Teams Wests Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not so sure. Without him on the field we look lost for ideas when we get within the opposition 30 and I don't think either Moses or Brooks are ready to step up and take on that responsibility. We need to sensibly replace him and I'll be disappointed if we end up playing Halatau at Hooker next season. If this is the start of a high profile player exodus then I hope Lawrence follows him out the door. I just hope he goes to England rather than play for another NRL club.

I'm not so sure. Without him on the field we look lost for ideas when we get within the opposition 30 and I don't think either Moses or Brooks are ready to step up and take on that responsibility. We need to sensibly replace him and I'll be disappointed if we end up playing Halatau at Hooker next season. If this is the start of a high profile player exodus then I hope Lawrence follows him out the door. I just hope he goes to England rather than play for another NRL club.
He will be 32 when the next season starts and his body has copped a battering the last few years - he simply won't be in your team when you guys are up and competing again.

His performances have declined massively this year, yes he still tackles his heart out but tries, linebreaks, try assists and running metres all well down. He's gone from being the 2nd best hooker in the game a year or so ago to probably being 7th or 8th (Based on 2015 performances not past reputation)

He's missed about 6 games each year for the past 4 years.

You look at the demise of Potter last season and how he behaved it was incredibly toxic regardless of whether he was right or wrong or if it was media bullshit, he was the captain and that type of stuff shouldn't be happening. With him gone it allows for a new era to begin and hopefully a clean slate for all.

If he really is going to be one million a year for the next two seasons thats simply ridiculous - move him on and that salary cap relief is substantial and it will allow you to be very active in the player for the next couple of seasons.

Yep you probably won't have a better hooker for next season but if your club makes some smart decisions this should really be short term pain for some long term gain. :thumbsu:

He will be 32 when the next season starts and his body has copped a battering the last few years - he simply won't be in your team when you guys are up and competing again.

His performances have declined massively this year, yes he still tackles his heart out but tries, linebreaks, try assists and running metres all well down. He's gone from being the 2nd best hooker in the game a year or so ago to probably being 7th or 8th (Based on 2015 performances not past reputation)

He's missed about 6 games each year for the past 4 years.

You look at the demise of Potter last season and how he behaved it was incredibly toxic regardless of whether he was right or wrong or if it was media bullshit, he was the captain and that type of stuff shouldn't be happening. With him gone it allows for a new era to begin and hopefully a clean slate for all.

If he really is going to be one million a year for the next two seasons thats simply ridiculous - move him on and that salary cap relief is substantial and it will allow you to be very active in the player for the next couple of seasons.

Yep you probably won't have a better hooker for next season but if your club makes some smart decisions this should really be short term pain for some long term gain. :thumbsu:

Kind of seems like (had he not had injuries and retired of his own accord) if Carlton had decided that Chris Judd was going to play for the Northern Bullants this year, except unlike 2014 Judd, Farah is fit and still playing quality footy (Captained NSW this year). Doesn't really sit right with me, from a playing or a loyalty/respect perspective.

Better way to handle it would have been to keep it in-house, and position themselves like "if you'd like to chase some success elsewhere, we won't get in your way", giving him the choice, rather than just pushing him out of the first grade side.

Kind of seems like (had he not had injuries and retired of his own accord) if Carlton had decided that Chris Judd was going to play for the Northern Bullants this year, except unlike 2014 Judd, Farah is fit and still playing quality footy (Captained NSW this year). Doesn't really sit right with me, from a playing or a loyalty/respect perspective.

Better way to handle it would have been to keep it in-house, and position themselves like "if you'd like to chase some success elsewhere, we won't get in your way", giving him the choice, rather than just pushing him out of the first grade side.
The Tigers certainly could've handled this better no doubt about that. They really shouldn't have been in this situation in the first place, giving a thirty year old a 4 year deal in which his last two years is 900K a season is madness. I really don't get why they've backloaded contracts like this - yes it can be extremely effective however they were at the wrong end of the cycle in terms of competing. If anything they should've been front loading contracts for senior players - getting games into kids, build that solid platform, as the senior guys salaries start to come down use that extra cash to retain the kids and add a big signing or two once you become a premiership threat. Truly shocking mismanagement.

I hope this works out for them, its a brave call. However I am skeptical of Taylor's coaching for this to be effective.

Loyalty/respect is a funny thing, from what he's done on the park he's certainly entitled to it particularly as he is still playing reasonable football. However seeing as he led the mutiny of the past two coaches and doesn't get along with a number of the players, you can see why they'd want him gone.

Going to my first game this year on Sunday.

