Who does your Significant Other support?

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast as she's a Perth girl and went to school with Guy McKenna. No luck converting (pathetic I know) but have all 3 kids as die hard north supporters.

Eagles.....took our twin boys to the pre gf training in full Eagles gear, I might be up against it. I do have some North stuff though.

My wife went for Hawthorn. As a teenager in the 80s she went to nearly every final and almost all of the grand finals.

She had posters of Dermie on her wall (spew) and everything.

When we got together she dumped Hawthorn and came on board as a North supporter.

Despite the Hawks going large since, she's stuck with North. She teases me and says she might barrack for Hawthorn again every now and then, but so far hasn't ever done so.

Big win :)

Well my Misses aka Half Tonne Mom couldn't give a toss about AFL but she loves Arsenal in the Premier League as she is into arses and anal. :stern look
I believe John Elliot is looking to buy Melbourne Victory and will change their name to Pigs Arsenal.

When I first met my hubby, he followed NRL (Penrith Panthers), I convinced him that AFL was so much better, so he started to follow the Swans. I live in Sydney, there are 4 generations of North followers/members on my side of the family, the kids are little Swannies, and we now have Swans Family memberships, in addition to my North membership. I'm just grateful that my family follow the great code of AFL, because for the life of me after being in NSW for 9 years, I still don't understand the game of rugby league.

When we got married the deal was she would take either my surname or my football team. So North :thumbsu:.

Doesn't really care for footy much but is happy enough to be a member and come to a game or two a year as long as all the fundraising spam calls go to my mobile.

Grew up going to Glenorchy games with her Grandfather so when pressed says that. The rest of her family -- and there are hundreds of the buggers -- are all Hawks thanks to the Glenorchy/Hudson/Hawthorn connection, and she was more perturbed than I expected when I found myself kinda barracking for Clarence (The TSL's Roos) against them earlier this year[1]. However, likes Ben Brown as an all-round good bloke and former Glenorchian.

[1]It was literally impossible, no matter how good my intentions and family loyalty, for the words "Go P**s" to pass my lips. Thank $DEITY the Collingwood junior basketball club is All Stars and not Magpies.
Im struggling to imagine a worse BBQ than sitting around with a bunch of Hawks cocksmokers chirping 4peat to each other...

Eagles.....took our twin boys to the pre gf training in full Eagles gear, I might be up against it. I do have some North stuff though.
You just have to convince them that outside of their little fortress in WA, WCE are a pack of pea-hearted, overrated nancy boys...as evidenced on grand final day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but if your children support anyone except North Melbourne, you are weak as piss as a parent.

/controversial

I struggle to understand how this happens to.

Quite easily, as a supporter you want to see your team play live, if you are unable to, you take the next best thing, and that is seeing somebody else play. There is no doubt that if we lived in Melbourne, my kids would be decked out in blue and white.

THe mistake is allowing the child in question choice.

There should be no choice.

There should also be almost complete saturation of North Melbourne.

When I was young there was not much better than North winning, and Winning finals.

I was wrong, Sharing a winning final with your child who is as invested as you is ridiculous.

When I first met my hubby, he followed NRL (Penrith Panthers), I convinced him that AFL was so much better, so he started to follow the Swans. I live in Sydney, there are 4 generations of North followers/members on my side of the family, the kids are little Swannies, and we now have Swans Family memberships, in addition to my North membership. I'm just grateful that my family follow the great code of AFL, because for the life of me after being in NSW for 9 years, I still don't understand the game of rugby league.
Organised sport for nightclub bouncers. All you need to know.

When I met her she was a Crows supporter who had The Other Mods, Tony, regularly stalking her at Heaven and Joplins in Adelaide before she upped stumps and moved to Melbourne. We met in Septmber 2000 and she came to all of the North games with me from 2001 onwards and all it took to complete her conversion from Crow to full blooded Roo was a players' BBQ at Hardon St where she got to know Wellsy and a few of the young lads. She hasn't looked back since and the Crows are now seen as the club her mum follows back home. Both kids haven't missed a game since birth either.

Ditto, except for the dates, the BBQ, being stalked by Modra and the fact we have no kids.

Moved from Vic to QLD in 1998. Met wife at Uni in 2002. It was during the Lions reign so she was happy to go to games with me while I showed her that AFL was the only sport. She's slowly converted to North to the point that during this season she didn't watch any Lions and watched most Roos games including the finals where she cheered. Basically she's all North now. My two little boys are 100% North and that probably helped sway her to go for the team her sons do. Eldest (6) wore #7 this year for his under 6 team and did really well (helps when ur father kicks the ball to you from 1) and other's in his team started asking him about North (He'd train in a North top and hat) so hopefully converted more.

My dream is for there to be a megathread about him when North drafts him.

Thread title should be appropriately renamed for IUB - who do your sheilas support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back