What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the old line from the 12th Man, it just popped out of his costume..... Think of James Kelly from Geelong....
Bob was emotional, he just wanted to errr....share his...ummm....feelings with everyone! :p

He just got a little extra excited about the win :oops: :p

I just can't believe that things don't get checked..... Can imagine that Murphy will eventually hear about it and ask Robbo - couldn't you have used a more flattering photo mate ?

The 'After the siren' article on the afl.com.au site raises a few interesting points. Friday night is one, lots of Carlton and sadly no Bulldogs.
- it was your fixture AFL, why not fix it? It has been 4 years... Surely giving us just the 1 would have been nice, not even close to fair but at least allowing us to be viewed as relevant.

Last edited:
It's a puppy love fest on SEN with KB. :) maybe KB should swap back to barrack for the dogs again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another journo saying McCartney instilled a quality defensive game. Our defense was an absolute debacle under McCartney. Urgh
Not defensive, but contested. There's little doubt our contested game was terrific, but the stats and figures showed that once the ball was outside the 5m radius of the contest, we were diabolical. Certainly fixing up that area has been fantastic.

Confidence is a wonderful thing. We had none last year and the year before that, now we have it in bucketloads. Nobody can argue that is due in very large part to Bevo.

I wonder when the media will slowly finish with the "Dogs being good is great for footy" (not really complaining about these articles though) and actually start doing some analysis, or throwing some theories out there as to the specific reasons why we are significantly better than last year, and more than jus "Bev is a good coach/Murphy is a good captain". There's no right or wrong answer, I would just like to see some media figures actually go into a bit of research and analysis and form a opinion or theory, much like we BFers have done across numerous threads on this board. McCartney's well liked in the industry so I doubt people will be saying "maybe he was actually a worse tactical coach than we realised at the time and what games we did win was through sheer individual brilliance in spite of poor tactics" which is probably a valid point, actually, some media commentators are going the other way like that Rohan Connolly article which states that McCartney laid good foundations as to which we're basing our game on. Those sort of statements are an easy out, a bit of a myth-conception instead of actually having to think deeper about it. It might be a bit too much to ask, and as much as I shouldn't be complaining about positive media, it is fluff pieces after all. How about some deep thinking and analysis! Notice to journo's: I'm sure you can steal the ideas presented in this thread as your own. You do that all the time from BigFooty anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back