WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
My gues would be financial more than anything...

There's a fair chunk of affiliation fees out the door if the two clubs move on.
I can see that. I haven't been involved at Board level for a very long time, but from memory it was roughly $22k for 18's to Seniors about 15ish years ago.
I like how they are making it somewhat difficult. Perhaps they are learning from experiences that other leagues have dealt with in the past. In the mid 90's Sunbury, Bacchus Marsh, Darley, Melton, Melton South (maybe more clubs than that) all left the RDFL in the space of a couple of years and almost destroyed that competition.
Fair point. Ultimately, I believe letting them go is in the best interest of the competition long-term, so I don't think appealing makes much sense.

I have had no messages from: -

Club Supporters

Club officials

Primary schools

But the WRFL HQ suggested I contact the AFL.

Who is ‘SOMEONE ELSE?”

As previously noted in this forum, a school-based AFL footy competition should be the saviour of our junior teams which would transcend to future players representing local WRFL clubs.

The cost of a club donating a set of guernseys to a school would, in the long term, be more beneficial than luring mercenaries. However, there would need to be a club-school liaison officer which shouldn’t be too hard to find as most clubs have supporters who either had or still have children at those schools.

Immigrants, in the main, play soccer. Soccer players adapt to AFL very quickly. Vice versa too.
  • No WRFL suporters have contacted me
  • No Clubs have contacted me
  • No schools have contacted me
  • The WRFL suggested I contact the AFL.
I remain available to help in organising probably the largest and strongest primary school football competition in metropolitan Melbourne which would transcend to developing WRFL clubs with local talent.

My thoughts are on ‘Big Footy’, under the pseudonym ‘SeaSide’.

We all understand that should club stalwarts wait for ‘someone else’, local primary schools will soon have a soccer competition which will be huge. We need to get in first.

Hopefully, we're not too late.

I have had no messages from: -

Club Supporters

Club officials

Primary schools

But the WRFL HQ suggested I contact the AFL.

Who is ‘SOMEONE ELSE?”

As previously noted in this forum, a school-based AFL footy competition should be the saviour of our junior teams which would transcend to future players representing local WRFL clubs.

The cost of a club donating a set of guernseys to a school would, in the long term, be more beneficial than luring mercenaries. However, there would need to be a club-school liaison officer which shouldn’t be too hard to find as most clubs have supporters who either had or still have children at those schools.

Immigrants, in the main, play soccer. Soccer players adapt to AFL very quickly. Vice versa too.
  • No WRFL suporters have contacted me
  • No Clubs have contacted me
  • No schools have contacted me
  • The WRFL suggested I contact the AFL.
I remain available to help in organising probably the largest and strongest primary school football competition in metropolitan Melbourne which would transcend to developing WRFL clubs with local talent.

My thoughts are on ‘Big Footy’, under the pseudonym ‘SeaSide’.

We all understand that should club stalwarts wait for ‘someone else’, local primary schools will soon have a soccer competition which will be huge. We need to get in first.

Hopefully, we're not too late.
I was listening to the radio & heard some do gooder group wants to ban all physical contact in Afl below u14 age groups due to head knocks😳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear Hoppers are on the move after a really ordinary year. Polec signed up as coach and Ray Kitchen in charge of recruiting. It's great that a divvy 1 club have given someone from Sunny Heights the chance to be hands on as they attempt to turn Hoppers around fortunes!

The Ray show hoping hoppers can give a few "the rounds of the kitchen"!
Big Ray doing a terrific job at Hoppers.
My club just picked up two quality players after he told one of them to F... off after he told Ray the money he wanted.

Looks like they are going into the new season with no recruits at all. Another tough season that may put an end to the club.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My club just picked up two quality players after he told one of them to F... off after he told Ray the money he wanted.

Looks like they are going into the new season with no recruits at all. Another tough season that may put an end to the club.

Not good ol Sunny Heights Ray?

Hard to judge Ray’s response when we don’t have all the details of negotiations.
I’m sure we’ve all heard stories of stupid money and other stuff even average players have asked for.

Jed Anderson signed at Hoppers Crossing.. guess Ray not doing so bad.. problem at the moment a lot of players have high values on their heads. Some requests are bloody ridiculous

Attachments

• IMG_7638.png
    IMG_7638.png
    526.3 KB · Views: 95
Word is $50k package just like the senior coach.
How do you think Jed Anderson would ?

He should dominate, I see he is playing up in Darwin at the moment in the NTFL which I would consider a high standard as there is a lot of Victorian footballers that go up there to play.

He has been in the best every week, so should go well.

50k I dont think so, Hoppers dont pay that sort of money.

He should dominate, I see he is playing up in Darwin at the moment in the NTFL which I would consider a high standard as there is a lot of Victorian footballers that go up there to play.

Well they do now 😄😄

Jed Anderson signed at Hoppers Crossing.. guess Ray not doing so bad.. problem at the moment a lot of players have high values on their heads. Some requests are bloody ridiculous

Something tells me Ray Ray didn't have much to do with this one!

They are desperate to get recruits in.
Including flights and matchies he will be on a fair bit of coin.
Be interesting to see if they land Turner by end of the week.
Most of the salary cap taken by two players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back