What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's this side on one? Start a logo thread with the designs, then we'll get em out on twitter.

Had a crack at a front on Crow logo as a lot of people here seem to like that option. Think I still prefer the side on style to be honest but whatever it takes to get rid of the current one.

View attachment 87005
Love this

More 'logo' style than other front ons, strong, edgy

Prefer red footy though with maybe yellow beak? Possibly some yellow/red highlights with thin lines in the wings but that may be too busy

Had a crack at a front on Crow logo as a lot of people here seem to like that option. Think I still prefer the side on style to be honest but whatever it takes to get rid of the current one.

View attachment 87005
This is a ripper - best one I've seen yet.

Really crisp. Good job mate.

Where's this side on one? Start a logo thread with the designs, then we'll get em out on twitter.
Going for a new look logo, I really like 23_fan version from here. Actually looks like a crow and has a hardness to it. From a merchandise pov, the simplicity and the limited colour palate works best.

AFCLogo_zps1efafc71.jpg

there is no way they would put a football on the logo, incredibly ******* twee, that went out with the cartoon VFL logos of the 80's.

Maybe replace the football with 'AFC'? Although one could argue our current logo falls under cartoon too!

I really hope they change to something more aggressive anyway, really like the look of the front on crow.

Love this

More 'logo' style than other front ons, strong, edgy

Prefer red footy though with maybe yellow beak? Possibly some yellow/red highlights with thin lines in the wings but that may be too busy

I've tried a few different variation before the one I posted. Red footy looks best but then there is no yellow at all (could fix this by having yellow in the text as per the current logo but I'm not a fan of that font). Yellow eyes don't look hard enough and yellow beak loses the Crow feeling a bit.
There is still something missing I feel but I haven't figured it out yet. If I do I'll post an updated version.

Maybe replace the football with 'AFC'? Although one could argue our current logo falls under cartoon too!

I really hope they change to something more aggressive anyway, really like the look of the front on crow.

I really liked the AFC tops that the players wore a few years ago, so text like that could work. That said, I don't mind the footy in there at all.

I think if we didn't want the footy we could just put the text in some sort of box and have the claws holding that. You would then need the ball or something to replace with if you just wanted the logo image and not the text. Either way it could be made to work, that version is just a concept. I seriously doubt the club will take a direct copy of any of these.

I've tried a few different variation before the one I posted. Red footy looks best but then there is no yellow at all (could fix this by having yellow in the text as per the current logo but I'm not a fan of that font). Yellow eyes don't look hard enough and yellow beak loses the Crow feeling a bit.
There is still something missing I feel but I haven't figured it out yet. If I do I'll post an updated version.
Original crows logo had a yellow beak so doing that could be a bit of a tip of a cap to the history there...

Agree red eyes not yellow, that just looks out of place.

Yellow outline on the underside of each "feather" on the wings (essentially where the white lines between them now are) could add that extra touch of yellow too.

Agree re font, current one is terrible, needs a strong bold font

You would replace it with something, whether it be "AFC", "A" or one of the shield logo or official crest, but it won't ever just be a ball.
if the ball were unpopular you could just have the claws holding nothing but realigned/redesigned as if they are ready to grab something (more centralised and front on)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked the AFC tops that the players wore a few years ago, so text like that could work. That said, I don't mind the footy in there at all.

Yeah I don't mind how it looks now either, curious to see how it would look to replace the football with text (either AFC, Adelaide FC or similar), might also give more opportunity to play around with colours then?

Either way, great work by 23_fan, shame you aren't in charge of this stuff at the club lol!

there is no way they would put a football on the logo, incredibly ******* twee, that went out with the cartoon VFL logos of the 80's.
The VFL Logos of the 80s adn the AFL of the early 90s logos were awesome! i loved the shield logo! sick of our game becoming americanised. Englsh soccer teams keep their traditional logos. we should go back to our old one from the 90s with the shield.

droll. How many Club logos now carry a ball on it like we need to be reminded what sport we are playing? The AFL's logo is irrelevant. We don't do this stuff anymore

View attachment 87456
awesome! i used love collecting footy stickers in the early 90s and getting the shiny logo stickers haha these logos remind me on then.

droll. How many Club logos now carry a ball on it like we need to be reminded what sport we are playing? The AFL's logo is irrelevant. We don't do this stuff anymore

View attachment 87456
its funny how we made our new logo appeal more to children, yet back then each club had an official logo and one of these.

That way the club can have a traditional, strong element but still appeal to children.

Why don't we bring back this idea instead of trying to appeal to 2 vastly different demographics/purposes

its funny how we made our new logo appeal more to children, yet back then each club had an official logo and one of these.

That way the club can have a traditional, strong element but still appeal to children.

Why don't we bring back this idea instead of trying to appeal to 2 vastly different demographics/purposes
we still kind of do in a way, the Club puts the original shild logo on it's letterheard in official correspondence. It's like the 'child' logo option is for the official merch stuff, and the old logo is for when we are serious.

The VFL Logos of the 80s adn the AFL of the early 90s logos were awesome! i loved the shield logo! sick of our game becoming americanised. Englsh soccer teams keep their traditional logos. we should go back to our old one from the 90s with the shield.
I liked the shield logo as well but I guess it limited the Clubs and make them all look the same and they wanted to brabd themselves how they wanted. I remember the 1970's VFL logos, the top section of the outline was in VFL blue regardless of your clubs colours.

Things i want: A better away/clash jumper (similiar to the the crows SANFL side)
Bring back the original crows logo
Get rid of claude the crows and bring back the camry crow that we ised in the 90s
change the lyric at the start of the crows club song to the "we are the mighty adelaide crows" not "and we're knowen as the adelaide crows"
and the big one...... Build the fans a club/pub/bar function centre in the city or close to the city with dining facilities, entertainment room, pokies, sports bar TAB. This is long over due.. those scum bags at port have "The port club"... we need something like this. Id really love the crows to buy Thebby oval and build the function centre there and have the crows SANFL side use that as their home ground. It willnever happen but thats what id love.

we still kind of do in a way, the Club puts the original shild logo on it's letterheard in official correspondence. It's like the 'child' logo option is for the official merch stuff, and the old logo is for when we are serious.
except for the fact that the child one is the one that gets used 99% of the time and in the places that count, the heritage one is only there in places its hardly noticed and not even seen by anyone outside the bubble that is within the club and its already members.

I more mean as a way of promoting the club

Use the real one on most mercy, the cartoon one on children's merch, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back