Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 5?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've learnt that Hodge and Lewis are filthy pricks.
Yeah nah.
If somebody yelled "Go the shinboners!!!" to your face what would you do?

Learnt: Saints might be a bit inconsistent, but they have drafted well and are backing that with good development of their kids. On a sharp upward curve.

Loved: Dogs - who gives a rats about bias, loved the start of this year from our guys and long may it continue.

Hated: The continual ruination of my fantasy sides from injury, suspension, the substitutes vest and all of the above. My stupidity in selecting my starting side has played no part :rolleyes: in my poor performances to date... :p

Mark this down, i think the Dee's are a great show today.
Consider it marked! Sorry couldn't resist ;)

Dogs were epic. Bob Murphy hands down my favourite player outside Freo. Great there is room for an intelligent, creative guy in the macho world of AFL. Loved the motion he showed after the win.

Brayshaw is special. Newton(is it? the one that took some great grabs) can play too.
Good to see Grimes back, always rated him and it was a shame to see him lose confidence after the captaincy debacle.

No your not, but it seems to be your mob appear to be the most offended by Hodge and Lewis's acts, more so than say North fans? The fact that you are even looking at hawks fans threads speaks for itself :D
You have really not been keeping track of the North board then.

Loved the dogs holding on
Hated that the saints couldn't
Learnt that this season is very even for the bottom half of the 8

Also I HATED BT's commentary of the Roos/Hawks game.

Don't know why - it was totally pro North - richo didn't even attempt to hide his disappointment whenever a goal was kicked
Then again, maybe it was the number of times they replayed those two hits that pissed you off

Don't know why - it was totally pro North - richo didn't even attempt to hide his disappointment whenever a goal was kicked
Then again, maybe it was the number of times they replayed those two hits that pissed you off

It's more his voice and his whole ''Boy oh Boy Wowee'' thing & when he says stuff about ''Big Boy'' lol
Didn't watch the last qtr, I recorded the game to watch after work without knowing the result.
Fast forwarded saw we got flogged then deleted it.

Commentators want a close game, to be honest it was abit of a fizzer.
Hawks flogging teams isn't exciting anymore :drunk::cry:

Liked: 1) Still the Bulldogs 2) Geelong showing some balls...literally
Learnt: 1) Carlton are completely rooted 2) Football in QLD is in real trouble
Hated: 1) Edelston in the box (super bad look Blues)...2) I just spotted this for the first time, WTF were GWS doing wearing all WHITE socks? No Aussie Rules football team should wear all WHITE socks, they are not a Soccer team...hate it, hate it, hate it. Memo GWS "NO WHITE SOCKS" no wonder they got flogged! What the hell is going on? Re- brand GWS NOW!!!

Last edited:
Liked: 1) Still the Bulldogs 2) Geelong showing some balls...literally
Learnt: 1) Carlton are completely rooted 2) Football in QLD is in real trouble
Hated: 1) Edelston in the box (super bad look Blues)

I was confused by this - wasn't he a swans man

Carlton are in serious trouble - how do you get your team performing when the clubs said most of the players are not going to be there for a premiership tilt? I feel sorry for them, what the hell do you play for if not for that? Brisbane are a rabble but still have potential if they can figure it out.
Collingwood have serious young talent and aren't far off returning to the 8. Bulldogs even more so. I'm hopeful for our future but Bulldogs are probably going to be up with us at the same time and i'm scared of them. It's going to be fun comparing over the coming years. I still can't shake my fears of GWS either even though they got belted this week. Gold Coast still have first class young talent on their list but they need to start making moves soon.
Freo this is your year. No excuses. You can win it and should win it. Can't see them not finishing top 2. Melbourne keep your head up you're one of many teams who will fall to the purple sword - im not looking forward to our reality check. Hawks Swans and Power all poised for top 4. I still think Port might just take one more year but your team will reach a GF soon imo. By all means still in contention this year and if things go your way - you never know.
Saints - that's what effort looks like. Schneider should have won you that game but he sucked hard in those last two minutes. But if you bring that each week your fortunes will start to turn and I enjoyed watching you play today for the first time in a while. Bombers you played like sh*t but you won and that's all that matters. Take it an move on.
Where's Norths premiership going to come from. I can't see it. Don't have the players. Same for Richmond. Not going to make it to the top with their list. Richmond need to find some awesome young players who can sure up the list while your top 5 are still there and try again in 2-3 years. Dimma's not the right person for the job. I have no idea how to tip Adelaide going forward from rd 5. I can't figure out what's missing but I feel like they're close to being a consistent team again. Sure Adelaide supporters will fill me in.

my two cents from round 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: Bulldogs; exciting style of play and some great young players giving it to the Colas! Freo putting a rubbish side away for once

Learned: Footscray are the real deal for finals, North are nothing special

Hated: Carlton and Collingwood on Friday nights

Liked: Dogs passion and heart to get the win away against Sydney. Magnificent effort.

