News Country and Interstate Members: Grand Final Guarantee has quietly opened up to you

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
As someone who lives in Brisbane, I didn't get the 11-game membership because obviously I can't make any more than two or three games per year... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't sell a loved one to make it if and only if Geelong makes the Big Dance.

At the start of the year, IIRC, the Grand Final guarantee add-on was only available for 11-game and 16-game members, not the Interstaters. Well, last week I went to check out the worst of shelling out on an 11-game membership with GF guarantee, and whaddayaknow... it looks like the club has quietly expanded the Guarantee to be available to all Interstate and Country members.

A bloody good thing, too. There are plenty of passionate Cats fans spread around the country who get zero benefit out of a regular membership, but are just as invested in Geelong's fortunes.

Please do not mistake this for Getting Ahead of Ourselves - it's just that we've all had the experience of missing out on tickets for 1989/1992/1994/1995/2007/2008/2009/2011/2020 and we know that it suuuuuucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back