Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 5?

Remove this Banner Ad

Learned that Fremantle have the team to go to the G/F but will be Hawks again for the premiership imo
Liked My dogs showing they have ticker as well as flair.
Hated seeing the Lions go from bad to worst

Lions are a very real chance are going winless this season

Nah. Looked like it last year and ended up winning a few in the middle of the year.

I loved the dogs, naturally.

Hated a champion team thinking they needed to be nasty rather than genuinely hard and tough. Hope Hodge gets a long holiday.

Learnt that Richmond must have the longest suffering supporters for false dawns - they are properly sh*thouse given some of the talent on the list. Oh, and no matter what anyone says Jack watts will never be a good footballer.

I learnt that Clarkson is the ring master of a circus, and that he leads by example. And that Hodge and Lewis are the two main clown acts in that circus who are more than willing to follow the ring masters example!

I learnt that richo & BT like the replay button
I learnt that North have forgotten that Ziebel and harvey play for them
I learnt that the Hawks will be without two of their most important players for a couple of weeks
I learnt that the doggies are streets ahead of carlton and Richmond in rebuilding and are exciting to watch
I learnt that MM is full of excuses for the poor performance of carlton Friday night - none of which excuses it

Lol we're not the ones with a thread of 321 pages on our board dedicated to Hawthorn.

Essendon fans aren't the only one to criticise Hodge and Lewis for their actions.
321 pages is pretty piss weak effort over 3 years, to be fair. The North board has excelled with their thread in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: The Dogs aren't just flashy, there is a steel to them. Saints also very unlucky today (Dunstan, Billings and Bruce look great)
Disliked: Melbournes disposal, Norths awful defending
Learned: Fyfe stands alone as the best player in the league

Liked

Malthouses family coming out with him
Dogs cool heads and murphy leadership
Hawks leadership aggression

Learnt

Tom Mitchell should play seniors every week
Hit outs mean squat
You can dominate a game but if your kicking is pathetic good sides make you pay

Hated

Swans pathetic disposal
Another dull friday game

Liked: Hard to go past the doggies but St Kilda's spirited effort today was impressive.

Disliked: Quality of the Q-Clash = yuck yuck yuck

Learnt: GWS need to make sure they don't get ahead of themselves, West Coast are not a quality enough side to be dishing out thosw beltings

Liked

Malthouses family coming out with him
Dogs cool heads and murphy leadership
Hawks leadership aggression

Learnt

Tom Mitchell should play seniors every week
Hit outs mean squat
You can dominate a game but if your kicking is pathetic good sides make you pay

Hated

Swans pathetic disposal
Another dull friday game

Didn't you all alread yknow that?

Liked - Jack Lonie. Could be a draft steal and looks super slick. Just needs to calm down half a second when he has the pill but that will come with time.

Learned - Coach and player synergy has never been more important in this comp. The Dogs lost Griffen, Cooney, Higgins, Giansiracusa and Libba before round 1 and their best tap ruckman is in the ressies. Some how they are owning the corridor and it is amazing to watch.

On the flip side Carlton and Mick... ugh...

Hated - Brisbane getting crushed. They lose the "Go home 5" and look great last year. They bring in Beams, Christensen and Robinson and go backwards at a rate of knots. Huh?

They paid a fortune for Beams, hopefully they can play off a few clubs for Aish at the end of the year.

Didn't you all alread yknow that?

Well yeah i did but just hoping if i post it in enough players the coaching staff will realise he has no place ahead of people like Bird

Agreed compared to the Anzac clash that is A.F.L wide and is a tribute to the day

Put the Anzac Day clash on twilight Sunday with 2 other games starting just before it and see how big it would be.

The AFL giving stand alone midday status inflates interest. Most of non-Victoria wouldn't give a toss if their own side was playing that day.

• North Melbourne are pretenders. I rated them on last year's good showing. I thought they were in the mix for this year's Top 4, but I was wrong.
  • I hated the undisciplined biffo from the Hawthorn firebrands, but I had a giggle at people's reaction on here. Get a grip, you bunch of cream puffs. God almighty.. :rolleyes:
  • Loved Sam Mitchell's return to form. What a champion he is!
  • Fremantle should be the premiership favourites. They're the team to beat. I knew it anyway, but further compelling evidence at the MCG today. I reckon they're a chance to win 20+ games, finish on top and win 2 finals at home for another shot at the Grand Final.
  • St Kilda are headed in the right direction. I'd ignored their competitive form in the first 4 rounds, but that was a good showing today from the kids. They just needed a bit more composure going inside fifty in the last quarter and they would've won by 3-4 goals.
  • Something is wrong in Sydney. The Swans were my pre-season pick for the premiership. I thought they'd dominate this year and atone for last year, but I was stunned at the way the Western Bulldogs won the arm wrestle over the final 15 minutes at the SCG. I never would've picked that to happen in a million years. Maybe it was just a one-off...

I LOVED the look of the doggies. Sorry for being bias but if neutral supporters think we're exciting you can't imagine how excited I am to support them.

I really dislike football commentary in general, but BT, Lingy and Richo just make me want to headbutt a unicorn. What really pissed me off was when they were saying Hodge was such a hero and gentlemen for going to shake Andrew Swallow's hand after the game like it's never been done before. I could of shown them another 560 handshakes over the weekend but because Hodge nearly king hit Swallow he's a hero for shaking his hand after the game. Disgrace.

I learnt that Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs could be a 1v2 blockbuster in round 7. Who would of thought that going into the season!

Liked: the Dogs win. Frickin fantastic!
Hated: Insipid Friday night games.
Learned: Screw not getting picked, Hardwick should be splitting his player's testicles this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back