What is Perth's shittest suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite yet. It's getting there.

It's still full of junkies and white and black trash.

It's mostly white trash these days. It won't change because it's got a fair amount of public housing and shitty duplexes ect... and that's kind of why it's becoming hip. I'd love to see it get built up some more but not if it comes with Subiaco like gentrification.

I'm moving back to the Maylands area in mid February. Bayswater near Grand Prom.

going to rehash a long dead post here and say Gosnells definitely (I work there is dodgy) but im going to throw a curve ball here and say Byford because crime is getting bad and the estates are a nightmare and maybe Maddington but I wont knock Armadale since I am "armadalien" through and through

going to rehash a long dead post here and say Gosnells definitely (I work there is dodgy) but im going to throw a curve ball here and say Byford because crime is getting bad and the estates are a nightmare and maybe Maddington but I wont knock Armadale since I am "armadalien" through and through

As bad as said areas are, they have nothing on some of the Northern suburbs and Midland. Armadale is a ton worse than Maddington and my local area, Kenwick. I can walk through Maddington very late at night and not feel threatened.

Never been there but how safe is Craigie compared to Scarborough, Kelmscott and Mt Nasura?
Craigie was horrific in the 90's but is alright now.
Scarborough > Craigie > daylight >>>>>>>> Kelmscott & Mt. Nasura

Craigie was horrific in the 90's but is alright now.
Scarborough > Craigie > daylight >>>>>>>> Kelmscott & Mt. Nasura

Craigie was horrible in the 90's. Had its fair share of drug dealers/users and other riff-raff in there. Now it's not so bad, the sharp incline in house prices in the northern suburbs has seen most of the rubbish shift east or south of the river.

Those big blocks of flats along Herdsman Parade, oh lord. My sis once had a 6 month rental is one of those places (what was she thinking?) and said she saw the Police hot squad twice. But what was worst was just the daily overriding seediness. Domestic arguements, yelling, druggie/crim elements. Absolute hell.

The litmus test for this thread should be how safe you feel walking through the suburb at night.
Potentially flawed. I lived in Marangaroo for many years and had no problems with walking through Girrawheen and Koondoola late at night, but I can see others having issues with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarborough was a great place to grow up years ago ,but it now has a lot more transiant population ,ive got mates that have married and settled back in there they love it .,like all areas it has its bad sides.
Trouble they have always had with scarbs is the boofheads that jump their car from other areas and hoon on down there,that gives it a bad name.
still plenty of the old locals there,good people.

Locals of said suburbs will disagree. I'm from Armadale...born and raised. I can walk my neighbourhood or through armadale itself at night without feeling scared.

Clearly bkozican is one of the young thugs who walk around at night that make Armadale dangerous.

Hahaha not at all mate. I have lived here my whole life...aint no young punk who wears his pants low and his hat to the side going to stop me from walking around town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back