Status
Not open for further replies.

A Prophet

Debutant
Feb 9, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With the Asad investigation coming to an end no one else seems to be asking this but
Who will coach Essendon if the players are found guilty of doping?
I doubt the other clubs would let one of their senior coaches take over the bombers right before the season starts and i dont think bomber thompson would come back after everything that has happen

I think Matthew Knights is a fair chance to get the nod but i was wondering what everyone else thinks
Who will coach Essendon in 2015?

637674-mark-neeld.jpg

With the Asad investigation coming to an end no one else seems to be asking this but
I doubt the other clubs would let one of their senior coaches take over the bombers right before the season starts and i dont think bomber thompson would come back after everything that has happen

I think Matthew Knights is a fair chance to get the nod but i was wondering what everyone else thinks
For whom the Bell trolls

No aspiring coach would be interested as this would be a poisoned chalice, as Essendon supporters / members would be wanting Hird to return. That leaves only ex-coaches who are unlikely to ever get a senior position again, i.e. Mark Harvey, Mark Neeld, Scott Watters etc. Part or all of a season with a large wage, to help ease them into retirement.

No aspiring coach would be interested as this would be a poisoned chalice, as Essendon supporters / members would be wanting Hird to return.

The board wanted Hird gone months ago but he threatened turning the lawyers on the club. He's out the door the day the suspensions are announced.

As for the replacement probably an assistant who's already there while a lengthy search for a 2016+ coach begins.

The board wanted Hird gone months ago but he threatened turning the lawyers on the club. He's out the door the day the suspensions are announced.

As for the replacement probably an assistant who's already there while a lengthy search for a 2016+ coach begins.
There has to be more to that story than meets the eye.

I say this because Little is no idiot, and if I know that they could have sacked him for any host of reasons unconnected with his legal challenge, then Little knew it before me.

Hird isn't there at trade time. He is overseas during preseason. His players were threatening to boycott NAB. Little could easily have cooked up an excuse. Instead Little seems to be covering for him. I have never known an AFL coach to be so uninterested in coaching. Especially one who seems to have the training wheels (senior coach as his assistant) welded on. Usually you can't keep them away.

I reckon the whole list could be suspended, Little thrown in the slammer, the club fined 10 million, Reid deregistered, Bomber in an asylum. Hird would still be giving pressers saying he is looking forward to coaching the lads, many of whom he has never met. :D
...and vast numbers of their supporters enthusiastically espouse how the list is ripe for a tilt at this years flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knights is happy with us at Catland, helping our mids learn how to get a clearance :p

I say this because Little is no idiot, and if I know that they could have sacked him for any host of reasons unconnected with his legal challenge, then Little knew it before me.

Hird isn't there at trade time. He is overseas during preseason. His players were threatening to boycott NAB. Little could easily have cooked up an excuse. Instead Little seems to be covering for him. I have never known an AFL coach to be so uninterested in coaching. Especially one who seems to have the training wheels (senior coach as his assistant) welded on. Usually you can't keep them away.

Weird, isn't it? Who do you think James has dirty pics of? I wish I knew what the real story was here because even Essendon supporters must occasionally wonder where exactly their highly paid superboy is.

When it gets down to it, I hope the EFC finds someone who is:

a) in the country; and
b) doesn't become steadily more and more of an orange shade over a few seasons.

Some good points.

The guy doesn't have his eye on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back