Injury Whitecross back playing 14/3/15...

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Savage :thumbsu:

It really has to be. I can't get over that WX will miss again. When you hear him speak, he comes across as a really decent guy who, like Smith, may have been from an era where being paid was the last of their worries. I'm sure he worries like the rest but I have really been impressed with his composure.

It really has to be. I can't get over that WX will miss again. When you hear him speak, he comes across as a really decent guy who, like Smith, may have been from an era where being paid was the last of their worries. I'm sure he worries like the rest but I have really been impressed with his composure.

MATURITY!

Gutted for him. Really missed him last year in the GF, and whilst he's not got back to that form this season, he's a handy player for us up forward. Really feel for him personally as this is two grand finals he's missed after being injured during finals. All the best for recovery Whitey

Perhaps it may be time for the club to consider LARS, anyone know they've managed to prove the long term viability of the procedure over recent years?

Seems to have worked for Malceski.

I think it really speaks of his character. Like last year, whitex was still happy and celebrating for his teammates after the game, singing the song with guts. All this and he knows he will miss out next week.

He's still young though!

This sucks. Was just watching the replay and had to pause it to double take. After the match, he's in the middle with the boys signing those crowd footies they give out! So within 15-20 mins of him stuffing his knee again and all that goes with it at this time of the season, he's signing balls to give to the crowd. This guy is remarkable.

Also, he was so hard at it last night. After the hugging had stopped I was talking to my mate at the end and we were talking about who did what and we were both agreeing that we weren't sure about WX as the sub but how he had given all you could ask.

If you're reading this thread Whitey, good luck in your recovery and thank you for everything you've done and will do in the future for the mighty Hawks.

Really feel for him, as he was starting to regain his best footy again. Such a talented young player who's improved enormously in the last three years and is a highly respected player within the footy club. Seeing him in good spirits after the game and getting around the players speaks high volumes about the blokes character.

All the best in your recovery mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2d6637ba21f111e3984222000ab6b2cf_7.jpg

God I hate these injuries so much. It doesn't who you follow everyone feels sorrow and sadness when a player comes back after a long term injury just to do it again. Hope the recovery is speedy and that he is back and about later on next year.

Perhaps it may be time for the club to consider LARS, anyone know they've managed to prove the long term viability of the procedure over recent years?

Seems to have worked for Malceski.

And its not as if we've had much success with players returning from conventional surgery. Bailey is probably our best case and it took three goes!

Could we be doing better in rehabilitating players from ACL injury as we seem to have a lot of repeats?

Sucks big time for him and us, i hope when he gets back in the near future he gets his chance to play in a great final series even a WINNING grand final.

Have to give a big THANKS to his contributions and effort to helping our great club get another crack at a Premiership.

Best of luck to one of our warriors Whitey. :thumbsu:

And its not as if we've had much success with players returning from conventional surgery. Bailey is probably our best case and it took three goes!

Could we be doing better in rehabilitating players from ACL injury as we seem to have a lot of repeats?

exactly what I was thinking mate, if what you're doing isn't working, perhaps it's time to try something else.

I'm no expert, but doesn't the traditional method require the removal of hamstring fibre? would this not lead to a slower rebuild, weaker muscle and greater muscle atrophy. From what I understand, the problem with lars is the long term degradation of the fiber, but if it breaks, is there much residual damage? Or is it just a matter of starting again?

The club docs should know best, but I just wonder if we're actually making the right choice with all these recurrences.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back