Votes: 88 21.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BusinessMan

Senior List
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is my drunken conclusion that the supporters of every club in the competition feel as though their club cops an unfair amount of flak or mistreatment from everyone else in some way or another. From a Fremantle perspective it seems we always cop bias commentary and umpiring for away games being a pretty small club outside of Western Australia. But I can empathise with most clubs in one way or another, for example Collingwood cop a lot of flak for having a campaigner of a president and having whats perceived to be an uneducated supporter base.

But I wonder. Whilst everyone likes to be sympathised with, what club unfairly cops the most undeserved attention and/or mistreatment from the AFL and supporters?

Honestly think Melbourne gets the rough end with much of the fixturing, especially who they play on home games.

Other than that:
- Freo get stuck with a lot of s**t fixtures
- Dogs and Adelaide with the GWS/GC startup

Honestly think Melbourne gets the rough end with much of the fixturing, especially who they play on home games.

Other than that:
- Freo get stuck with a lot of s**t fixtures
- Dogs and Adelaide with the GWS/GC startup
As soon as your results improve that will change though. Back in the mid 2000's Hawthorn had the worst timeslots and were never free to air. I had to sign up to Foxtel just to see them play.

The lack of Friday night games for the Bulldogs is ******* disgraceful.

And to a lesser extent that can be said of several of the smaller teams.
But but what about Carlton? :$

COLA aside the trade restrictions being imposed on the Swans are draconian, arbitrary and absolutely restricting our ability to compete on an even playing field.

I'll probably get laughed out of the building but please try to be objective. We're literally being punished by the league for playing within the rules. You can argue that those rules were bullshit but we never did anything wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLA aside the trade restrictions being imposed on the Swans are draconian, arbitrary and absolutely restricting our ability to compete on an even playing field.

I'll probably get laughed out of the building but please try to be objective. We're literally being punished by the league for playing within the rules. You can argue that those rules were bullshit but we never did anything wrong.
Forgot that the same rules aren't being applied to the Giants even though they have to get down below COLA levels in the same time frame

Wow another brisbane troll thread in disguise.
(And no i dont think my club is hard done by).

As soon as your results improve that will change though. Back in the mid 2000's Hawthorn had the worst timeslots and were never free to air. I had to sign up to Foxtel just to see them play.
Fair point. After last year's prelim that explains North's regular Friday night games this year.

:drunk:

Forgot that the same rules aren't being applied to the Giants even though they have to get down below COLA levels in the same time frame

Funny that.

And you could make a case for any of the smaller Melbourne clubs "being hard done by" based on poorer fixturing\lack of prime time exposure affecting gate receipt and sponsorship income potential.

Not about timeslots, about who we play home and away. I don't have the post on hand, but I looked into it. Melbourne have had one home game against Essendon in like 11 years and their last home game against Carlton was 2009.
Meanwhile we get Port, Brisbane, GWS and GC at home every year.

Western Bulldogs. Though you wouldn't guess it based on how little they complain.

Often suffer from much of what interstate sides in tough AFL markets do (membership, attracting talent and finances) just in a different way. Yet they don't get the same level of concessions.

Forgotten Vic side at times.

Massive respect for their recent turn around on and off the field.

Back