Who is currently the toughest player at West Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one thing to stand under a mark with a forward bearing down when you're built like Shannon Hurn, it's another to do it when you're built like Brad Sheppard. Depends on your definition of toughness I suppose, but Shep has week in, week out, beaten blokes 10+cm and 20kg heavier than him and I can't recall him taking a backwards step once. Has come an incredibly long way.

Others have mentioned Cripps, and I agree, but I think the best word for him is mongrel; the tenacity and desire to compete in that guy that is seriously impressive.

It's one thing to stand under a mark with a forward bearing down when you're built like Shannon Hurn, it's another to do it when you're built like Brad Sheppard. Depends on your definition of toughness I suppose, but Shep has week in, week out, beaten blokes 10+cm and 20kg heavier than him and I can't recall him taking a backwards step once. Has come an incredibly long way.

Others have mentioned Cripps, and I agree, but I think the best word for him is mongrel; the tenacity and desire to compete in that guy that is seriously impressive.
And he does it without being a prick.

Josh Kennedy ...gets hit hard a lot ...gets up

Played with half an arm for a lot of the year

He's from Northampton ....breed'em tough up there

Oddly the other player I rate is Priddis gets hit hard and gets up

Hurn I reckon.

"You're not even worth looking at"
CK1ddrGUsAA9L-C.jpg:large

No mention of Sharrod? Albeit not the most recklessly courageous, he's totally unrecognisable from last season; brave and playing with real heart.

Imo his efforts attacking the contest (particuarly in the first half) had a huge role in cracking the flood and setting up the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a team of tuff nuts but Darling would have to gain my vote, not only toughness do we have in abundance but we have speed to burn a great playing roster and an awsome young coach, we also have the best supporters in the AFL, year of the Eagles for sure. What impresses me most about this years playing group is the fair way in which we play the game.

Last edited:
Hutchings got some points in the meter for this metric this weekend IMO. Not one of our top few but not bad either.

Toughest as in :

i) toughest as in can cause the most damage? In which case you have to factor in size and Darling springs to mind.
ii) toughest as in brave? In which case the small blokes who hit marking contests. Rosa & Shepp

The good thing is you can't really joke around and sarcastically name a soft player.

People probably used to say josh hill or mark lecras, but even those guys get their hands dirty when the team needs it.

This is as tough an eagles team as i think we've probably ever seen. Our team defence and pressure is phenomenal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back