What kind of fan are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Violent kick the cat type when we lose

Optimist for sure. I've always looks at my team with rose (or red and black) coloured glasses but I can still be critical when I need to be and realistic when things don't look great.

Am always aware that premierships are born from a feeling within a club.

Just have an eye for whether or not the feeling is there. Happy to leave the rest to luck.

football clubs are in the business of selling hope so if they majority of supporters aren't optimistic they are doing a poor job of selling their core product.

unless of course you barrack for richmond, which is like watching a black comedy on rerun for 30 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a secret optimist but hide it behind my pessimistic nature.

I don't like to be seen as an optimist as I think I'll jinx my team ... I'm aware how stupid this is :p

I'm shithouse!
irrational & crazy... bad for my health type fan. (usually when I'm watching by myself & usually vs Sydney)
Not bad with mates though...

I'd like to think I'm realistic. Sum up every scenario with a logical outcome instead of just blindly thinking we'll win or lose for no reason. Makes for some pleasant surprise wins and some damn annoying surprise losses!

Optimist but still realistic. I always think we can win and always go into a season thinking we are a chance of a flag.

Realistic in terms of where we are at i.e. not a top 4 side at the moment.

Years of coaching and working on the recruiting side makes me watch the game within the game and looking closer at what works and does
not work rather than being the normal supporter. Often i say to myself i am going along today just as a supporter but it always turns out the same
and that is watching zones, watching who has lost their man, watching match ups, looking at areas of the ground and players where the ball is not
etc
The coaches curse. Even find myself watching the Auskick in the same way, evaluating the kids who have genuine footy smarts .
Have often has other supporters ask meat half time how i knew where the ball would end up going, i can only say dont really know it is just
the way i watch the game.
Have no idea how it started other than being a footy sponge as a kid and not having any great football x factor other than
being able to kick well on the right foot and able to run all game which lead me to working hard on the mental side of things and knowing the game
so i could get a kick and play senior footy in the country. Being the tagger and playing on the better players probably helped as well.

Wildly optimistic all week but mildly pessimistic once the ball is bounced

At quarter time in the 93GF I thought bad kicking was going to cost us the match :)
Ha ha ......... that's me

Right now I'm convinced that we'll win the flag next September, but during games, I'm always expecting us to throw it all away.
For example, as a Green bay Packers fan, I wasn't at all surprised that we blew a 12 point lead with just over 2 minutes to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back