Where are the charges?

Remove this Banner Ad

On what we know to date large parts of this issue come down to circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence is fine to build a successful case, but in law a circumstantial case must provide a narrative from Point A to Point B. Big juicy events along the path from A to B play well in public, but its the small steps of detail which lead the case through the steps in between that hold the case together.

So all the cries we hear "but they've got this and they've got that, how could they possibly need anything else?" display a profound lack of understanding of what's happening now, and what will happen when charges are laid and defended. As a circumstantial case the defence will NOT be focusing on the big juicy headlines. They'll be worrying away at minor links in the chain, attempting to create a breach in the chain of narrative.

Apart from that, the commonly held view that with each passing day it becomes less likely that infractions will result is plain silly, and backwards. With each passing day that a "nothing to see here' finding is not released, the probability of sanctions increases

Dank can only operate if people are willing to hire scumbags like him for his services.

Tim Watson: "The Fish Rots At The Head"

Dank was a very very very known quantity when certain people at EFC headhunted him and handed over their playing list to him.

James Hird: "The boys are up and about. We have a lot to work with. Great work Steve"

I'm not for one minute condoning Hird's actions, he's a grown man with 2 degrees. He failed the club and tarnished the game while rejecting all accountability. Now I read the AFLCA (I think) will be funding part of his overseas course during his expulsion, and have organised for Craig Belamy to mentor him (because Bomber Thompson failed?)

Apart from that, the commonly held view that with each passing day it becomes less likely that infractions will result is plain silly, and backwards. With each passing day that a "nothing to see here' finding is not released, the probability of sanctions increases

This indeed is the case. We will know nothing until we know something:confused:
When ASADA/WADA speak it will be to tell us nothing will happen or That something will happen. We will just have to wait for them to speak, Their silence at this stage means absolutely NOTHING.

I'm not for one minute condoning Hird's actions, he's a grown man with 2 degrees. He failed the club and tarnished the game while rejecting all accountability. Now I read the AFLCA (I think) will be funding part of his overseas course during his expulsion, and have organised for Craig Belamy to mentor him (because Bomber Thompson failed?)
failed? Can a man not always learn?

failed? Can a man not always learn?

Maybe Hirdy and Bellamy can have their first mentoring meeting in Shane Charters' poolroom, with the signed appreciation photos to Shane from Hird and Melbourne Storm, peering over them from the Wall of Shame.

Neil Craig....and now Craig Bellamy.

EFC and AFL are takin' the mickey lol

Didn't Hird refuse to take part in the Coaches Association mentors program?

Roy has also said he thinks infractions are highly unlikely unless Dank spills his guts, which he thinks is also highly unlikely.

It's a good question though. Where are the charges? "Grand final season" is certainly over.

Hasn't anyone told Masters that ASADA work in mysterious ways and will take as long as they want and will work to their timetable not his? Methinks Roy needs to spend some educational time on BigFooty

You need to read of Masters work Lance, your comment is bog ignorant ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I'm off to this tomorrow.
https://www.anzsla.com/content/annual-conference

I'll get on the piss on Thursday night at the dinner and hit up Fahey, Andruska and Clothier for an answer. ;)

Was actually thinking of asking them what they thought the general publics' perception of them was given the silence and delays of the process.

sweet, grab it on your phone if you can, I just crack up everytime I see Fahey;)

sweet, grab it on your phone if you can, I just crack up everytime I see Fahey;)
Well aurora just stated in her speech three times that the investigation is still ongoing. It is big 65000 docs and 200 interviews so far. In comparison lance Armstrong was 26 interviews.

An independent review of their investigative process has shown that Asada has been "comprehensive and professional" but needed the new powers.

Robbo was jabbering in his usual semi-coherent manner just now on SEN in regard to this article. His view was basically that Masters has just about the best mail in the business in regard to ASADA ( his brother works there , or something) and that players are still not in the clear by a long shot. Neither are the NRL lads.

Yes, there's still plenty to come. The case is being built.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back