No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Just for shits n giggles - which TV shows do you wish kept going?

Whether the plot was there or time was up, it doesn't matter, you just didn't wish to see it go...

For me, I'd have a hard time picking between Mad Men and Entourage. Mad Men obviously had a bit of depth to it etc and I feel like in my own selfish way it could have gone on further but do accept that it was time to end. Same can be said for Entourage - that story line could just keep repeating itself I suppose, but there could have been more to explore around Ari Gold etc.

Nowhere Man... great concept, good cast, got canned after one season and so we never got to see the conspiracy play out.

Journeyman... noticing a theme here. Victim of the writer's strike, it was essentially an updated Quantum Leap.

Mindhunter
Goliath
Watchmen
Penny Dreadful

Actually these are more like shows that never got an ending.

For shows that actually 'ended';
Dark (although 3 seasons was probably just right, it was so good you just wanted more)
The Americans
Counterpart

Last edited:
Mindhunter
Goliath
Watchmen
Penny Dreadful

Actually these are more like shows that never got an ending.

For shows that actually 'ended';
Dark (although 3 seasons was probably just right, it was so good you just wanted more)
The Americans
Counterpart
The Watchman ended. It was only designed for one season.

I loved it btw.

The Watchman ended. It was only designed for one season.

I loved it btw.
The Watchman or Watchmen?

If the latter, it was certainly left wide open for the show to continue, but as per Wikipedia;
The series, promoted by HBO as an ongoing drama series, premiered on October 20, 2019, before concluding its nine-episode run on December 15. Lindelof left his role as showrunner after the first season, stating that he had completed his intended story. HBO subsequently confirmed there are no further plans for the show to continue without Lindelof returning in some capacity, and reclassified the work as a limited series with possible future installments.

Couldn't believe they left it as is

The Watchman or Watchmen?

If the latter, it was certainly left wide open for the show to continue, but as per Wikipedia;
The series, promoted by HBO as an ongoing drama series, premiered on October 20, 2019, before concluding its nine-episode run on December 15. Lindelof left his role as showrunner after the first season, stating that he had completed his intended story. HBO subsequently confirmed there are no further plans for the show to continue without Lindelof returning in some capacity, and reclassified the work as a limited series with possible future installments.

Couldn't believe they left it as is
Yeah sorry Watchmen.

Yes, I am going off what Lindelof said.

Just for shits n giggles - which TV shows do you wish kept going?

Whether the plot was there or time was up, it doesn't matter, you just didn't wish to see it go...

For me, I'd have a hard time picking between Mad Men and Entourage. Mad Men obviously had a bit of depth to it etc and I feel like in my own selfish way it could have gone on further but do accept that it was time to end. Same can be said for Entourage - that story line could just keep repeating itself I suppose, but there could have been more to explore around Ari Gold etc.
Yep Entourage for me as well. Still trying to find a show to watch with a similar vibe. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know!

I also liked The Night Manager so much I wish it could have gone on... some of these one season shows are such a tease but at the same time, they should also be left for what they were. Others get moved in to second seasons for the sake of the $$ and marketing and don't quite work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The V (Visitors) series ended because of the writers' strike, IIRC. All we got was 2 seasons, and it was just starting to get good. I always wished it had continued.

Agree with Mindhunter. So much more they could have explored. And besides, having a character called Holden Ford was a hoot.

If Disney doesn't renew The Orville, then this one will go to the top of the list for me.

I also liked The Night Manager so much I wish it could have gone on... some of these one season shows are such a tease but at the same time, they should also be left for what they were. Others get moved in to second seasons for the sake of the $$ and marketing and don't quite work.
The Night Manager was based on a book, by John Le Carre. There was talk at the time, about doing a second season - but I guess that never eventuated.

At least it was a complete show, not one where it finished on a cliffhanger which would be forever unresolved.

I felt like Entourage was really wearing out its welcome by the end.

Concept sci-fi shows getting canned before they get a chance to settle in is usually the correct answer. Crusade is a good shoutout, though the poor quality of Babylon 5 season 5 (with justifiable reasons) probably erased some his cache with the network.

I was a bit miffed when this one got shelved after one season:

MV5BZDg0NDAxOTctZjdmNy00ODVjLTgyMDItZjFmMjdjYTk3ZTYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwNTM2Mzc@._V1_.jpg

The V (Visitors) series ended because of the writers' strike, IIRC. All we got was 2 seasons, and it was just starting to get good. I always wished it had continued.

Agree with Mindhunter. So much more they could have explored. And besides, having a character called Holden Ford was a hoot.

If Disney doesn't renew The Orville, then this one will go to the top of the list for me.
What was very frustrating as well, was that V ended on a very intriguing cliffhanger as well.

It wouldnt surprise me if they did a movie of this one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back