Who should play geelong on Easter Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
As hawthorn sure doesnt deserve the right. There is only so long that hawthorn can live off the kennett curse streak years of continously losing but by only small margins. Now they cant even lose by small margins anymore. Its just embarrassing they are out on the field today.

Richmond looked like a promising opponent for Easter Monday for a very brief period but rightly smarter heads prevailed as that window was always going to be brief. Oh so brief.

So who then:

Collingwood, port adelaide, sydney .... anybody?

Has anyone earnt the right to stand as opponents today? Perhaps geelong should just run a training simulation match against themselves. Will any club stand up?

You can take Tassie when they come in I guess. They are minnow enough.
Geelong vs Tasmania will be very worthy. The only two moral teams with the two best stadiums in Australia with a long history of beating the supposed big cities and states around Australia. Tasmania and Geelong going head to head with mutual respect. Not at the dirty rusty traintrack surrounded roofless MCG, but alternate between Mac Point or GMHBA stadium! All the other teams will be jealous.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Geelong vs Tasmania will be very worthy. The only two moral teams with the two best stadiums in Australia with a long history of beating the supposed big cities and states around Australia. Tasmania and Geelong going head to head with mutual respect. Not at the dirty rusty traintrack surrounded roofless MCG, but alternate between Mac Point or GMHBA stadium! All the other teams will be jealous.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF
How many of your fake members do you expect to show up?

(In Hobart because Tasmanian football told Launceston to GAGF)

No need to change, Hawthorn is the perfect minnow matchup for them

Both are experienced at:

*Going Owen 3
*Playing in front of small crowds
*Enduring 35+ year premiership droughts
*Having fewer than 16 AFL/VFL flags
*Fielding morbidly obese players

Long may they continue to ruin everyone’s long weekend

No need to change, Hawthorn is the perfect minnow matchup for them

Both are experienced at:

*Going Owen 3
*Playing in front of small crowds
*Enduring 35+ year premiership droughts
*Having fewer than 16 AFL/VFL flags
*Fielding morbidly obese players

Long may they continue to ruin everyone’s long weekend
Since I was forced to unignore you in order to see your pathetic game day thread, I get an opportunity to laugh at your stupidity yet again.

Since you're such a history nerd and love dribbling on about Colonwobble's flags back in the days of b&w tele, you must be aware that your Flogpies went OWEN 4 in 1959 after winning a highly dubious premiership in 1958. It took Wobblewood another 32 years to add to their cabinet after that - an omen of what's going to happen this year and for many to come you idiot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As hawthorn sure doesnt deserve the right. There is only so long that hawthorn can live off the kennett curse streak years of continously losing but by only small margins. Now they cant even lose by small margins anymore. Its just embarrassing they are out on the field today.

Richmond looked like a promising opponent for Easter Monday for a very brief period but rightly smarter heads prevailed as that window was always going to be brief. Oh so brief.

So who then:

Collingwood, port adelaide, sydney .... anybody?

Has anyone earnt the right to stand as opponents today? Perhaps geelong should just run a training simulation match against themselves. Will any club stand up?
I mean its not ANZAC Day, is it?

More like "who has earned the right to eat the first mintie out of the packet" on a road trip.

Maybe we can work up some froth around it. We could say ANZAC Day is for the Big Clubs, 14+ flags only. Hate to say it but the Blues should get a shot, they wouldn't disgrace it. If the Tigers or Hawks revive and climb into the Top Tier™ they get a shot.

Likewise Kings Birthday, only for clubs that have a threepeat. Pies, Lions, Carlton, Melbourne, Hawthorn.

The two clubs in those categories finishing highest on the ladder the year before get the marquee game, so this year it would be Pies vs Lions on Kings Birthday, and Collingwood Carlton on ANZAC day (although it seems harsh to rob Essendon of their spot as they came up with the idea).

Then there's the meh tier, Easter Monday/Good Friday/Mother's Day, for clubs with 10 or so flags, although under my system I think Geelong would have missed this year.

Anyhoo, good luck to them, at least Geelong and Hawthorn aren't insulting Christianity by playing sport on Good Friday.

I mean its not ANZAC Day, is it?

More like "who has earned the right to eat the first mintie out of the packet" on a road trip.

Maybe we can work up some froth around it. We could say ANZAC Day is for the Big Clubs, 14+ flags only. Hate to say it but the Blues should get a shot, they wouldn't disgrace it. If the Tigers or Hawks revive and climb into the Top Tier™ they get a shot.

Likewise Kings Birthday, only for clubs that have a threepeat. Pies, Lions, Carlton, Melbourne, Hawthorn.

The two clubs in those categories finishing highest on the ladder the year before get the marquee game, so this year it would be Pies vs Lions on Kings Birthday, and Collingwood Carlton on ANZAC day (although it seems harsh to rob Essendon of their spot as they came up with the idea).

Then there's the meh tier, Easter Monday/Good Friday/Mother's Day, for clubs with 10 or so flags, although under my system I think Geelong would have missed this year.

Anyhoo, good luck to them, at least Geelong and Hawthorn aren't insulting Christianity by playing sport on Good Friday.
No one cares about your vfl flags. Especially those from the 1930s. Vfl flags in the 70s and 80s are tainted by the zone system and before that it was an amateur league played by unfit men with flabby arms who were chain smokers. Not even sure flags back then qualify as worthy of the first minty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back