Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

The above just shows how ridiculous the 2015 BLK Gold Coast home jumper really is. The 2XU side panels were curved because that was the way their jumpers were manufactured. The idiots at BLK just saw how it looked from a distance and copied it on, not realising that the only reason the side panels were curved were because of printing constraints last time. As seen in the original 2011 Reebok guernseys, the side panels are meant to be straight.

It makes me so ******* angry to see the halfwits at BLK churn out designs like that and the Adelaide chopped hoops when a large number of us here could do an infinitely better job.

The above just shows how ridiculous the 2015 BLK Gold Coast home jumper really is. The 2XU side panels were curved because that was the way their jumpers were manufactured. The idiots at BLK just saw how it looked from a distance and copied it on, not realising that the only reason the side panels were curved were because of printing constraints last time. As seen in the original 2011 Reebok guernseys, the side panels are meant to be straight.

It makes me so ******* angry to see the halfwits at BLK churn out designs like that and the Adelaide chopped hoops when a large number of us here could do an infinitely better job.
They didn't even curve it, they just went "oh s**t" and tapered it in at the top.

Having now owned reebok, 2xu and blk gc player issues I can say the 2xu jumpers are clearly the best! Blk are just too plain and simple and really offer no differences from the retail jumpers

That was because some teams thought there would be names this year so they lowered their numbers but th names never eventuates (North, GC, Bris)
That's interesting to know, wasn't the decision not to do it permanently known pretty much straight after they did it last year? Seems very lazy manufacturing

image.jpeg image.jpeg Would love either of these if anyone finds one The 20th anniversary jumper I would be happy with any player as my name is on it ⚓

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All,

It's about time I signed up to BigFooty as I've been a long time lurker of this thread. I love seeing everyone's jumper collections and it's inspired me to keep on acquiring new jumpers. I've got just over 70 in my collection, I started collecting retail and now I mostly buy player issues when I find them for sale. I'm a Freo supporter (and it's good to see a number of Freo supports pop up of late, even if it means competition in the official auctions!), but I also collect Western Warriors, GWS Giants and Western Bulldogs jumpers.

I've got to start photographing all the jumpers I have so I'll post some photos shortly.

Unfortunately not no Would have been the ultimate! Haha

I got my photo on the Pav jumper when it was offered to members. It was pretty expensive, I think it was $275, however it's the only Freo jumper I've bought from the club that came boxed. I managed to find PIs of Craig Moller (#40) and Zac Dawson (#3) pretty cheap on eBay, though I don't think they were worth much more than I paid!

Really?!? That's insanely lucky mate! The one gripe I have is they wash their jumpers before auctioning them off, I got Mundys round 10 jumper direct from the aflpa this year and it was filthy! Freo should box some of the more special jumpers, especially some of the prices we pay! You'll have to send me pics of all your jumpers mate

Really?!? That's insanely lucky mate! The one gripe I have is they wash their jumpers before auctioning them off, I got Mundys round 10 jumper direct from the aflpa this year and it was filthy! Freo should box some of the more special jumpers, especially some of the prices we pay! You'll have to send me pics of all your jumpers mate

Here's my 2014 Freo collection:

Garrick Ibbotson Startlight Game PI
Lee Spur Home PI (Long Sleeved)
Matt de Boer Away PI (Signed)
Michael Walters Round 5 Name On Back PI
Indigenous Round Retail
Members Appreciation Round Retail (my name is on the back somewhere)

I keep thinking I should buy the Ballantyne PI of the Ingenious Round jumper from eBay and try and sell my retail one.

btw, we've chatted on eBay before Erin, I bought the Will Hoskin-Elliot off you a couple of months ago :)

IMG_20141221_110037.jpg

IMG_20141221_110545.jpg

I'd really like to expand my Western Warriors collection, but I don't often see that many for sale sadly.

