Who from your club do you think will be at another club next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
With free agency, I think everyone is going to have to get used to 1-3 players, that they loved, shipping off to another club. Free agency seems to have increased trading and delistings in order to receive or compensate for a lost free agent, too. Just at Collingwood we saw the (mutual or involuntary) trading of Wellingham and Dawes to help accommodate for the arrival of Young and Lynch. Four premiership players who would all have their admirers and haters.

In a few years maybe we will just have to detatch ourselves more from individual players and concentrate mostly on the team.

For me, I think Thomas will playing somewhere else next year. I also think there is a strong possibility of a trade between an expansion club and Lachy Keeffe. I could also see Marty Clarke and one of Seedsman or Sinclair moving clubs for better opportunities.

For me, I think Thomas will playing somewhere else next year. I also think there is a strong possibility of a trade between an expansion club and Lachy Keeffe. I could also see Marty Clarke and one of Seedsman or Sinclair moving clubs for better opportunities.

I just can't see Daisy leaving the Pies.
He is a cult hero at Collingwood and even has a membership package named after him.
If he does leave, it will be to join his mate MM at the Blues.
Lachy is a required player. If he returns to the form he was at the start of last year, I would put my money on Brown being the one up for offer.
Seeds won't be going anywhere.
Same as Sinclair. He seems to be a favourite of Bucks, especially as Krak is getting to the twilight of his carreer.

If Brown doesn't get at least 15 games, barring injury, this year there is no way he will re-sign. Even if he plays every game he my not. He just seemed so intent on getting traded last year.
Other than that with the so called "Premiership window" open for the Eagles I really can't see anyone leaving. We have 3-4 a-graders retiring in the next year or so to open up spots in pretty much all positions so it is a good time to be putting up your hand not asking to be traded.

Given the substantial clean-out we had at the end of last year (HMac, Edwards, Pedersen, Warren, Garlett, Campbell, McKinley, etc) and all the re-signings we had last year (Hansen, Basti, Gibson, Atley, Harper, plus others) I can't really see anyone at this stage. Too early in the year to tell though.

The Hawks had a nibble at Boomer last year, who knows if something similar could happen this year, where he might get the tap on the shoulder but he thinks he has another year in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say without knowing who the new coach will and won't favour. Matt Thomas, Brett Ebert and Justin Westhoff are all possibilities to lose their spots in the side this year and seek more opportunities elsewhere.

If Alan Didak decides to go around again in 2014 but can't cement his spot in your side this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him collect a retirement cheque at Port for a couple of years. Former Port Magpie, would probably be guaranteed a game every week and would bring in crowds to Adelaide Oval, which needs to be a priority for Port next year.

From my club I would say we will loose a few from our list:
Davey
Jetta
Hille
Gumby
Myers
Colyer

leaving at the end of the year because of not enough game time.
Not all but most.

I really rate him. Surely he'll be in your 22 this season?
Still main questionmark over our lineup for this season will be 2. ruck/tall forward or even sometimes two of them. Again improving like he did the last two season should/could get him the gig. Probably the most future-proof option anyway for him and club. But Bradley, Griffin (more a backup first ruck) are still there and we got some new talls, not sure if they can have a real impact in their first year at the club, but still pressure is on Clarke.

With free agency, I think everyone is going to have to get used to 1-3 players, that they loved, shipping off to another club. Free agency seems to have increased trading and delistings in order to receive or compensate for a lost free agent, too. Just at Collingwood we saw the (mutual or involuntary) trading of Wellingham and Dawes to help accommodate for the arrival of Young and Lynch. Four premiership players who would all have their admirers and haters.

In a few years maybe we will just have to detatch ourselves more from individual players and concentrate mostly on the team.

Trading away Keefe would take a serious case of incompetence on our part.

Thomas might go for money.

Doubt anyone would want Marty Clarke even if he were up for trade

Seedsman should be best 22 by the end of next year. If not then perhaps he may leave.

Strange post, are you saying you kept the fringe playes last year and got rid of the best:confused:
No...I'm saying with a turnover of 13 players it means you're not going to go and turn over another huge lot of players. We've got 16 players out of contract. Only two could really end up elsewhere - Col Sylvia and Jack Watts. The latter has no currency and isn't a FA. Sylvia is at least RFA if not UFA, and may take offers actually. If anyone will go, it's him.

Aaron Davey is also OOC but probably has next to no currency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back