Which Poort Player has done a Franklin?

Remove this Banner Ad

You just answered your own question. How did he know no one was injured or killed when he fled the scene of the accident?

He didn't, but at the end of the day no one was. I was 10kms over the speed limit once, shouldn't have done that and it's against the law, but no one got killed or injured by it. Does it make it right? No, but at the end of the day I made a mistake like we all do every now and then to various degrees. NO ONE killed or injured so the amount of outrage is over the top.

Why else would he flee the scene? Seriously - stop being so biased for one second if you could. Do innocent people flee the scene of an accident?

Young bloke makes a mistake, because he's a footy player he knows the media will be all over it. Doesn't think, makes a dumb stupid decision to flee. Not outragoues to assume. Or, he was drunk, also plausible, BUT, unproven and never will be. Hold the outrage In check, come on.

Yeah, you make that sound like some sort of victory. Of course it will never be proven because he was too gutless to stick around and see if he had injured or killed anyone through his actions.

No, I wasn't saying that in the way you read it. I was being sincere, one way or another it will not be proven. I agree it was stupid to flee either way, but he did and he's a young bloke who had to live with those actions. Just the amount of outrage over, simplistically a bloke denting a couple of cars and taking off, is a bit over the top for mine, also, not condoning

No, I wasn't saying that in the way you read it. I was being sincere, one way or another it will not be proven. I agree it was stupid to flee either way, but he did and he's a young bloke who had to live with those actions. Just the amount of outrage over, simplistically a bloke denting a couple of cars and taking off, is a bit over the top for mine, also, not condoning

I don't buy the "young bloke" drivel. Are you telling me he didn't know what he was doing was wrong?

And I don't believe it to be over the top at all - "denting a few cars" is underplaying the incident. The day you get the license is the day you are responsible for the safe operation of a vehicle. Sure people make mistakes. But to be driving like a dickhead (AND possibly drunk) and then intentionally fleeing the scene not knowing whether you have killed someone is unforgivable.

Young bloke makes a mistake, because he's a footy player he knows the media will be all over it. Doesn't think, makes a dumb stupid decision to flee. Not outragoues to assume. Or, he was drunk, also plausible, BUT, unproven and never will be. Hold the outrage In check, come on.
Aaahhh

No.
Fully aware of the consequences if he stayed - fully aware of the consequences if he shot through.
Chose the gutless path and your club were complicit in hiding him.

I don't buy the "young bloke" drivel. Are you telling me he didn't know what he was doing was wrong?

And I don't believe it to be over the top at all - "denting a few cars" is underplaying the incident. The day you get the license is the day you are responsible for the safe operation of a vehicle. Sure people make mistakes. But to be driving like a dickhead (AND possibly drunk) and then intentionally fleeing the scene not knowing whether you have killed someone is unforgivable.

Fair enough, lets agree to disagree. No worries. Atleast you can form a decent argument and rebuttal so I'll give ya that. Cheers

So when is Impey being locked up for high level drink driving?
Why did he run ?
He could have stayed and proven he wasn't pissed !

Maggotted - that's why he shot through and your club hid him away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could have stayed and got a mate to take the rap
And could have said he was not driving, was that because someone was badly injured and ended up in hospital.
Wonder what player said that.

Why don't you take a leaf out of Slammer s book and zip it on this topic you filth.
You puffers are your worst enemy.:rolleyes:

inb4 but but the Crers....etc etc

He could have stayed and got a mate to take the rap

You still can't explain why he ran if he wasn't pissed!
All the diversions in the world don't change that fact !

You still can't explain why he ran if he wasn't pissed!
All the diversions in the world don't change that fact !
It's possible, even probable, that he had had more than he should have to drink and that's why he ran.
On the other hand, i've seen middle aged women crash their car in parking lots and drive off in a panic hoping not to be caught
Given he was under other stresses, it's possible he panicked and didn't know what to do so ran off. Probable that it was bit of both.
none of which excuses his behavior and no one has suggested that.

