Where the hell do I take my lose change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, if $48 is chump change, I'll probably just continue to pile it up then.
I chuck all my loose change in the kids money boxes and take it down to CBA every couple months normally $100-$200. They count it and deposit no questions asked. (All though i bag it into the correct denominations if possible). Probably what I should of said from the start. Hope it helps.

Pfft. I wouldn't do it with $1,000s. It's basically for emptying a coin jar. I do it probably 3 times a year for $50 all up. For the cost of a coffee, I find its worth it.

But most of the banks do it free if you have an account with them making that machine redundant

Hope this helps - Commonwealth Bank have DIY machines you can deposit your coins in and it coutns and prints. Owning a cafe, I regularly take down hundreds in coins and it's always accurate, just press the 'continue' button 2 or 3 times after to make sure.

I've taken large amounts down to the ANZ a few times (most was about $900) and as long as I had bagged it already into denominations and amounts ($2 coins into bags of $50, $1 into bags of $20 etc) they were fine. They just weigh it and confirm it's counted correctly and deposit it straight away.

Don't know which bank your with bunsen burner but I've never had trouble getting the plastic money bags off them - just tell them you run a small business if they give you grief and you need it to bag up your takings.

I've taken large amounts down to the ANZ a few times (most was about $900) and as long as I had bagged it already into denominations and amounts ($2 coins into bags of $50, $1 into bags of $20 etc) they were fine. They just weigh it and confirm it's counted correctly and deposit it straight away.

Don't know which bank your with bunsen burner but I've never had trouble getting the plastic money bags off them - just tell them you run a small business if they give you grief and you need it to bag up your takings.

ANZ.

Hope this helps - Commonwealth Bank have DIY machines you can deposit your coins in and it coutns and prints. Owning a cafe, I regularly take down hundreds in coins and it's always accurate, just press the 'continue' button 2 or 3 times after to make sure.
Free if you have a CBA account, otherwise there is a charge I believe.

It's pretty good, takes a bit of time if you havea lot of coins but it is accurate and easy.

Free if you have a CBA account, otherwise there is a charge I believe.

It's pretty good, takes a bit of time if you havea lot of coins but it is accurate and easy.

I think 2% surchage on the aggregate amount.

How do you guys collect some much coins? I try to do it but just spend them on worthless s**t. I had a mate who once filled up a never fail water bottle with coins, I'd ask him but we no longer speak.

I wouldn't mind doing this from now til Christmas then exchange them around Christmas Day!

Any tips you can give me would be much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you guys collect some much coins? I try to do it but just spend them on worthless s**t. I had a mate who once filled up a never fail water bottle with coins, I'd ask him but we no longer speak.

I wouldn't mind doing this from now til Christmas then exchange them around Christmas Day!

Break a note and then just lighten your wallet by throwing change in a jar.

If you register for the BigFooty boards (click register in the upper right), it will remember which messages you have read. Also, when you show up, it will put a yellow light bulb next to boards which have unread messages.
Break a note and then just lighten your wallet by throwing change in a jar.
Pretty much it not that hard. I rarely use coins for anything.

Only use notes to pay for things and every night empty them into a container, I normally use empty milo tins

What bank you with? It'll be free if you do it through them.

I know Commonwealth have machines, ANZ too. If you look up nearby branches it should mention a 'coin counter'. Shove them all in and off you go.

By the way I collected $200+, $48 is nothing.
I cashed in about $400 worth of silver when I left Tassie about 15 years ago, at a bank I wasn't a customer at. The old Riverside Trust Bank were just glad to see somebody with a large bag and no gun.
Had another couple of $200 events since then, no worries (except carrying that much silver, it gets heavy).
$2500 worth would just about require a wheelbarrow. Obviously it would not be so bad in gold though.

I have to say I haven't seen one of the DIY machines.

Commonwealth coin counting machines are good, free if you're a customer. You don't even have to bank the money, you can take the receipt and get cash from the teller. Just have to show them a CBA card to prove you are a customer or they take a percentage. I do the work social club takings every couple of months.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, my wallet was ******* heavy as * because I counted out around $14 in 10, 20 and 50c coins. Wanting to exchange it for notes, I had a brainwave. I went to the local vending machine at uni, emptied all my spare change into the machine, hit the 'cancel' button, and it all came back out in two dollar coins. Winning. :thumbsu:

My wallet carries no more than a few coins at a time so I just chuck them all at the bottom of my bag. Then when I'm paying for stuff I grab the exact change from there. It works great.

All my silver goes to charity, gold I spend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back