WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
After the disgraceful scenes at Hillside v St Albans and the Deer Park v West Coburg GF, clubs would be stupid to join that competition.

The WFNL should be actively inviting some of the EDFL teams based close geographically to the WFNL (like Marby Park, Ascot Vale, and Moonee Valley) to join them.

I
They had 30 teams this year 10, 12 & 8, why would they want 31?

Mind you wouldn't surprise if the EDFL are on the phone to WRFL clubs, AFL Vic should stop this stuff, not good for local footy everywhere.
Think they are covering their asses incase East Sunbury fold again. It was their first year back, didnt come close to winning a game. I also know they have put Hadfield on notice because there was a lot of on and off field incidents with players, staff and supporters behaviours.

I think they are also mindful of clubs like that because Jacana did the same thing and folded came back folded and it really has stuffed the bottom div for the last few years.

I

Think they are covering their asses incase East Sunbury fold again. It was their first year back, didnt come close to winning a game. I also know they have put Hadfield on notice because there was a lot of on and off field incidents with players, staff and supporters behaviours.

I think they are also mindful of clubs like that because Jacana did the same thing and folded came back folded and it really has stuffed the bottom div for the last few years.
EDFL aren’t chasing any club, it’s the other way around.

Haha no one.

Parkside WANT to leave and I believe will apply to transfer, along with Ascot Vale as their junior club
If that’s the case will they go to EDFL Division 2?

Hear me out - If an established WRFL Div 1 club like Deer Park (and St Albans) goes to EDFL Div 1 this year, you’d think Parkside would have to go to a lower division then they did.

So, if true and my conspiracy theory happens, they will have won a Div 2 flag and then gone to a leagues 3rd division AGAIN!!

Hope it happens!

Last edited:
The rumour that they’re joining the EDFL has being around for 30 yrs
The rumour is related to their close relationship with junior club Ascot Vale. How that relationship develops if at all may make a decision.

Ironically when Ascot Vale last had seniors they played in the FDFL and then the WRFL so maybe the assumption they would go into the EDFL of they formalised the relationship is not accurate

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Bench back to Albion.
Can confirm that Steven Kennedy will be following his footsteps and coming out of retirements to put on the hoops jumper. Albion Red hot favs now to win the flag.

Surely three divisions now, 8-8-8

Glenorden and Rockbank to start in Div 3…

WRFL needs to hurry up, how can you recruit if you don’t know what the budget is

Last edited:

WRFL needs to hurry up, how can you recruit if you don’t know what the budget is

If Rockbank join and Glenorden get up and running again (surely the WRFL need some assurances from them pretty quickly), it should be 9-8-7 with the objective being a 10 team D1 in 2025.

Not ideal for 2024 but easier to get to 10 from 9 rather than 8, simply promote the D2 premier and don't relegate from D1.

If Manor Lakes can rejoin, as mentioned previously in 2025, go 10-8-7 in 2025.

Truganina can hopefully make it 10-8-8 a few more years down the track.

It should be 10, 8 and 6, leave div 3 for clubs that need to be in div 3. Tarneit, North Sunshine, Lavo, Glenorden, Rockbank and either West's or Sunny heights. Gives them the opportunity for finals success and then go up rather than sitting in div 2 down the bottom of the ladder

It should be 10, 8 and 6, leave div 3 for clubs that need to be in div 3. Tarneit, North Sunshine, Lavo, Glenorden, Rockbank and either West's or Sunny heights. Gives them the opportunity for finals success and then go up rather than sitting in div 2 down the bottom of the ladder
I just don’t understand the obsession with a 10 team Division 1… set the divisions based on now and then review again each year. Once you have more than 24 teams add more to Division 1.

You never know Manor Lakes, Eynesbury, Melton Centrals, Melton South and another club could miraculously come in OR it could go the other way, clubs could leave the comp (or fold) too.

Get all three divisions firing, give everyone an opportunity to succeed (and have fun) and then as clubs are added/depart adjust the divisions to suit.

It doesn’t need to be complicated.

But the league needs to stop dragging their feet FFS.. hate to be an administrator of a 2023 Div 3 club (or even Braybrook who faces relegation or Parkside looking at promotion) not knowing budget..

I just don’t understand the obsession with a 10 team Division 1… set the divisions based on now and then review again each year. Once you have more than 24 teams add more to Division 1.

You never know Manor Lakes, Eynesbury, Melton Centrals, Melton South and another club could miraculously come in OR it could go the other way, clubs could leave the comp (or fold) too.

Get all three divisions firing, give everyone an opportunity to succeed (and have fun) and then as clubs are added/depart adjust the divisions to suit.

It doesn’t need to be complicated.

But the league needs to stop dragging their feet FFS.. hate to be an administrator of a 2023 Div 3 club (or even Braybrook who faces relegation or Parkside looking at promotion) not knowing budget..

WRFL AGM in early December, expect confirmation then. Am expecting 9/14.

Rockbank have been endorsed by WRFL Board, expect them to be voted in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back