Who do you believe to be the most trustworthy reporter on this mess?

Who is the most trustworthy reporter in this "saga"

• Caroline Wilson (The Age/Footy Classified/Offisders)

Votes: 186 37.4%
  • Chip Le Grand (The Australian)

Votes: 48 9.7%
  • Mark Robinson (Herald Sun/AFL 360)

Votes: 22 4.4%
  • Roy Masters (Sydney Morning Herald/Offsiders)

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Louise Milligan (ABC - 7.30)

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Gerard Whately (ABC - Offsiders/AFL 360)

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • Damien Barrett (Footy Show/Footy Classified)

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Richard Baker (The Age)

Votes: 104 20.9%
  • Nick McKenzie (The Age)

Votes: 121 24.3%
  • Patrick Smith (The Australian)

Votes: 24 4.8%
  • Tim Watson (SEN/Talking Footy)

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Sam Newman (Footy Show)

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Kent Brockman (Channel 6 news)

Votes: 53 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • I trust no one

Votes: 60 12.1%
  • Jon Ralph (Heraldsun)

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mick Ellis (SEN/Inside Football)

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to take everything in this saga with a pinch of salt.

So many things need a good inquiry/clean out after this saga.

The Footy media, The AFL and it's position in footy, the relationship between the two previous, the boys club which has tentacles in all of it.....

It's been disappointing.

I tend to take everything in this saga with a pinch of salt.

So many things need a good inquiry/clean out after this saga.

The Footy media, The AFL and it's position in footy, the relationship between the two previous, the boys club which has tentacles in all of it.....

It's been disappointing.
yeah nah. it should be water off a ducks back. it is not like Abbott having to make decisions that involve the DF.

it is what it is. treat it like i do, have a laff, throw a few grenades, and mock the public commentators and the football operators for the risible explanations and implausible undeniabilities(sic)

Last edited:
Caro has owned this saga.
I didn't even like Caro before this saga, but what a woman!
I voted for Mckenzie. However I agree that Wilson has been dogged in the face of the SEN and other boys club criticisms and her response to such criticism is to go harder. She was perhaps the first to identify hirds hypocrisy and she has been swinging for a ko ever since.

I picked Caroline, even though the Hird sacking didn't seem to work out for her, she has been by far the most accurate one.

Even when James Hird didn't get sacked, it was clear she knew somebody in the board, however didn't find out the legal reasons in time.

Sam Newman managed to change my thoughts though. Which is to never listen to a word he says anymore, as it was even hard before.

I picked Caroline, even though the Hird sacking didn't seem to work out for her, she has been by far the most accurate one.

Even when James Hird didn't get sacked, it was clear she knew somebody in the board, however didn't find out the legal reasons in time.

Sam Newman managed to change my thoughts though. Which is to never listen to a word he says anymore, as it was even hard before.
I assumed the inclusion of tim Watson and Sam Newman was lighthearted jesting by the survey poster. Caused me some hearty chuckles anyway.

yeah nah. it should be water off a ducks back. it is not like Abbott having to make decisions that involve the DF.

it is what it is. trate it like i do, have a laff, throw a few grenades, and mock the public commentators and the football operators for the risible explanations and implausible undeniabilities(sic)

That, and a bit of Hardie trolling, is pretty much my whole schtick. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends which side they were getting leaks from.

Gerard Whatley for mine is the only scribe with a modicum of class amongst the lot of them, i respect him and he has got lots right. He rarley uses hyperbole, just goes with what he believes to be facts.

Robbo is the only one who i can still feel passion in his voice, like hes still a fan in the outer - but he DID name names.... so the jounro insitinct has taken over.

Whatley for me.

As much as his pomposity irks me I think Patrick Smith has been pretty good on this issue. I think he has been appropriately critical off all parties when warranted but has also been pretty clear that the fact that these athletes compete in a much loved sporting code should mean absolutely nothing when it comes to this matter.

Regards

S. Pete

If this were a Bay13 poll I'd probably have my nose in front.

You know this isn't Flog of the Year voting, right?

Last edited:
As much as his pomposity irks me I think Patrick Smith has been pretty good on this issue. I think he has been appropriately critical off all parties when warranted but has also been pretty clear that the fact that these athletes compete in a much loved sporting code should mean absolutely nothing when it comes to this matter.

Regards

S. Pete

I was going to say Smith as well - he has been pretty balanced. Maybe he cannot bring himself to burn Essendon being another (ex) supporter.

Le Grand has been the most accurate and with no agenda.

Caro has made mistake after mistake. Be very easy to list those mistakes and her agenda alongside of them.
LMAO. So funny seeing comments like this.

Back