Who has had it worse? Brisbane or Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane, the system is set up to help the bottom teams rebuild and they keep losing them

Brisbane are just an academy mainly for vic clubs, this is only up to 2013 and was posted on the swans board pinched from the lions, so not sure who made it

I like how they state all who they have lost and then an average from other states. Why not average vs average? doesn't suit there agenda that's why.

Guys like Gunston, Boyd, Aish and quite a lot of others, players that go into the draft and then run home to mum as soon as they possibly can annoy the crap out of me. They go into a draft, accepting that they could be sent anywhere in the country but in reality always intend on going back home, fully willing to screw over the club that drafted them.

If i got drafted to melbs, perth, gc, adelaide or even tassie id be ok

Draft me to sydney, brizzie and id want out - i really would want to live therex- its not neccesarily about going home to mommy - some towns just suck for people - where another person likes them. Farked if id stay in a hole if i could move.

I like how they state all who they have lost and then an average from other states. Why not average vs average? doesn't suit there agenda that's why.

..... An average is using to determine the median data value in a large sample size. If the sample size is one data value (as in this case), an average figure is not necessary. Did you do maths at school?

If i got drafted to melbs, perth, gc, adelaide or even tassie id be ok

Draft me to sydney, brizzie and id want out - i really would want to live therex- its not neccesarily about going home to mommy - some towns just suck for people - where another person likes them. Farked if id stay in a hole if i could move.
Do you know which parts of Sydney these players live?

..... An average is using to determine the median data value in a large sample size. If the sample size is one data value (as in this case), an average figure is not necessary. Did you do maths at school?

Of course it is needed as they are using a group of players across many years vs an average of players conglomerated across many sides.

I can make the same argument for the pies with that kind of skewd stupidity you are putting forward.

It should be average amount left by year or in a block of years vs the same for each team or state if you want.

Of course it is needed as they are using a group of players across many years vs an average of players conglomerated across many sides.

I can make the same argument for the pies with that kind of skewd stupidity you are putting forward.

It should be average amount left by year or in a block of years vs the same for each team or state if you want.

No you can't. Off the top of my head, the only player I can think of that has left Collingwood to go home is Beams.

Compare that to Yeo, Polec, Longer, Docherty and now Redden... Where is the logical comparison?

In my opinion, you have to delve deeper than questioning what could have been. I mean Davis is always injured, Tippett is regularly injured, Bock wasn't that good by this stage, no guarantee Talia would have been getting games, no guarantee they'd have the salary cap space to get Betts without some of those players leaving etc..

Brisbane's was so damaging, because after a decade of mediocrity things were finally looking up, and then after those players left, a few more years of being average was ensured. And a club - that is not in an AFL state especially, can simply not survive when being average for too long. Look at the crowd numbers this year. If they don't improve soon, they're in massive strife. Just look at the NRL Grand Final this year.

yes brisbane are in a worse situation in adelaide so they close less afford something like that to happen. but we're approahcing this arugment from 2 different persptives:

is it worse to steal 1 milion dollars from a billionaire or 50,000 dollars from regular joe blow on the street? the billionaire lost much more but that 50,000 is more damaging to joe blow.

ok so 10 Brisbane first round picks have left. therefore the average number of Brisbane first round picks that have left is 10. it's that simple

it's comparing it to the other clubs' (plural) averages over that same period of time. it's not comparing apples to oranges, it's literally comparing apples to apples

yes brisbane are in a worse situation in adelaide so they close less afford something like that to happen. but we're approahcing this arugment from 2 different persptives:

is it worse to steal 1 milion dollars from a billionaire or 50,000 dollars from regular joe blow on the street? the billionaire lost much more but that 50,000 is more damaging to joe blow.

Exactly. That's how I feel the argument should be approached though. Brisbane may not have lost more on the surface, but when you analyse it deeper, they absolutely have.

Guys like Gunston, Boyd, Aish and quite a lot of others, players that go into the draft and then run home to mum as soon as they possibly can annoy the crap out of me. They go into a draft, accepting that they could be sent anywhere in the country but in reality always intend on going back home, fully willing to screw over the club that drafted them.

If they had realistic alternatives to entering the draft, then you'd have a point. The problem is with the system, not the people who strangely enough feel they should have some say in which state they live, and who they work for.