At full time I'll take of my jersey, set fire to it, and walk out of the ground - never to watch another game of Rugby League, ever again.

This club is a joke.

He hasn't played anywhere near quality for the Tigers for months if at all this season. I was reading through a Tigers forum after the news broke and a lot of fans on there were happy with the decision and had been calling for it for a couple of months. The way it was handled could have been much better though.

However seeing as he led the mutiny of the past two coaches and doesn't get along with a number of the players, you can see why they'd want him gone.

I'm not sure how true that is. Word is that he was the one who held the players together after Sheens was sacked and Benji left. It'll be interesting to see what our roster looks like next season as word is that Taupau wants out.

Going to my first game this year on Sunday.

At full time I'll take of my jersey, set fire to it, and walk out of the ground - never to watch another game of Rugby League, ever again.

This club is a joke.

That's a bit of an overreaction.

I'm interested to see what happens now;

You'd hope if Farah does move on - you'll get at least 400 to 500K freed hopefully more, add that to Richards moving on (and potentially Lawrence).

Should be enough cash to bring in at least one quality player.

Disgraceful! Clubs in sport wonder why they are bottom of the ladder and make decisions like this. How the * are the Tigers better off if no one wants to pay any of his contract and he plays reserve grade? I'm sure someone will pick him up but, if a club doesn't, then the decision is diabolical. Farah has handled himself with all class though this cringeworthy ordeal.

Clubs have to make tough decisions but this is ridiculous to say the least. Moses nor Brooks are ready to direct this rabble around the park yet! Maybe if Tigers were a reasonably strong outfit the transition would be easier for them. But they are not, they are bottom and rudderless. Some may suggest it 'might make Moses or Brooks but, it could also bury their confidence if they don't adapt quickly.

Souths would have to be keen on him with Issac Luke leaving and surely Titans could use him. Farah's body is sound and only missed the final Origin with a broken hand, not old man's syndrome. This entire decision is like an episode of Seinfeld, I'm in bizarro world, Kramer will now be the Tigers hooker with Newman playing front row and George at fullback.

Tigers, good luck with that master stroke of genius........giddy up.

You'd hope if Farah does move on - you'll get at least 400 to 500K freed hopefully more, add that to Richards moving on (and potentially Lawrence).

That makes sense. Move all the chairs around, get rid of the Origin hooker for 'hopefully a quality player. Quality player out fingers crossed on a quality player in.

Nice one Tigers:thumbsu::rolleyes:

If he can't find another club there is no way Taylor will let him rot in reserve grade. If he stays in the NRL he'll probably end up at Souths since his brother is on the staff there. Cherrington will probably get first crack at the position but I think we need to pick up a veteran hooker as a stop gap to help him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

September is a pretty silly time to be going looking for quality players for next year.
If a quality player hasn't been signed for next year by now, he's either:

1) Not a quality player
or
2) On the outer as Farah appears to be.

Any club interested in signing Farah will know that the Tigers need money.Given that Farah is on $950k, they only have to offer $300k - $400k and let the Tigers pick up the tab for the rest.If the Tigers knock that back, then they won't be fair dinkum.

Bar the Roosters, where he was only an assistant coach anyway, Jason Taylor has been nothing but drama at every club he's been associated with.Even going back to his playing days at Wests.
Some people's reputations precede them through rumours and innuendo.
His reputation precedes him like those LED bars that you see on the front of 4WD's nowadays.

My 1st Tigers game live in 4 years. Getting a reception from the old crew similar to that of "The Major" returning to The Abbey in Green Street Hooligans.

I see Farah has decided to turn up today, perhaps Taylor should've given him a rocket much earlier in the season.

That's just a small taste of the egg Taylor will have on his face. By rd 3-4 next year Taylor will have an omelette on his face.
Only if he continues to play like that and not serve up the s**t he did for the first 24 rounds of the season.

That's just a small taste of the egg Taylor will have on his face. By rd 3-4 next year Taylor will have an omelette on his face.

Depends on the off season and player movement. The way that it's looking though, I'd be surprised if Taylor is still there at the end of next season.

He is still the Tigers most influential player right this second. Tigers have no one to step into the breach when he leaves, no one.
No the Tigers most influential player at the moment is Tedesco anyone who thinks otherwise is on another planet.

No the Tigers most influential player at the moment is Tedesco anyone who thinks otherwise is on another planet.

Throw him into the 9 guernsey and see how he goes. Tedesco might be the the best player at Tigers, but not the most influential. Fullbacks play well off the back of a good 6-7 or 9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back