(L) 2011 Marcus Harris Ryobi Cup PI
(R) 2013 Shaun Marsh Ryobi Cup PI

IMG_20141020_224744.jpg
IMG_20141020_224903.jpg

I'm assuming these are PI's, since I've also seen them for sale without a name and number on the back, though I've seen a couple of the Marsh ones for sale and that makes me wonder. I know they're definitely not made for retail any more as I asked BLK via their Facebook page last season.

Here's my 2014 Freo collection:

Garrick Ibbotson Startlight Game PI
Lee Spur Home PI (Long Sleeved)
Matt de Boer Away PI (Signed)
Michael Walters Round 5 Name On Back PI
Indigenous Round Retail
Members Appreciation Round Retail (my name is on the back somewhere)

I keep thinking I should buy the Ballantyne PI of the Ingenious Round jumper from eBay and try and sell my retail one.

btw, we've chatted on eBay before Erin, I bought the Will Hoskin-Elliot off you a couple of months ago :)

View attachment 183875

View attachment 183880
Nice mate love all your pi's especially the Walters one! I have D.Pearce's one but would love some more...

I'm afraid I beat you to the ballas indigenous jumper, I bought it this morning haha sorry!

Oh right I thought your name looked very familiar! Hope your enjoying it! I have a few GWS player issues myself

I think they're doing retails again this season (bushies FB hinted to it earlier, but it'll be after the Matador cup)
hopefully I can get my hands on a shield top.

I was lucky enough to pick up a shield top off eBay recently :) It's a 2011 Marcus North one (back when the Warriors were called the Retravision Warriors), so very similar to the Harris Ryobi Cup top, just white.

I'm going to contact the WACA via social media this year to see what they do with the Matador Cup jumpers. The WA boys aren't going to go back to back sadly so I wonder what they do with them. Do the players keep them (it's not much of a keepsake), or do they reuse them next year?

Nice mate love all your pi's especially the Walters one! I have D.Pearce's one but would love some more...

I'm afraid I beat you to the ballas indigenous jumper, I bought it this morning haha sorry!

Oh right I thought your name looked very familiar! Hope your enjoying it! I have a few GWS player issues myself

Dammit! That serves me right for watching it for way too long. The seller did drop it from $200 to $160 so it was worth snapping up.

I've got 14 GWS jumpers now, the Will Hoskin-Elliot one I got off you made it 3 PIs of his. I've also got a Canberra one with the gold Canberra cross, both with #2 (Curtley Hampton, who will likely be a Crow after this week). IMG_20140806_192024.jpg

The one I do love the most is my Tom Scully ANZAC round jumper. It's clearly unwashed as it smells a bit. Unlike the IMG actions (the company the Freo uses), the GWS auctions don't have "overtime bidding" (extending the auction if bids are made in the last 5 minutes), so I won it with a second to go (after being outbid on everything else)!

Dammit! That serves me right for watching it for way too long. The seller did drop it from $200 to $160 so it was worth snapping up.

I've got 14 GWS jumpers now, the Will Hoskin-Elliot one I got off you made it 3 PIs of his. I've also got a Canberra one with the gold Canberra cross, both with #2 (Curtley Hampton, who will likely be a Crow after this week).View attachment 183887

The one I do love the most is my Tom Scully ANZAC round jumper. It's clearly unwashed as it smells a bit. Unlike the IMG actions (the company the Freo uses), the GWS auctions don't have "overtime bidding" (extending the auction if bids are made in the last 5 minutes), so I won it with a second to go (after being outbid on everything else)!
Haha yeah I was happy when she dropped it to $160 but still asked if she would sell it for $130, she said yes if the other interested party didn't buy it, I was like nah it's all good I'll take it at that price cause I didn't want to miss out! Haha

14?? Nice! I had 26 or so but sold all but 4 (still looking to sell one). I'm a huge can of the Canberra + jumpers, I have cam McCarthys from last season but would love one from this year or a gold one!

I loved the GWS Anzac jumper! I really wanted to get one at auction but couldn't afford it as I bought two freo ones for $800 odd. Tom Scully's is the one i was looking at too haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back