What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

The HR at my work are beyond useless; they're actually clueless about the needs and requirements of different departments, in particular the time allocations that are necessary.

And to go with it, they're incredibly meddlesome.

Clueless and meddlesome; pretty much the worst possible combination in a HR department.

I won't go into the nitty gritty, but a decision they made recently will cost me nigh on 3K a year.

To say I'm annoyed and thinking of looking elsewhere would be an understatement.
I'm pretty sure I've posted my thoughts on HR previously and managed to upset someone around here who actually is an HR person.. actually it may have been a safety person (who are equally as useless).

I'm pretty sure I've posted my thoughts on HR previously and managed to upset someone around here who actually is an HR person.. actually it may have been a safety person (who are equally as useless).
Both safety and HR have their place, and some actually perform their role perfectly fine.

It's okay, when my work's ridiculous change recently bites them on the arse because I can no longer perform a role I was performing perfectly well, and other people are caught high and dry as a result, I look forward to the temper tantrums they'll have thrown at them.

The term "bae".

Why was that a necessary thing to invent, and why do people insist on using it all of the time?
What does it mean in any case?

On that note, people who actually say things like 'lol' and 'rofl' and 'lmao' in spoken conversation.

That rustles my jimmies.
Mentally noted.

I don't mind people using those abbreviations in casual written form as long as they're not overdone. Obviously if it's work communication, then it should be taboo (but sadly isn't for many these days).

But, for the love of God, please don't ever say "lol" to me in spoken conversation.

I don't mind people using those abbreviations in casual written form as long as they're not overdone. Obviously if it's work communication, then it should be taboo (but sadly isn't for many these days).

But, for the love of God, please don't ever say "lol" to me in spoken conversation.

I must've lived a sheltered existence as other than over hearing teenie boppers when in public ("OMG, like, if she really said that, I'd be all like, lol, whatever") I've never heard anyone do that. Maybe my daughters will make up for lost time once they reach teenie bopper age.

Actually that shits me too, the massively overuse of "like".

I must've lived a sheltered existence as other than over hearing teenie boppers when in public ("OMG, like, if she really said that, I'd be all like, lol, whatever") I've never heard anyone do that. Maybe my daughters will make up for lost time once they reach teenie bopper age.

Actually that shits me too, the massively overuse of "like".
I totes agree with you:D
Oh and 'whatevs' is the new word but Whatever!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's not being PC that's just being sensible
My point is it would be much easier to just say it how it is.

When a student hands in no work and fails all the tests throughout a semester, we still cant say that they "had a poor semester". We should say "disappointing" or "inconsistent". Shits me.

My point is it would be much easier to just say it how it is.

When a student hands in no work and fails all the tests throughout a semester, we still cant say that they "had a poor semester". We should say "disappointing" or "inconsistent". Shits me.

Happened since I was in school.

If I were to read my old reports, I'd cringe at the language being used as I'd feel they weren't honest and rather disingenuous.

Use Textiles for instance.
They should've said "RedmanWasHere had a shocking year and his attitude throughout the year was s**t."

hate it when the same people in the meeting every week repeat the same tag lines ad nauseum..

CEO: Moving forward we...
Manager: Having said that....

managment speak blergh
Read Don Watson's book Weasel Words. I'm tipping you'd like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back