What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Les Revenants season 2 is out. Yay!

flight23
Started watching season 1 but just worked out i was watching the american version i think. Assume u guys watched the french one? French one not avail on netflix- where is it avail?

Started watching season 1 but just worked out i was watching the american version i think. Assume u guys watched the french one? French one not avail on netflix- where is it avail?
Depends which Netflix region you are watching from? I use getflix.com.au for a small monthly fee to access other Netflix regions for a different catalogue/library (all you do is change your DNS settings, very simple) and quite a few of them have the French version. I think they have a free trial if you want to try it out.

What was the ufo appearance about? Was a bit unexpected...
Links back to episode 2... standing in the middle of the road looking at the lights in the sky.

Links back to episode 2... standing in the middle of the road looking at the lights in the sky.
Memory not sharp enuff to make that connection!! Thanks will go back and reconnect. What a brilliant experience those 10 episodes were.

Memory not sharp enuff to make that connection!! Thanks will go back and reconnect. What a brilliant experience those 10 episodes were.
Mine ain't that sharp either. Had to have a little bit of a read to work it out. Some interesting themes throughout link back to other Cohen Brothers work.
It was a brilliant season. I loved it all, but particularly loved the style and the way they switched the narrative.

I've also been watching The Leftovers. There was a great moment at the end of the last season when they linked a whole lot of detail throughout both seasons back to the lyrics of a song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making a murderer on Netflix. ******* hell, it's hard not to get wound up by it. Brilliant show.
and what did you make of it in the end? although it didn't surprise me, i was still astonished at how stupid the community was in general (the avery family, police, lawyers, just about everyone was below average intelligence). is avery a murderer? i'm not sure, but much like the title i do believe the initial wrongful conviction was the making of a murderer.

and what did you make of it in the end? although it didn't surprise me, i was still astonished at how stupid the community was in general (the avery family, police, lawyers, just about everyone was below average intelligence). is avery a murderer? i'm not sure, but much like the title i do believe the initial wrongful conviction was the making of a murderer.
Without going into too much detail, as others will be yet to see it, I found numerous parts of it really frustrating to watch, as the recklessness of the court and the sherriffs dept infuriated me.

The entire thing was a complete and utter farce, how anyone could have convincted him is beyond me and how anyone can now be 100% either way is also a little confusing.

If he did do it I'm 100% that it did not happen as the prosecution suggests.

I personally have a slight lean to innocence, it made no sense for him to do it, the case was far to convenient for the Manitowoc Police, all evidence was more or less tainted, the fact that at Stevens case they said it happened in the Garage but then at Brendans they said it happened in the bedroom makes me think they had no idea what actually happened and they made it up to suit themselves, they were just hell bent on convictions.

Steven was somehow a criminal mastermind who cleaned up every drop of blood in the bedroom and garage but next minute a brain dead idiot leaving the car in plain site with his blood in it? Wouldn't he have cleaned and crushed that if he is trying to get rid of any evidence?

Having said that she was on his property that day and he did have somewhat of a dubious past so he has to be a prime suspect.

The fact that they did not investigate anyone else is laughable, what about the ex who hacked into her voicemails and is said to have deleted some, why was he never investigated? Scott and Bobby were suspicious, they were each others alibis and that was pulled apart on the stand, Scott had a long history of violence.

I wouldn't even rule out the cops themselves, the sheriff himself said it would be easier just to kill Avery than frame him, wtf?

If the police had done their job correctly in the first place instead of pin pointing Avery maybe we would have more definitive answers, as it stands know we literally have no idea as to what went on.

For those into SciFi, The Shannara Chronicles is on the way. Watched the first episode and seems pretty well done. Great series of books so looking forward to it. For those who don't know, think 'Lord of the Rings comes to TV'.

Thought Creed was OK and Star Wars watchable without being inspiring.

Hateful Eight is long and slow and rivetting.

And does anyone else think George Martin will kick it before he finishes writing GOT? He has already missed the deadline for finishing the next book, so the next season will be delayed (apparently).

Really enjoying River on Netflix. 6 part BBC/Netflix co-production.

Witnesses is also good.

And last but not least, season three of The Bridge is a great Sarga fest. Loved it.

Really, really good.

Paints a really dark picture of London that I loved.

Nice length, good acting by all. You will like.

Will check it out. I got a heap to get through right now. But I like that.

Did you survive your day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back