Where has this been??

Remove this Banner Ad

fugsy

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching our boys absolutely steamroll WC today, I couldn't believe it was the same team that's been struggling of late. It just goes to show what a team can do when they actually come out to play.

Exactly why there have been criticisms of Thompson's coaching ability in recent weeks.

It is the coaches job to get the players up each week, to perform at an optimum level. If it takes an ex-coach and a nothing media personality in Gary Ayres and Robert Walls respectively to fire the boys up, well, there's your answer basically.

"It" was present in the following rounds:
Round 1
Richmond 15. 8. (98) def. by Geelong 25. 10. (160)

Round 4
Geelong 19. 17. (131) def. Essendon 11. 9. (75)

Round 5
Port Adelaide 15. 5. (95) def. by Geelong 15. 9. (99) at AAMI Stadium (well, it was a huge performance at the time anyway...)

Round 6
Geelong 16. 12. (108) def. Western Bulldogs 11. 7. (73)

Round 8
Carlton 10. 13. (73) def. by Geelong 22. 11. (143)

Round 9
Geelong 22. 14. (146) def. Kangaroos 8. 13. (61) (Our best performance this year I thought)

Round 14
Geelong 16. 17. (113) def. Hawthorn 8. 10. (58)

Round 16
Geelong 18. 18. (126) def. Port Adelaide 7. 5. (47)

great win no doubt but o wouldn't read to much into it as the Eagles just didn't come to play and had no real motivation wheres our guys season was on the line and it showed, got to put a few repeat performances together now or its just a waste of time

della said:
great win no doubt but o wouldn't read to much into it as the Eagles just didn't come to play and had no real motivation wheres our guys season was on the line and it showed, got to put a few repeat performances together now or its just a waste of time
Rubbish! Of course the eagles came to play. That's always the excuse when the Cats win against more fancied sides. :mad: As if they'd want to head into the last round and a finals series with a 76 point thrashing in Victoria. A close loss maybe but not the thrashing they got.
Cats played fantastic footy, but yes, they do need to put in some repeat performances starting with next week.

Go CATS!!

Look i think once we got on top early they wouldn't care as muchm especially seeing what happened to the Saints the nite before with all there injries etc, we played great but you could just see the Eagles work ethic wasn't there, doesn't matter to them if they lost.

Our forward structure still nedds some fine tunig and playfair still needs to do abit more if we r to go anywhere in sseptember

bah, don't think we'll be doing too much this September (Ottens getting injured last week hurts me more than the loss) but yesterday's win gives me a bit of confidence that we can maybe cause some problems for others.
Also, let's see if we can beat Richmond next week.
We've been serving up tripe the week after we belt anyone, and seeing as Richmond are our bunny team (when did they last beat us?) I'm not sure what to expect :)
Hopefully we can play good footy two weeks in a row for the first time in ages, get some momentum for the finals...cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Losing Otto is a big blow for sure, but it's given that young kid #23 a chance. Both Ottens and NAblett demand a good tall defender which gives Kingsley a chance to show up a lesser defender, but when Ottens goes into the ruck Geelong's forward line chokes up a bit. Keep Ablett at FF, and have King and Sarge hold down the ruck.

ecleftic said:
Rubbish! Of course the eagles came to play. That's always the excuse when the Cats win against more fancied sides. :mad: As if they'd want to head into the last round and a finals series with a 76 point thrashing in Victoria. A close loss maybe but not the thrashing they got.
Cats played fantastic footy, but yes, they do need to put in some repeat performances starting with next week.

Go CATS!!

Hear ! Hear !

It has been a crap month. Enjoy it and expect the same next week. If they serve up tripe then lets deal with it then.

Tackling and pressure was relentless. That's the reason why the eagles lost. They got smacked in the middle which cut the supply to their less than average forward line. They came to play but got shutdown and trounced.

patdman said:
bah, don't think we'll be doing too much this September (Ottens getting injured last week hurts me more than the loss) but yesterday's win gives me a bit of confidence that we can maybe cause some problems for others.
Also, let's see if we can beat Richmond next week.
We've been serving up tripe the week after we belt anyone, and seeing as Richmond are our bunny team (when did they last beat us?) I'm not sure what to expect :)
Hopefully we can play good footy two weeks in a row for the first time in ages, get some momentum for the finals...cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Yep. Wouldn't expect us to continue the pattern of great followed by tripe next week given Richmond's lamentable form, but this is Geelong after all, so we'll see. But having some momentum into the finals is important, and having seen what happened yesterday, who knows what troubles we could cause other sides in September.

fugsy said:
Watching our boys absolutely steamroll WC today, I couldn't believe it was the same team that's been struggling of late. It just goes to show what a team can do when they actually come out to play.

Thats the whole point, It wasnt the same team... Long live the King (awesome corageous comeback to play with an injured hand), and of course Mattys best buddy Harls running around Half-back.. Its makes the HUGE difference we needed. Also great to see Kent up the ground and Nath at full forward. BLOODY BRILLIANT GEELONG. Play with the same spirit, skill and endeavour and we will go far come September. :D

PS. St Kilda result on the weekend.. suck it saints.. what goes around comes around.. its called Karma. And good luck with those injuries!! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back