No you can't. Off the top of my head, the only player I can think of that has left Collingwood to go home is Beams.

Compare that to Yeo, Polec, Longer, Docherty and now Redden... Where is the logical comparison?
Nick Davis left is at a reasonably young age. Wellingham left us at a reasonably young age. You mentioned Dayne Beams. Those are three big ones off the top of my head.

EDIT - Redden hasn't been traded, and is being forced. He hasn't requested a trade.

Like Brisbane, we're sorta going through something similiar with Freeman. It feels a bit worse because he has been hampered by injuries, and we've stuck by him knowing what he can do when fit, but $$$ talks.

From an impartial POV, you can't begrudge players of these sorts of things, if it's within their rights (out of contract/requesting trades at the end of a season) because at the end of the day, it's all business these days. Players get the sack and no one bats an eyelid. They've got a 10-12 year window to play a sport for a living and be relevant. Why can't they do it their way? Just like the club doesn't owe players anything when they're sacked, a player doesn't owe the club anything at the end of a completed season to request to be traded. It's all business.

Lol piss off. By all reports Freeman was bent over by Collingwood as they were arranging to get more midfielders into the club. Since when does sticking by a layer equate to sending them out under an unresolved injury problem? Just rubbish. Collingwood hangs s**t on Freeman and days later is all over James Aish.

Nick Davis left is at a reasonably young age. Wellingham left us at a reasonably young age. You mentioned Dayne Beams. Those are three big ones off the top of my head.

EDIT - Redden hasn't been traded, and is being forced. He hasn't requested a trade.

Not sure how Davis leaving Collingwood at the end of 2002 is in any way relevant to discussions about clubs inability to retain players almost 15 years later. But OK!

Also, Wellingham was young when he left the Pies yes, but you got 5 good seasons out of him, and he helped you win a premiership. Compare that to Aish, for instance. 2 years - 30 games. I bet the Lions are over the moon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Wellingham was young when he left the Pies yes, but you got 5 good seasons out of him, and he helped you win a premiership. Compare that to Aish, for instance. 2 years - 30 games. I bet the Lions are over the moon.
Wait, so player who goes a long way in assisting side win premiership, and provides 5 years worth of service is going to be easier to replace than one who has done peanuts in 2 years?

As bitter as the taste may be in ones mouth. I'd rather lose the top 10 pick who has yet to do anything than the rookie pick who has become consistent top 18. Richard Tambling and Aaron Fiora would've been kicked out of Punt road towards the end of their spells at Richmond.

Lol piss off. By all reports Freeman was bent over by Collingwood as they were arranging to get more midfielders into the club. Since when does sticking by a layer equate to sending them out under an unresolved injury problem? Just rubbish. Collingwood hangs s**t on Freeman and days later is all over James Aish.
Wow, this is typical BF jibberish. If you're going to make such silly statements, at least back them up with some facts, links or sources.

Wait, so player who goes a long way in assisting side win premiership, and provides 5 years worth of service is going to be easier to replace than one who has done peanuts in 2 years?

As bitter as the taste may be in ones mouth. I'd rather lose the top 10 pick who has yet to do anything than the rookie pick who has become consistent top 18. Richard Tambling and Aaron Fiora would've been kicked out of Punt road towards the end of their spells at Richmond.

I'm not suggesting Wellingham was easy to replace, but my point is he gave more to Collingwood than Aish has to Brisbane. Aish has merely fulfilled his obligations, now wants to come play for a big team. I'd be pissed off too if I worked for the Lions or barracked for them. In fact, I'm a little pissed off on their behalf really

I'm not suggesting Wellingham was easy to replace, but my point is he gave more to Collingwood than Aish has to Brisbane. Aish has merely fulfilled his obligations, now wants to come play for a big team. I'd be pissed off too if I worked for the Lions or barracked for them. In fact, I'm a little pissed off on their behalf really
Then you must also be pissed at Freeman for going to St Kilda

Not sure how Davis leaving Collingwood at the end of 2002 is in any way relevant to discussions about clubs inability to retain players almost 15 years later. But OK!

Why not you are arguing for Brisbane using data all the way back to 1996...

freeman says, Hi.

Try keep your emotions in check.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back