It's odd though because let's say he was inebriated, then the story of him being sent for more beer (crers allegations) would suggest he hadn't been drunk.
And being caught riding without a helmet and no suspicion from the police to breathtest him (albeit this was hours later - but if you've been drinking from say 11am until 7.30pm the smell would linger until 7am next day).
KT said he 'had been drinking' - not 'was drunk'. Careful choice of words.

Quite likely he was just being an idiot and egged on by his passenger and he will get what he deserves which is a fine, 1 game ban, slap on the wrist as only damage was to pride and property.

It's possible, even probable, that he had had more than he should have to drink and that's why he ran.
On the other hand, i've seen middle aged women crash their car in parking lots and drive off in a panic hoping not to be caught
Given he was under other stresses, it's possible he panicked and didn't know what to do so ran off. Probable that it was bit of both.
none of which excuses his behavior and no one has suggested that.

Good, I'm glad someone has finally admitted that it was likely he was drunk. Thankyou.

It's odd though because let's say he was inebriated, then the story of him being sent for more beer (crers allegations) would suggest he hadn't been drunk.

lol wut

only damage was to pride and property.

And thank god for that. He could've killed someone. Not that he would've even known... fleeing the scene and all..

Have they rolled out the "mental health issues" yet?

No, not yet, but when your dad suddenly dies at a young age just after your 21st Birthday it may have been an issue. (I know your comment was not sincere)

But I note your team's two druggies are back at the 'wobblers.

A woman has crashed a car through the fence of a southwest Sydney property, narrowly missing the house, before fleeing the scene and leaving two passengers behind.
The car rolled and crashed into the Lurnea home on Monday night after an attempted turn went awry, police believe.
Officers are hunting a female driver who did a runner, while two passengers uninjured in the crash are assisting police with their inquiries
http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...h/news-story/555602f83847954621859f1c436fc143

Geez someone else done a runner

Driver flees after a child was hit by a car in Campbelltown
POLICE are looking for the driver of a car that hit a child and fled without helping the boy in Campbelltown this afternoon.
At 3.05pm, a seven-year-old boy was hit by a red Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback while crossing Valley Rd.
Police have been told the female driver stopped briefly before leaving the scene without rendering assistance.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/eb9d783685ebb327c9a5c5668028d4aa

Oh no, someone else done a runner

Four people hit by car, driver flees after 'altercation' in St Albans, Melbourne
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-06/four-people-hit-by-car-after-altercation-in-st-albans/7145754

Geez another person done a runner

Driver flees after smashing through Eastwood home, injuring man, 85
The driver of the Captiva allegedly got out of the car following the crash and ran from the scene.
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...5/news-story/512db769f5aac8476097a54303535a8c

Not another driver doing a runner

Well Impey did a runner when he panicked .. no one else does a runner do they.
Surely what Impey did must have been worse than the above drivers

Of cause it was according to Crowbots.

Last edited:
A woman has crashed a car through the fence of a southwest Sydney property, narrowly missing the house, before fleeing the scene and leaving two passengers behind.
The car rolled and crashed into the Lurnea home on Monday night after an attempted turn went awry, police believe.
Officers are hunting a female driver who did a runner, while two passengers uninjured in the crash are assisting police with their inquiries
http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...h/news-story/555602f83847954621859f1c436fc143

Geez someone else done a runner

Driver flees after a child was hit by a car in Campbelltown
POLICE are looking for the driver of a car that hit a child and fled without helping the boy in Campbelltown this afternoon.
At 3.05pm, a seven-year-old boy was hit by a red Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback while crossing Valley Rd.
Police have been told the female driver stopped briefly before leaving the scene without rendering assistance.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/eb9d783685ebb327c9a5c5668028d4aa

Oh no, someone else done a runner

Four people hit by car, driver flees after 'altercation' in St Albans, Melbourne
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-06/four-people-hit-by-car-after-altercation-in-st-albans/7145754

Geez another person done a runner

Driver flees after smashing through Eastwood home, injuring man, 85
The driver of the Captiva allegedly got out of the car following the crash and ran from the scene.
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...5/news-story/512db769f5aac8476097a54303535a8c

Not another driver doing a runner

Well Impey did a runner when he panicked .. no one else does a runner do they.
Surely what Impey did must have been worse than the above drivers

Of cause it was according to Crowbots.
Who do they play for ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back