Whose better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally i reakon Rioli plays his best across half forward, well at least his best for us, we have an inundation of class across half back but our half forward line HAS lacked polish since we lost Cara Rioli is as Polished as they come

Originally posted by bLuEMoOsE
Personally i reakon Rioli plays his best across half forward, well at least his best for us, we have an inundation of class across half back but our half forward line HAS lacked polish since we lost Cara Rioli is as Polished as they come

imo he used to play well across half-forward - now his better efforts come across half-back and in the midfield.

He's publicly said he doesn't really enjoy the forward line anymore

Originally posted by whirl
imo he used to play well across half-forward - now his better efforts come across half-back and in the midfield.

He's publicly said he doesn't really enjoy the forward line anymore

I don't think he's tight enough to play in defence, or fit enough to play in the midfield

Rioli looks best in Defense. And it is a good place to play him back into some form when he is struggling to get the pill.

Rioli would be great playing centre. I just wish he could get himself fit enough to do it. Only has a couple of years to pull this off before I give up on him achieving his potential.

But EFC need him at HF. We need goal kickers and he is one of the best. When in form he can be devastating in that position.

Originally posted by Cooldude
I don't think he's tight enough to play in defence, or fit enough to play in the midfield

That's why he has to get himself fit, because they're the places he's most effective by far nowadays imo. .

Originally posted by whirl
That's why he has to get himself fit, because they're the places he's most effective by far nowadays imo. .

He's still not playing tight enough on his opponent when in defence, something he can get away with that in the midfield, but not in defence. He needs to learn to start how to play like a defender, coz all Sheeds is doing with him in the backline is to be the loose man and fill holes, take marks and playmake.

He always plays on his own if he's in the midfield, so one opposition midfielder will inevitably run loose and rack up touches, but Sheeds goes on the theory that Rioli will also be loose and can cause more damage than the other bloke can.

He still plays a gem of a quarter every now and again, but then disappears for the rest of the match.

If he gets fit enough to play 4 quarters of football in the midfield, that's where he should stay, coz his tackling and hardness around the ball is very underrated.

Originally posted by Cooldude
He's still not playing tight enough on his opponent when in defence, something he can get away with that in the midfield, but not in defence. He needs to learn to start how to play like a defender, coz all Sheeds is doing with him in the backline is to be the loose man and fill holes, take marks and playmake.

He always plays on his own if he's in the midfield, so one opposition midfielder will inevitably run loose and rack up touches, but Sheeds goes on the theory that Rioli will also be loose and can cause more damage than the other bloke can.

He still plays a gem of a quarter every now and again, but then disappears for the rest of the match.

If he gets fit enough to play 4 quarters of football in the midfield, that's where he should stay, coz his tackling and hardness around the ball is very underrated.

Agree but sadly thats a bigger if that I'd like to think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back