WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Dahlhaus leaving Point Cook and has joined Anakie in the GDFL.

Travis Varcoe just announced as Altona coach

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 151
Great appointment by Altona. Should see them remain at the top end and be a premiership threat.
Can anyone confirm if Varcoe will be a playing coach?

heard that he wont play many, but will try to qualify for finals.
That’s unusual isn’t it?
I get that when at Yarraville he was restricted because of his role at the Western Bulldogs but if been appointed Altona senior coach so nothing prohibiting him from playing if he is fit and willing.
I would have thought you’re either playing or non playing not just playing a few to qualify. I’d be surprised if that’s the case.
Time will tell I suppose, playing or not it’s still a great get by the Vikings!!

That’s unusual isn’t it?
I get that when at Yarraville he was restricted because of his role at the Western Bulldogs but if been appointed Altona senior coach so nothing prohibiting him from playing if he is fit and willing.
I would have thought you’re either playing or non playing not just playing a few to qualify. I’d be surprised if that’s the case.
Time will tell I suppose, playing or not it’s still a great get by the Vikings!!
He is in his mid 30s, even his calibre struggle in Div one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be my point cook bias, but I think Burton.

But Bench, Luxford, the big ruckman from Yarraville could all win it, maybe Selsby too.
Burton got off to a pretty slow start didn't he

Will come home like a train but might not get there

Is there a list of who has been invited anywhere?

Dahlhaus and eggmolesse smith and Denny leaving PC. Anyone know what are they going to look like next year??

Dahlhaus and eggmolesse smith and Denny leaving PC. Anyone know what are they going to look like next year??
Reckon they will be ok. Denny is a loss but going to play for his dad, Eggmolose-Smith wasn't fit enough (was brilliant 12 months ago), and Dalhaus is a jet, but he only played half the year.

The wave of talented kids coming through, why wouldn't you want to go play there? They now have 12 extra points up their sleeves for recruiting too.

Reckon they will be ok. Denny is a loss but going to play for his dad, Eggmolose-Smith wasn't fit enough (was brilliant 12 months ago), and Dalhaus is a jet, but he only played half the year.

The wave of talented kids coming through, why wouldn't you want to go play there? They now have 12 extra points up their sleeves for recruiting too.
I’ll tell you why, it’s in Pt Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back