Toast What is the best 5 minute burst of individual footy brilliance you have seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuey Dew kicked 3 goals all from outside 50 off one step in the space of 45 seconds in the 2001 Ansett Cup GF. Even though the match meant nothing, that was ridiculous.

Shaun Burgoyne in the last quarter, 2013 prelim against the Cats. Thought it was all over when they went just under 4 goals up. Burgoyne moved forward and was involved in every goal that put us in front. Seriously would have to be one of the most underrated players in the history of the game.

Brent Harvey’s 3 goals in a minute will always be a favourite of mine. Had a chance for a 4th in a row too but Tarrant didn’t see him bursting into an open goal.

Then the speckie, he was a magical player.

I have not seen a better "burst" player than Wayne Carey. Would consistently single handedly win games of football for North Melbourne. All while having direct 2-3 opponents. The man is the GOAT.

This will come across as biased but Gawn kicking 4 goals in 5 minutes in a prelim in 2021 was probably one of the greatest ever performances by a demon in the last 50 years.
Agree it was unbelievable. Especially for a ruckman.

The only caveat is that we were already well on top and up by 52 points in the 3rd before he went nuts.

As much as I love it, you have to rate it down slightly compared to genuine match winning efforts such as Dew.

Agree it was unbelievable. Especially for a ruckman.

The only caveat is that we were already well on top and up by 52 points in the 3rd before he went nuts.

As much as I love it, you have to rate it down slightly compared to genuine match winning efforts such as Dew.
I don't really see it that way. Dew kicked 2 goals. 2 big goals but it's not like he kicked 3 or 4. The other 2 he 'set up' is a bit of a stretch. one of them was a standard inside 50m and the other one was borderline holding the ball that he shovelled out somehow.

100% agree. People who say that Jackson won the game for us are showing disrespect to Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Oliver, Fritsch and Salem.
Agreed. Although I take exception to the Brayshaw one. He butchered the ball all day and kicked about 2 or 3 on the full. As good as a goal as it was, he owed us that goal.

Nick Davis is my favourite. Others might be more amazing, but I feel like that Nick Davis quarter is really what every kid imagines when they are kicking by themselves in the backyard... 4 goals down... I'll kick a difficult snap, mark one and kick a set shot, even harder snap, and then bang, freak match winner.

I also love that at the last stoppage he was already so hot.. the Cats must have known he was the go-to, but still couldn't stop him.

Truly on fire.

100% agree. People who say that Jackson won the game for us are showing disrespect to Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Oliver, Fritsch and Salem.
Who’s saying that Jackson won the game for us? He didn’t, it was a team effort, but there’s no way it happens without him in the centre square. You can’t kick four centre square goals in 6 minutes and not look at the ruckman

do the dew GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although I take exception to the Brayshaw one. He butchered the ball all day and kicked about 2 or 3 on the full. As good as a goal as it was, he owed us that goal.
LOL Gus was absolutely massive. Huge goal, huge mark just when we needed. Then he put Josh Schache right on his arse defending. Beautiful stuff, get tears just thinking about it.

Who’s saying that Jackson won the game for us? He didn’t, it was a team effort, but there’s no way it happens without him in the centre square. You can’t kick four centre square goals in 6 minutes and not look at the ruckman
Nah I wasn't referring to you specifically. But some people on this site and on other footy forums have said that Jackson won the game for us.

LOL Gus was absolutely massive. Huge goal, huge mark just when we needed. Then he put Josh Schache right on his arse defending. Beautiful stuff, get tears just thinking about it.
like I said, yes it was massive but he owed us after his ball use before that which probably cost us a goal or 2. And the Schache hit was a free kick that wasn't paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back