WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure they will, still plenty of good people at the club.

My question was more simple who are they losing, Beach, Menadue?.....

Who are they picking up to replace their best player and their ex AFL co captain if this is true and who else of their best 22 are leaving.

Given Varcoe has just been appointed, with fantastic credibility I would have assumed the club should be able to recruit well unless there are financial issues

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not involved enough to know the answers to these questions mate. I only know what my brother relays to me. He says they will be fine so I have to take his word for it.

Are Altona unstable enough to do a Hoppers Crossing and drop down the ladder significantly? Wouldn't think so

Are Altona unstable enough to do a Hoppers Crossing and drop down the ladder significantly? Wouldn't think so
Not sure unstable is the word, more losing quality experienced players possibly not being replaced.

For it to be an issue, Hoppers, Spotty, Caroline Springs and Point Cook Centrals would all have to improve a bit for though WD and Point Cook are ahead of them already and given the quality leaving Yarraville may be too there should be enough left to at least be competitive.

Plus the new coach does have significant AFL/VFL experience and likely contacts.

Believe that Connor Menadue and a couple of other Altona players will join Mitch Turnball and Kelly Pickard in accepting the huge $$$$$ on offer at Portarlington FC in the Bellarine Football League
Menadue confirmed to Portarlington

Great to hear Hoppers are on the move after a really ordinary year. Polec signed up as coach and Ray Kitchen in charge of recruiting. It's great that a divvy 1 club have given someone from Sunny Heights the chance to be hands on as they attempt to turn Hoppers around fortunes!

The Ray show hoping hoppers can give a few "the rounds of the kitchen"!

Great to hear Hoppers are on the move after a really ordinary year. Polec signed up as coach and Ray Kitchen in charge of recruiting. It's great that a divvy 1 club have given someone from Sunny Heights the chance to be hands on as they attempt to turn Hoppers around fortunes!

The Ray show hoping hoppers can give a few "the rounds of the kitchen"!
What move ?
I haven’t seen them sign anyone which is a worry finishing last I expected them to be busy with signings this off-season. Looking thru there juniors also not a great deal coming thru compared to other clubs in the area
a Once proud club now on its knees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 good recruits the rest are good average wrfl players
Interesting take.

Anyone know if they’ve lost any/from their premiership side?

Tom Condon is the best forward in the competition. Not sure anyone argues that. Kicked just shy of 70 goals in EDFL premier. You’d think that type of form translates to more in the WRFL

Jack Condon, Di Stefano, Mantas, Moncrieff walk into every Division 1 senior outfit. I’d say more than just two good recruits.

Shaun Campbell, has won the last three competition medals in a row in Division 2.

They’ll surprise a few. quality on every line.

Interesting take.

Tom Condon is the best forward in the competition. Not sure anyone argues that. Kicked just shy of 70 goals in EDFL premier. You’d think that type of form translates to more in the WRFL

Jack Condon, Di Stefano, Mantas, Moncrieff walk into every Division 1 senior outfit. I’d say more than just two good recruits.

Shaun Campbell, has won the last three competition medals in a row in Division 2.

They are prepared for stepping up to Div 1. Have been since Covid. Point Cook Centrals surprised by a massive recruitment spree but only delayed them stepping up by 1 year.

Well coached and well run club now. Will surprise more than a few in Div 1 and their connection with Ascot Vale hopefully will develop more making them even stronger.

Jordan Robbins from Altona headed up to the mallee. Anyone able to tel me much about him?
Quality player, leader and person. May not have played for a few years but will be great for a country club

Interesting take.

Just got lucky over albion give me a spell
Who are they going to beat ?

They are prepared for stepping up to Div 1. Have been since Covid. Point Cook Centrals surprised by a massive recruitment spree but only delayed them stepping up by 1 year.

Well coached and well run club now. Will surprise more than a few in Div 1 and their connection with Ascot Vale hopefully will develop more making them even stronger.

Ascot Vale have a connection with avondale Heights check website goose only connection would be superrules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back