Prediction Where will you be when backing in the midfield pays off?

Where will you be when it's time to bring in the bacon?

• Deceased

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Under water due to climate change

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Living in a fully functioning colony on Mars

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Watching Billy Frampton celebrate his brownlow

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Celebrating a South Adelaide premiership

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok gang, we know we've been playing the long game. Conventional wisdom would have suggested you should improve your midfield after 2018, but not our club. We know better. We know that the only thing that really matters is experience, continuity, and the sort of statistical excellence that can only be achieved by handballing 5 metres to flat footed players.

It's not a question of when our persistence in this structure will pay off, but when. When do you envision the Sloane, Crouch, Laird power trio to take us to the promise land?

I've left the options open, because I think i've aimed too short term and probable in my options.

We'd need to open up a multiverse portal to see our midfield strategy work

You opened a portal. Two other Matt Crouch's walked through the portal. They have been selected for next week's game.

So I'm happy, if nothing changes to punt Nick's at year end

But what will that change? It's over a decade of baffling decisions and having 0 desire to back the development of youth.

I have no doubt we will get whatever FA mids , maybe trade a 2nd tier in and say job done this trade week.

How does the club actually get better?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok gang, we know we've been playing the long game. Conventional wisdom would have suggested you should improve your midfield after 2018, but not our club. We know better. We know that the only thing that really matters is experience, continuity, and the sort of statistical excellence that can only be achieved by handballing 5 metres to flat footed players.

It's not a question of when our persistence in this structure will pay off, but when. When do you envision the Sloane, Crouch, Laird power trio to take us to the promise land?

I've left the options open, because I think i've aimed too short term and probable in my options.
As a South supporting Crows supporter, I am now in tears.

Though, harsh but fair.

GravestoneTA-186755520.jpg

Last week the balance was right. Our best midfield game in 5 years.

Schoenberg lead CBAs, Laird and Keays were pretty good and Crouch hmm ok. Rachele showing his midfield future.

Good support from Murphy.

Bring the skip back in, the balance is wrong.

Laird and Keays still good. Schoenberg's CBA slashed continued form drop worsens. Rachele CBAs and Murphy drops off.

Having to give Sloane midfield time is the issue.

The midfield is the sum of all parts, last week that mix was spot on. Yes Schoenberg was not great in there last week. But far better than the Skip today. And the knock on bringing Sloane in affected the overall midfield group

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last week the balance was right. Our best midfield game in 5 years.

Schoenberg lead CBAs, Laird and Keays were pretty good and Crouch hmm ok. Rachele showing his midfield future.

Good support from Murphy.

Bring the skip back in, the balance is wrong.

Laird and Keays still good. Schoenberg's CBA slashed continued form drop worsens. Rachele CBAs and Murphy drops off.

Having to give Sloane midfield time is the issue.

The midfield is the sum of all parts, last week that mix was spot on. Yes Schoenberg was not great in there last week. But far better than the Skip today. And the knock on bringing Sloane in affected the overall midfield group

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is what frustrated me so much about today. I was hoping it was the start of the worm turning, but Sloane was back and we just refuse to see him playing anywhere else but midfield and he's just killing us right now.

Surely you should have added the Crows winning their third flag, it’s as far away as some of the other options

Surely you should have added the Crows winning their third flag, it’s as far away as some of the other options

I chose to focus on events that are still theoretically possible

Back