Which COD is your favourite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2009
MEL --> ADL
AFL Club
Sydney
Thought I'd go out on a limb and post this, just to see an indication of your favourite Call of Duty game, that is for what ever reason, online or campaign :D COD4 MW is my favourite overall, IW did a good job!

What is yours?

*Note, these do not include hand held console versions

I havn't played 1,2,3 but MW is my fav out of the rest, i got owned a lot but geez i just keept going back for more lol.

Haven't played the first 3 but

CoD 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> W@W >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BOPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2

Cod4 is my favourite game of all time, OF ALL TIME!

About 3/4's of the way through the first COD that I haven't really gone back to for about 10 months, but I think you would've definitely needed to play the earlier one's at the time as COD1 definitely hasn't aged well.

Personally my favourite COD is COD4. Despite having spent the least amount of time playing it as any other COD I've played online and basically giving up on the game for more than 2 years due to the insane amount of lag I suffered through in my first couple of months of having the game (and still managing a very respectable 1 k/d ratio) on the back of lag-free brilliance that was Resistance: Fall of Man before moving onto COD4. Going back to it now the gameplay mechanics are just miles ahead of the more recent COD's, apart from a couple of little niggles the game is just worlds ahead of the other COD's.

In terms of campaign I actually rate Black Op's over COD4's. Was a very, very good campaign and I enjoyed it immensely.

MW2 is my least liked for it's terribly unbalanced gameplay and horrible player mentality. Never played WaW. Highly unlikely to pick up MW3.

No COD stands as my favourite FPS though.

About 3/4's of the way through the first COD that I haven't really gone back to for about 10 months, but I think you would've definitely needed to play the earlier one's at the time as COD1 definitely hasn't aged well.

Personally my favourite COD is COD4. Despite having spent the least amount of time playing it as any other COD I've played online and basically giving up on the game for more than 2 years due to the insane amount of lag I suffered through in my first couple of months of having the game (and still managing a very respectable 1 k/d ratio) on the back of lag-free brilliance that was Resistance: Fall of Man before moving onto COD4. Going back to it now the gameplay mechanics are just miles ahead of the more recent COD's, apart from a couple of little niggles the game is just worlds ahead of the other COD's.

In terms of campaign I actually rate Black Op's over COD4's. Was a very, very good campaign and I enjoyed it immensely.

MW2 is my least liked for it's terribly unbalanced gameplay and horrible player mentality. Never played WaW. Highly unlikely to pick up MW3.

No COD stands as my favourite FPS though.
Halo ftw!

And that would be?
For online MP it's Resistance: Fall of Man, so many amazing days spent on that game.

Or Goldeneye for offline MP.

Haven't played the first 3 but

CoD 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> W@W >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BOPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2

Agree with this

Though IW ruined COD4's MP when they introduced host migration. Stopped playing it when they ****ed it. You would have a full room of Australians and one yank joins...boom there goes your green bar

COD 4 shits over any other COD. SP and MP

I enjoyed MW2 and have started playing again, have traded Black Ops towards AFL

WAW MP was great, SP was average

Blops MP was ok, as was the SP

WAW's SP was terrible IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started off playing MW2 first, got into the multiplayer late.

I have played BOPS the most, and recently bought COD4 and played that online(had played the SP ages ago).

I wish that we could have a mixture of the 2 games. the gameplay and smoothness of MW2, the customization and killstreak/perk balance of BOPS.

The shitty servers/lag/hit detection of BOPS is unbearable these days (PS3).

The nubetoobs and killstreaks in MW2 are annoying.

So my final verdict. If BOPS wasnt broke and had good servers/hit detection it would be my favourite.

As is MW2.

Call of Duty (original) had some fun multiplayer maps
Call of Duty 2's campaign was great
Call of Duty 3 isn't one of my favorites (dull single player campaign, didn't play multiplayer on it though, apparently it was pretty good)

Call of Duty 4 - Decent single player (introduction to the slow motion sequence was awesome!!) and still my preferred multiplayer game in the series. Ideal maps + weapon choices.

MW 2 was ok, had a few cool online maps (the airport one is my favorite), didn't enjoy the single player campaign as much as the first. Weapon loadout was great though (dual mp5's was fantastic for me, as well as the riot shield load out).

Disliked World at War's campaign (grenades galore), and multiplayer wasn't that good (preferred to play TDM above anything else, whereas in the other games i stuck to HQ or Domination). Saving grace for it was Kiefer Sutherland being in it and barking orders :D.

Not a fan of Black Ops, played it for a few weeks, havn't touched it since December.

I liked World @ War mainly because of zombies. Spent heaps of hours playing Der Riese with friends.

MW2. So much fun destroying with multiple Pave-Lows and steering Preds through little holes in the roof for multis. Terminal the best map. Thermal scope RPD most LoL pwnage gun. Akimbo M93 Rafficas best secondary.

Went back to it a fortnight ago, gave me no enjoyment. Just get nothing from old games... :(

MW2. So much fun destroying with multiple Pave-Lows and steering Preds through little holes in the roof for multis. Terminal the best map. Thermal scope RPD most LoL pwnage gun. Akimbo M93 Rafficas best secondary.

Went back to it a fortnight ago, gave me no enjoyment. Just get nothing from old games... :(
Must get a party up and going for an MW2 session. ;)

Would love to know how many of the people who voted for MW2 and Bops actually played CoD4 when it was still big

Probably not many, I think you'll find MW2 and Bops were the first CoD game for a lot of people, most of my mates that play CoD had MW2 as their first CoD game.

Didn't play single player in any of them so based purely off multiplayer I thought cod 4 was thE best then mw2 then Bo although was terribly disappointed with both the latter. ( I skipped WaW except for q few games of some zombie stuff with a mate)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back