What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is, how does he get called Marcus when Marcus did barely anything at AFL level (think he only played 2 games at Brisbane and none at the Dogs). You'd think Marcus would be forgotten about.

On Talking Footy, Watson called Liam Marcus before Carey corrected him.
Perhaps Watson might have accidentally gone with Marcus Picken this time because he was talking with Marcus Bontempelli and had that name on his mind?

Its a common thing for an error like that to be perpetuated. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

They aren't remembering Marcus (who does lol), or confusing Liam with anyone else. The mistake has just been made often enough, and by enough people, that they opt for the erroneous choice reflexively and unconsciously when talking without realising. Consider dyslexia (of which behaviour like this is a symptom) as something that can be viewed as a scale which we are all on. These errors occur to most of us.

Ever accidentally called someone you know well the wrong name? Again and again? Who hasnt.

I'd give them a break. I think they well know who he is and what he has done.

BT probably calls Stringer 'the package' as a prompt to avoid screwing up his first name and calling him Jesse.

It's not that hard to get their names right. These people get paid the big bucks, do your job right. Gerard Healy is horrible with it also.

It's not that hard to get their names right. These people get paid the big bucks, do your job right. Gerard Healy is horrible with it also.
That's what happens when all of the networks cash grab and get dumbass ex players and not professional wordsmiths and broadcasters.

Glad everyone 's come around to the fact Carey is a fool. Goes out every week trying to be the smartest footy fan.

Lol, WTF is a professional wordsmith?

The capacity for analysis is increased by practice based experience, which these blokes often have. Ex-players are a central cog of good broadcasting.

Dumbass Rohan Connolly in the age today
Says that against collingwood we had 3 players with less than 50 games!
3?
I work out 10 or 11 depending on where you put Dickson
Really poor for a newspaper struggling to retain readers to get it so wrong
Would have been his strongest point and he missed it

Dumbass Rohan Connolly in the age today
Says that against collingwood we had 3 players with less than 50 games!
3?
I work out 10 or 11 depending on where you put Dickson
Really poor for a newspaper struggling to retain readers to get it so wrong
Would have been his strongest point and he missed it
Online article has it at 13.
image.jpg

Huddo has a slot on sen during trade period (or he did last year). He seriously has more knowledge about player management and off season strategy than nearly every other football commentator. His coverage on the griffen situation was exceptional. I wish I could hear it again.

Yep he was one of the few in the media I believe that wasn't trying to pan the Dogs for the Boyd thing and cry that we gave up too much etc, he looked at it in a very level headed way and noted it was a ballsy, smart move that we needed to make considering the circumstances.

The printed copy at the cafe had 3

3 was obviously a typo though because he was making the point that we had an even spread of contributors across our list. His argument wouldn't make sense if it was 3. Largely though I think the article paints us in a very positive light, someone who was one of our harshest critics before the season started he has completely redeemed himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was macpherson snr like as a player? Bit before my time.

Hard as nails utility with fair pace but lots of aggression to take the game on and opponents on if needed. A good team-mate too from all I've heard. A bloke you'd love to be at your side as you go to war.

Hard as nails utility with fair pace but lots of aggression to take the game on and opponents on if needed. A good team-mate too from all I've heard. A bloke you'd love to be at your side as you go to war.
Very skilful too. On both sides of the body. Tough as nails as stated. A true bulldog through and through.
Very handy in the pugilistic arts:D

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree by the sounds of it Mutt. That description falls almost perfectly in line with what I've seen from him and heard about him.

I'm not sold, but I'm looking forward to seeing him play for Footscray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back