to them.

Not currently a strong club but in a growing area, there's some potential there, interesting from WRFL' s point of view.
It’s actually crazy if true.

Rockbank is in a great geographical position to play WRFL teams, opens the door to Melton clubs if successful and with the loss of clubs to other leagues recently it can only be a good thing.

Why on Earth wouldn’t the WRFL be keen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back