Where can I watch the GF around the world?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Abu Dhabi. The only place I know showing it at 8am is place called the British club. Unfortunately its ticketed and all tix are sold.

Its now midnight Fri night our time. I'm with friends at the bar in British club. They will leave soon and I plan on hiding and spending the night somewhere until 8am tomorrow where I won't need a ticket cos I'd be already in.

Gonna be a long night. Go pies.

GF party at a mate's place in London. BBQ, beers and 27 degrees - just like being in Perth!

Go Cats. Geelong by 3 points, Bartel for Norm Smith and Chapman to kick the winning goal. I :heart: you Chappy

I watched a grand final in Paris once. On Rue Saint Denis there is an Australian bar that opens its doors at around 6.30-7am. About 150 aussies got in there for the game and the atmosphere was great.

Signed up for http://www.afl.livesport.tv/ last week while I'm overseas LOVE IT. $100 for the season, good quality, works on my mac... Considering I was paying nearly 100 for fox every month it's pretty damn awesome

... when it works. I randomly get massively pixelate images, and that on a variety of Macs and a variety of browsers.

And currently, while the AFL site has any number of replays, highlights etc. from Round 5, the liveafl.tv site has virtually nothing at all since Round 4.

Not worth paying for as it is IMHO and also IMHO, typical AFL. They're just unable to get on top of the internet and delivering reliable internet content.

... when it works. I randomly get massively pixelate images, and that on a variety of Macs and a variety of browsers.

And currently, while the AFL site has any number of replays, highlights etc. from Round 5, the liveafl.tv site has virtually nothing at all since Round 4.

Not worth paying for as it is IMHO and also IMHO, typical AFL. They're just unable to get on top of the internet and delivering reliable internet content.

I subscribe too. This year the quality of the live feed is much worse than last year - although in the UK we now seem to get all games live. The feed quality is like going back in time and getting dial up quality at times. I complained and asked why the quality has dropped and as got fobbed off by someone who did not read the question I asked. (I use a modest sized old monitor at 17" - anything bigger and it must look really bad!). (the reply alway implies its my end - it is not, I have an unlimmited high quality fibre optic connection)

Normally the replays get posted pretty fast, but I noticed this week that no replays since the Anzac day game have been posted. Dont hold your breath for the problem to be fixed, they missed the first Hawks/Pies game last year and it took several weeks before it got posted.

It is pretty poor quality at times, but if you are o/s its all you have got. The price is good (about A$100 a season) for live feed & highlights on demand, shame its just not a bit of a better feed.

not sure why some have problems with this service, but liveAFL.tv is close to perfect for me.

They have their stuff ups, but they are not too regular and my picture quality from their site is top drawer.

Highly recommended.

Have bumped this thread again with 2012 parties submitted so far on World Footy News. You may also find venues from previous years in this thread may have something on if you contact them. More updates as they come in at http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20120613162207242

ASIA
Mumbai, India
Grand Hyatt Western Express Hwy Mumbai, MH 400055, India
September 29th 9:30am
RS2000 per head, plenty of food, footy pies and drinks.

Osaka, Japan
2-1-5 Dotonbori Chuo-ku Osaka Japan
Saturday 29th September 2012 at 1pm
Happy hour prices all day 13:00 to 17:00. Coopers and VB beers - 450 yen
EUROPE
Athens, Greece
Athens Sports Bar - Veikou 3A, Kookaki 117-42, Athens.September 29th at 6:30am. The only Aussie Pub in Greece. We'll be doing the traditional sausage sizzle super cheap drinks and a half time kick to kick. LIVE, All ages Ph: +30 210 923 5811 http://www.athenssportsbar.gr/

Leeds, UK
Leeds Minotaurs Grand Final Party
Saturday 29th September 4.30am @ Leeds Walkabout 67-83 Cookridge St, Leeds UK
For more details email leedsminotaursarfc@hotmail.com

