Opinion Who is the greatest Richmond player of all time?

Who is the greatest Richmond player of all time?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Jack kicks more goals than Richo should he be considered better? With an extra game this season and if we go deep in finals it’s possible. Only needs 45 goals. You’d probably have to say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Jack kicks more goals than Richo should he be considered better? With an extra game this season and if we go deep in finals it’s possible. Only needs 45 goals. You’d probably have to say yes.

Jack has certainly been a better team player with all his goal assists than Richo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Bourke
fat guy eating GIF

FWIW my late Grandfather said it was Alan Geddes and my late Father said it was Jack Dyer.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Alan Geddes is an interesting choice. The centreline of Geddes-Zschech-Judkins played together in 4 straight GFs (1931-34), winning 2. Along the way Judkins won a Brownlow, they racked up several state games between them, and in their day were as legendary as Bourke-Barrott-Clay. Geddes was the undoubted star of the three, and captained the club for 4 years.

Grandfather sounds like a good judge.

I actually thought barrot was the best player I'd ever seen. Sheedy Bourke Hart not far behind him. Stewart not in the conversation.
Barrot was an amazing talent, possibly the best of all but was sent packing for an indiscretion that cannot be tolerated at a club. I was devastated when he left. Never the same player after leaving as he was gutted at being given the bullet.

Hey can I ask the older gents on here something. Was Bartlett considered the best finals player in the VFL era or at least better than Snr?

Barrot was an amazing talent, possibly the best of all but was sent packing for an indiscretion that cannot be tolerated at a club. I was devastated when he left. Never the same player after leaving as he was gutted at being given the bullet.

Wow, can you say what the indiscretion was? I remember when this happened and we got Ian Stewart in exchange from the Saints. I don’t think Stewart left St Kilda on great terms either.

Wow, can you say what the indiscretion was? I remember when this happened and we got Ian Stewart in exchange from the Saints. I don’t think Stewart left St Kilda on great terms either.

Last edited:
David Bourke
We may make fun of Mr. Squiggle, but I tell ya, considering his modest frame I have never seen anyone throw themselves into a contest the way DB did. Sure, he was like a ragdoll and I saw him get smashed numerous times, but my god, that kid had guts just like his old man. He was simply never meant to be a footballer. But god he tried. He never worked out, but for effort alone I'll always have time for David Bourke.

Back