Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Indeed they were.

Port took Carlton lightly, assuming they'd roll into town and take the points with half a team, then build for their crucial match against Collingwood the following week - a win giving them a huge psychological leg up leading into the finals.

For the third time, I reckon they'd do things differently if they had their time again... but they're the decisions a team needs to make when they're preparing for their September campaign.
Still makes no sense- even using your own twisted logic / biases

Why not play their best available against the 'easier' opponent and guarantee the 4 points?

oh that right only Collingwood coaches have a brain...

lol at your silly argument

Indeed they were.

Port took Carlton lightly, assuming they'd roll into town and take the points with half a team, then build for their crucial match against Collingwood the following week - a win giving them a huge psychological leg up leading into the finals.

For the third time, I reckon they'd do things differently if they had their time again... but they're the decisions a team needs to make when they're preparing for their September campaign.
You keep saying this as if they were missing half a dozen important players. 1 player top 10 in their b&f missing and they got smashed.
Not even the Port supporters were making the excuses u r

We actually had a pretty strong side that day looking back.

An insight in to what we can do when reasonably healthy, perhaps.
Can't remember who was out prior to the game but I was at the game and pretty sure McKay went off really early with a knee? And someone else was a really late out because I think Motlop came in and kicked like 4 in a half.

Can't remember who was out prior to the game but I was at the game and pretty sure McKay went off really early with a knee? And someone else was a really late out because I think Motlop came in and kicked like 4 in a half.

Yeah McKay went off with a knee. Can’t recall the late out.

Are you disputing the fact Port turned up to Marvel Stadium with a less than full strength team against Carlton, as they wanted to ensure they could put their best foot forward at home against a genuine premiership contender - the team they were at the time challenging for top spot - the following week?

Given the results of both games, I suspect they'd do things differently if they had the chance...

Surely your not suggesting having best 22 players out can impact a result?

Where are the blues fans who call premiership superstar Nick Daicos soft? Gee whiz Carltons plodder midfield, never seen such a bunch of soft prima donnas scared to lay a tackle or apply any sort of defensive pressure.

Ah well they will always have the prelimiership they won last year.

Yep, they were piss weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are the blues fans who call premiership superstar Nick Daicos soft? Gee whiz Carltons plodder midfield, never seen such a bunch of soft prima donnas scared to lay a tackle or apply any sort of defensive pressure.

Ah well they will always have the prelimiership they won last year.
Did they even win the prelimiership ? Thought they were smashed by Brisbane ? 🤣🤣

Back