London, UK
Putney Magpies AFL Grand Final Party 2012 - @ 5:30am (doors open from 5am)
At the Larrik Inn, Fulham. 425 New King’s Rd London, Greater London, SW6 4RN - Tickets 10 pounds
Contact play@putneymagpies.com

Moscow, Russia
September 29th at 8:00am
Hudson Bar 10 Butersky Val Moscow Russian Federation

Zagreb, Croatia
AFL Grand Final 2012 Party - Croatia Friday 29th September 2012
Venue: Old Pharmacy Pub. Address: Hebrangova 11, Zagreb, Croatia
Pub opens at 5:30 am, game starts at 6:30 am(please look at footycroatia.com a few days before this event to confirm exact times)
First 30 people get 1 free coffee and 1 free beer.Light Continental breakfast provided (limited quantities).
Croatian footy players will be attending the event, just week after (hopefully successful) Euro Cup in Edinburgh.

NORTH AMERICA

Atlanta, GA, USA
Atlanta Kookaburras - AFL Grand Final live broadcast at The Whitehall Tavern 2391 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta GA 30305.
Friday, September 28th @ 10:00pm EDT
$20 advance purchase, $25 at the door. Beer, pies and other snacks. Pre sold tickets now selling here http://www.atlantafooty.com/kookas-store.html

Austin, TX, USA
Where: HYATT REGENCY DOWNTOWN 208 Barton Springs Road • Austin
When: Friday, September 28th @ 10:00pm EDT
$25 p/head – includes food and discounted beer. Crows are happy to announce the AFL Grand Final will once again be shown Live at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Austin. The Hyatt will be the only venue in Austin showing the Grand Final.

Chicago, IL, USA
Chicago Swans Grand Final Party - Brownstone Tavern on Friday September 28th kicking off at 9pm (game starts 11pm).
The Chicago Swans are once again hosting the AFL Grand Final party. Tickets are $20 per person and include drink and food specials. The Qantas/Chicago AFL Raffle will also be drawn this night so be sure to purchase your tickets for the chance to win 2 return tickets to Australia.
Tickets and additional information at www.chicagofooty.com

Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Ft Lauderdale Fighting Squids Aussie Rules Club - Grand Final Party 2012
Friday 28 September, 2012 - 10.30pm til late (Game Time 12.30am)
Venue: Maguire’s Hill 16 Irish Pub, 535 North Andrews Ave. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 Tel: 954-764-4453
Everyone is welcome to join in the fun at South Florida's social event of the year: The AFL Grand Final Party hosted for the 8th year by the famous Fort Lauderdale “Fighting Squids”. Guaranteed fun atmosphere, with 4 large flat screen TV’s.
Entry Donation (helps the footy club): $10 for 2012 members, $20 for guys and free for girls. http://fightingsquids.com or info@fightingsquids.com

Houston, TX, USA
Friday 28 September, 2012 - 8.30pm til late (Game Time 12.30am)
The Firkin & Phoenix Pub, 1915 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77098

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Los Angeles Dragons 2012 Grand Final Party at South Sports Bar
3001 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
**NO COVER CHARGE**TONS OF HD TVS**DRINK SPECIALS**RAFFLE
GAME COVERAGE STARTING APPROX. 9PM
ANNUAL CLUB FUND-RAISER DONATIONS WELCOME
www.ladragons.com

New York, New York, USA
NY Magpies. Where:Galway Hooker 7 E. 36th St.
When: Friday 28th September. Doors open at 10pm for the pre-game entertainment with the game to follow on a 12'x9' HD projection screen and 14 plasma TV's over 2 floors.
$20 per ticket or 6 for $100 includes live game with sound on all TV’s in the venue (including the big screen), drink specials, prizes, games and giveaways.
Purchase your tickets from www.nyfooty.com212-725-2353.. The Galway Hooker has tables available for reservation for groups of 8 or more. To reserve a table after purchasing your tickets online contact Kaitlin at the Galway Hooker

