Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked
  • Carlton getting smashed. They are now confirmed as long term cellar dwellers. The day is moving closer to the Carlton/Melbourne merger.
  • Daniel Menzel. Amazing courage to go for marks, take on the defence and kick a few goals.
  • Congratulations to Freo on their first minor premiership. Fantastic effort given they play 10 games outside WA and don't have 16 'home' games. As well they played West Coast (top 4), Richmond & North Melbourne (top 8) and Port Adelaide (9th) twice this season. Definitely the most difficult draw.
  • Adelaide's form yesterday. I didn't see the game as I was golfing but the Ferrari start won the game. Tired of praising this lot. ;) A win at the 'Swamp' and a North victory and it's a Saturday night blockbuster in Adelaide against the Tigers in the first week of finals.
Hated
  • Courtney Dempsey's backslam on Delidio. There has to be a better way of tackling without endangering a player's head.
  • Complaints the season is too long. Is the issue too many games (198) during the H&A season or the number of games each club plays? I'm sure all the television money eases any problems.
  • No Port Adelaide in the finals.
Learnt
  • Geelong are now paying for not turning over it's list after 2014. The straight sets exit should have been a sign. Johnson, Stokes & Kelly should have been turfed last year when they had some currency.
  • There is now a real gap between the top 12 clubs & the bottom 6. For all of praise given to the Saints this year, they were flogged yesterday at home by 97 points. Maybe the 17-5 plan is worth a go.
  • Getting a home final will be important in 2015. West Coast are a different team away from Perth. North are lucky as they will play their first final in Melbourne.

Liked: The Crows playing the most perfect footy I've seen them ever play in that first quarter and to go on with it to thrash a contender. unreal game/win
Hated: The two boring games on Saturday arvo on TV

*HATED (WILL HATE)- If Tex gets a game for that clash with McGovern.. that would realy $hit me off. nothing in it!!! hit his shoulder!

Hated: Higgins getting his cheapies against us.

Liked: Other teams supporters are starting to hate us, which feels so good.

Learned: When top teams lose so close to finals it's hard to judge their form.

Hated: Higgins getting his cheapies against us.

Liked: Other teams supporters are starting to hate us, which feels so good.

Learned: When top teams lose so close to finals it's hard to judge their form.
I only hate you guys cos I work with a doggies fan over here in SA and he hates the Crows so I get enjoyment seeing the dogs lose and visa versa ;)

Liked: return of Menzel

Learnt: or relearnt, every year a team from the bottom half of the eight wins a few and is 'a genuine premiership threat'. This year it's Adelaide, year before Richmond, year before...

Hated: poor round of footy. Every game was done by half time, if not quarter. Either season is too long or too many teams. 10 goal thrashings are becoming the norm.

Guess you didn't pay attention to the Saturday afternoon match between Dogs and Roos.
one of the only goes I didn't see. By all reports it wasn't a great game even though the scores were close. Either way, 1 game in 9 worth watching is pretty bad.

Liked

• Like most others here it was great to see Daniel Menzel make a successful return to AFL on Friday night, he is an exciting player to watch so hopefully he can stay injury free from now on.
  • Not much else to like, a pretty s**t round of footy with a lot of one sided games.

Hated

• Our uncompetitive effort against Sydney, I wasn't expecting us to win but we should have been more competitive than that.
  • Not being able to find radio coverage online of our game until the second quarter due to the AFL website being down with that annoying "Out Of Bounds" message. It is still one of the worst websites on the internet, you'd think the AFL could fix it with the billions of dollars they are raking in.
  • Geelong's pathetic effort on Friday night when their season was on the line which now means their match against Adelaide is meaningless, it was an indictment on the rest of their players when a guy coming back from 4 knee recos was their best player.

Learnt

• Geelong need to get rid of some of their older players and start rebuilding properly with youth, they are just a middle of the road team at best now.
  • Richmond finally look like the real deal this year but need to at least win a final this year, just making finals isn't good enough for them anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked

Menzal

Crows first quarter (had to turn over for the swannies)

Tippett and pyke

Sydney kicking over 100 again

Collingwood bouncing back

Dogs win

Hated

Dull games - fair few

Learnt

Richmond wont win a final
Interesting that you think we won't win a final. I am not saying you are wrong, but I'd like to know from your point of view as an opposition supporter why you think Richmond won't win a final.

I personally thought we were in a good position to win at least a final this year

Liked: return of Menzel

Learnt: or relearnt, every year a team from the bottom half of the eight wins a few and is 'a genuine premiership threat'. This year it's Adelaide, year before Richmond, year before...

Hated: poor round of footy. Every game was done by half time, if not quarter. Either season is too long or too many teams. 10 goal thrashings are becoming the norm.
Wouldn't pay attention to all that. They're trying to sell hope to the masses that this won't be yet another finals series where only the winners of qualifying finals matter.

No one would rightly believe we're a premiership threat... A threat to win a final? Sure.

Interesting that you think we won't win a final. I am not saying you are wrong, but I'd like to know from your point of view as an opposition supporter why you think Richmond won't win a final.

I personally thought we were in a good position to win at least a final this year

Lose to North and can't see Tigers getting close to the Crows away. Even if you win this weekend North at the G would be a 50/50 game. Having said that would love to see Tigers get a crack at Freo or Hawks as you play well against them and might be a real chance of an upset

Just fishing

Id like you to win if we can't

Lose to North and can't see Tigers getting close to the Crows away. Even if you win this weekend North at the G would be a 50/50 game. Having said that would love to see Tigers get a crack at Freo or Hawks as you play well against them and might be a real chance of an upset
Curtains if Richmond have to go to Adelaide to play Adelaide. We already got done there this year by what felt like a 100+ loss. I think we can beat North, but it is a 50/50 game.
Just fishing

Id like you to win if we can't
If you guys don't make it, I don't think we will either. We'd have to beat West Coast in Perth or Hawthorn at the MCG, and I am not sure if we can do that in a finals setting. One can hope though

Curtains if Richmond have to go to Adelaide to play Adelaide. We already got done there this year by what felt like a 100+ loss. I think we can beat North, but it is a 50/50 game.

If you guys don't make it, I don't think we will either. We'd have to beat West Coast in Perth or Hawthorn at the MCG, and I am not sure if we can do that in a finals setting. One can hope though

Finals are a different kettle of fish and all, but Richmond can win anywhere

Loved:
- Menzel mania. The first couple of goals were enough to get geelong fan's willies wiggling, but the mark and 4th goal just outstanding.
Cant wait to see him next year
- Crows start. Oh boy wowee what a crowd too. Highest non-showdown crowd at the venue for a game that didnt have any bearing.
- Daniel Talia - continues to spank the best tall forwards in the game.

Liked:
- Collingwood winning friday night and the bulldogs winning saturday, moving me into equal first in footy tips.
- Watching Chris Scott's implosion
- Watching Brad Scott's implosion

Hated:
Possibly seeing the end of Stevie J.

Learned:
Every team in the top 4 has issues, whether with form or injuries. Could it be the year that the winner comes from 5-8?
I've wondered about 5 to 8 myself, maybe the Hawks should play for 5th spot.

Liked: Hawthorn kids like Hartung, Howe and Sicily all showing a bit; Goodes still getting booed; Menzel's return

Hated: Hawks not making top 2

Learnt: The next bunch of young midfield stars could be the best and biggest crop ever - Fyfe, Bont, Wines, O'Meara, Libba, Shiel, Crouch, Heeney, Cripps....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back