Hated: commentators openly supporting against Port two weeks in a row.

Lewis and Hodge's Derm Brereton impression.

Learnt: Friday night games aren't worth watching.

Liked: The Dogs toppling the Swans.
Learnt: Eddie Betts is the best small forward in the game.
Hated: Watching Joel Selwood receive seven free kicks for ducking.

I really dislike football commentary in general, but BT, Lingy and Richo just make me want to headbutt a unicorn. What really pissed me off was when they were saying Hodge was such a hero and gentlemen for going to shake Andrew Swallow's hand after the game like it's never been done before. I could of shown them another 560 handshakes over the weekend but because Hodge nearly king hit Swallow he's a hero for shaking his hand after the game. Disgrace.
WTF were you smoking? :drunk:

BT, Lingy, Darce and Richo spent the whole game stitching up Hodge and Lewis and sensationalising the 1st quarter biffo. You'd almost be forgiven for thinking that Hawthorn's 60 point win over North was irrelevant. Channel 7 hated the violence so much, they basically ignored the game and spend the whole three hours of the telecast highlighting those two incidents and replaying them over and over in slow-motion. Just in case you missed it. Because it's so bad. Because we all hate violence. :rolleyes::thumbsu:

After the game, Hodge went over to Swallow, apologised, shook hands and the commentators said "Yeah, well done, that's good to see." Which is pretty much what the commentators always say when two players shake hands, put the bad blood behind them and leave it on the field. So you think it's a "disgrace" that somebody regrets their actions and apologises to an opponent? What would you have preferred Hodge to do after the game? Given Swallow another one on the jaw?

Like Freo for the flag this year. Went along yesterday hoping the Dees wouldn't be flogged (ouch) but also was looking forward to seeing Nat Fyfe in the flesh. Not disappointed. He is sensational.

Also liked the bag inspector guy on gate 5 who overlooked the massive metal dog bowl I bought at the demon shop and let me in anyway.

Loved my tips too - but hoped to get one wrong with Saints and Bombers. Great effort by the Saints with 2 key players out (always have a soft spot for underdogs) and thought the Bombers were woeful.

Learned not to enter the G from gate 5 - massive headache from squinting into the sun for 3 hours. Or the many beers possibly. I blame the combination

Liked: Dogs beating Sydney. Port winning the Showdown and being 3 and 2 after a very tough first 5 rounds. Saints being brave.

Hated: Brisbane and Carlton. 2 terrible football sides.

Learnt: People hear what they want to hear from the commentators and depending on your own bias, you hear bias in the commentary, sometimes real, sometimes imagined. It's a lot like perceptions of umpiring.
Port crowds are just so much louder than Crows crowds.

From the last 2 week and not just this one, inside 50s when teams are pressing high has become an overrated stat.
Inside 50s with purpose would be totally different.

LIKED: The Bulldogs win

LEARNT: If Tom Mitchell isn't getting a look in at the Swans he needs to ask for a trade at the end of the season. I agree the conditions really suited his style of play but he was terrific.

HATED: Friday night - not so much the result because that was expected but Carlton rolled over without much of a yelp. Disappointing from them.
Hodge and Lewis incidents

I was confused by this - wasn't he a swans man
He was always a Carlton man, the Swans were his play thing at the time becoming the first private owner of a major Australian football team. It was all done for publicity for his medical practices. Following the establishment of Medicare by the Hawke government in February 1984, Edelsten began to run innovative and multi-disciplinary 24-hour medical centres which were the forerunners of modern corporate medical practices. What better way to get publicity than own a football team that would be broadcast live every 2nd week from the biggest city in OZ! Edelston was born in Carlton and attended Princes Hill public school, a torpedo punt kick from Princes Park!

I've been reminded yesterday that Essendon is the opposite of a flat track bully. Don't remember how it feels like putting away a bottom 4 side after being heavy favourites.

Or the Derby-Darby..lol
Hey, who are you? Phil Walsh? Western Derby just minding its own business over here, getting dragged into the conversation just for a kick in the pants! Not our fault the Eagles are rubbish of late :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back