Injury Whitecross back playing 14/3/15...

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly what I was thinking mate, if what you're doing isn't working, perhaps it's time to try something else.

I'm no expert, but doesn't the traditional method require the removal of hamstring fibre? would this not lead to a slower rebuild, weaker muscle and greater muscle atrophy. From what I understand, the problem with lars is the long term degradation of the fiber, but if it breaks, is there much residual damage? Or is it just a matter of starting again?

The club docs should know best, but I just wonder if we're actually making the right choice with all these recurrences.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Then again, I heard the other day that Menzel from Geelong who has had LARS (more than once I think) has now had conventional surgery.

I just think it's so cruel to have these injuries multiple times. To have to sit out for the best part of a season once is bad enough but to have it happen again... just devestating :(

Then again, I heard the other day that Menzel from Geelong who has had LARS (more than once I think) has now had conventional surgery.

I just think it's so cruel to have these injuries multiple times. To have to sit out for the best part of a season once is bad enough but to have it happen again... just devestating :(

Really? David Rhodan had his fair share of problems too IIRC. Shittiest joint ever!

I was surprised to hear Menzel had traditional this time... He must be nearly out of tendons in his body to take the grafts from!

I was surprised to hear Menzel had traditional this time... He must be nearly out of tendons in his body to take the grafts from!

Well not necessarily if he has only had LARS to date because they don't use tendons they use some artificial stuff. But maybe he has had traditional in the past too (how many recos has Menzel had?)

Beautiful pic....

BVPT4O9CYAEvq1F.jpg

We will win one for you Whitey, don't worry mate! The guy is a legend. I can see him being a coach one day. Hard to believe he's only 23. Seems mature beyond his years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He told me aiming for this season.

I can't see it happening but that's what he told me.
Love for it to happen, big fan as you can tell by my avatar there, but I agree it seems unlikely given the club has already ruled him out and it would require him to get some games at Boxhill first before any AFL return. At his best I reckon he's best 22 quite easily but guys like Langford, Simpkin, Hallahan and Spangher will get the call up before him comes finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back