WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone up for a ladder prediction
Question- will WRFL survive past 2024 as a rated metro league?? Hearing a few of the stronger clubs looking at options for season 2025 and beyond to play in a stronger rated competition. Think div1 WRFL just about done!!

Question- will WRFL survive past 2024 as a rated metro league?? Hearing a few of the stronger clubs looking at options for season 2025 and beyond to play in a stronger rated competition. Think div1 WRFL just about done!!
I’m assuming the league they would be looking at would be the Essendon & Districts, although it was muted at some point on here that Spotswood too was considering a move to the Southern League?
If they lose another 2 or 3 major teams then the quality drops right back and SFL and RDFL would pass it.

I’m assuming the league they would be looking at would be the Essendon & Districts, although it was muted at some point on here that Spotswood too was considering a move to the Southern League?
If they lose another 2 or 3 major teams then the quality drops right back and SFL and RDFL would pass it.
Not sure EDFL is the answer, we all saw what DP did to their second tier & wont compete in top tier

A couple of you have the Vikings down quite low on the ladder. Prelim finalists from last year .. must admit I dont know too much about there ins and outs but are we expecting that much of a drop from them?

A couple of you have the Vikings down quite low on the ladder. Prelim finalists from last year .. must admit I dont know too much about there ins and outs but are we expecting that much of a drop from them?
Lost Bench and C.Menadue
Gained Varcoe and Stefan Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. With the exception of Hoppers who will struggle, you could throw a blanket over the rest.

Altona have lost 10 from their premiership year in 2022 and 19 from their 2019 Grand Final side that should have won.

Not sure they have been replaced and their depth is not as strong. However, it will be a young team so could be anything from top 3 to missing the finals. More a reflection of the competition

Good question. With the exception of Hoppers who will struggle, you could throw a blanket over the rest.

Altona have lost 10 from their premiership year in 2022 and 19 from their 2019 Grand Final side that should have won.

Not sure they have been replaced and their depth is not as strong. However, it will be a young team so could be anything from top 3 to missing the finals. More a reflection of the competition

Beat me to it…..seems lots of Altona players headed of to the mallee region

Who are the few stronger clubs looking at options for 2025. Where did you get this crap from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back