Philadelphia, PA, USA
Philadelphia Hawks GF Party. Friday September 28, 10pm
Con Murphy’s http://www.conmurphyspub.com/
Details of the night: We will have limited supply of VB for purchase, raffles, hawks gear and a bunch of your closest friends. The party starts at 10 and the game will come on after midnight. The bar will stay open till the game is over. (Alcohol will not be served after 2am) Full menu will be available until 11pm, bar menu available until 1am, Meat Pies will be sold until they run out. 1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway (at the Windsor Hotel)
Philadelphia, PA 19103 Ph: 267.687.1128. Close to Public Transporation, Suburban Station.
$20 Entry, includes meat pie and drink ticket.

Portland OR, USA
When: Friday, September 28th. Dinner starts at 7:00pm, the Grand Final begins at 9:30.
Where: Buffalo Gap Saloon & Eatery (map)
Tickets to the Grand Final night are $10 each and can be purchased online via Paypal at our website, or at the door. We will also be holding a raffle at the event. The Grand Final party is a major part of our fundraising for the USAFL Nationals tournament, so bring your family and friends and help send the boys off right.

Montreal, QC, Canada Note change of venue due to popularity!
AFL Quebec 2012 Grand Final Party
When: from 9pm on Friday 28th Sept
Where: The Forum Sports Bar, 2313 rue Ste-Catherine O (4th floor - Cnr Atwater), Montreal, QC H3H1N2
Everyone welcome to attend. We will have the game live in HD on a big screen + 13 other TVs. Drink specials on the night. No cover charge. Come on down and meet some other Aussies & footy supporters!

Toronto, OT, Canada
Friday September 28th match starting at midnight.
Toronto Dingos Football Club will be hosting their 17th annual AFL Grand Final party at St.Clair's Sport Centre Café.
49 St Clair Ave West, Doors open 9pm - match starts at Midnight.
This year make sure you come early to get the best seat! $10 entry and a chance to win door prizes, while classic raffles like the first-goal kicker will also be available. On top of it all, a seperate raffle (with tickets available now!) for a 32GB New iPad (WIFI plus Cellular) grand prize valued at $850 will be run, with the winner drawn at half-time.
Contact aflgrandfinal@torontodingos.com for more details, or visit our Facebook event page.

Also the AFL have a party finder - http://www.afl.com.au/TVRadio/OverseasGFPartyFinder/tabid/14881/Default.aspx

Thanks for reviving the thread, hopefully some news on something happening in Spain or Portugal!

For the 2nd time in 3 years am o/s for the grand final and hoping to not have to watch it on a laptop again!

I can't understand why ESPN are not showing this game. The last two weeks the Saturday night game has clashed with Scottish soccer but not this week. (Just realised this is an afternoon game, even less reason for them to not show it.)

I'm pretty confident that it will be on liveafl.tv but it is a terrible website and it never seems to be easy to find the game that is on.

Say what? I have had trouble free viewing all year....perfectly good website...easy to navigate. And excellent quality.

And live, with full replays available immediately after. Its a great service.

Amazed you think differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what? I have had trouble free viewing all year....perfectly good website...easy to navigate. And excellent quality.

Concur, has been absolutely fantastic to use this year for me. :thumbsu:

You took some time to consider your response to my 2011 post.

Me to, it has been great. One game Melbourne V West Coast they kept showing the 20/20 cricket, the same over for about 45 mins. Another game the sound was out by a about 10 seconds other than that it has been perfect. They have had all the replays ive wanted to watch throughout the season and also have some shows and interviews. Well worth the $100.

Another party, for anyone up at Big White Ski resort. My place, will be having BBQ and Hot tub on the balcony! BYO

The walkabout in shepards bush is showing it, 15 with 2 drinks and breaky, doors open at 4.30. tickets from their website.

its on ESPN in the uk though ay? **** getting up in the cold when i can watch it in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back