Religion Why I Am A Catholic

Remove this Banner Ad

So, in fact, Peter wasn't appointed pope, but was accused of being a rock. This is a gross overestimation of Peter's sentience. Once again, the ignorant Jewish peasant got it wrong. Are you a 'rock' too, KevinPussy, or is that attributing too much awareness to you as well?

BTW, did Jesus continue to deny Joseph's paternity post-mortem? One would have thought, seeing he was given a second chance, he would have taken some trouble to make peace with his long-denied father.

Also, the reason you are a catholic, and evidence from your own keyboard indicates you are just that, and that alone, is that you are singularly lacking in any sense of being on this planet. Your existence is wasted on you.

Contributions like these help no one, just vicious diatribe. I love that after posting this ill thought rant, you accuse me and every Catholic of lacking any sense on this planet and thus not worthy of my existence. You believe that I am somewhat of a worse person for my religion, this clearly breeches this Board's code of conduct on prejudice, but it won't be enforced because I'm not in a vocal minority, you obviously have massive chip on your shoulder about Catholics, I suggest you examine this bigoted prejudice, and if you want to make a contribution, actually contribute, no matter how witty you might think a piece of writing is, most people probably won't agree. But hey you love a bit of subjectivity, you base your view of the world on it.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

You believe that I am somewhat of a worse person for my religion, this clearly breeches this Board's code of conduct on prejudice, but it won't be enforced because I'm not in a vocal minority,

:rolleyes: And out comes the persecuted Christian card. Have you seen the s**t from Kevin, Military man and co about homosexuals on the Mardi gras thread?

We put up with you theists on your high horses telling us how bad we are constantly but all you do it bitch and moan. you're like children chucking a tantrum. HTFU or STFU.

:rolleyes: And out comes the persecuted Christian card. Have you seen the s**t from Kevin, Military man and co about homosexuals on the Mardi gras thread?

We put up with you theists on your high horses telling us how bad we are constantly but all you do it bitch and moan. you're like children chucking a tantrum. HTFU or STFU.

So now you are putting all Christians in the same basket as intolerant gay bashers? Geez labelling everyone with the same brush, but then having a crack at Christians for supposedly doing the same thing is a pretty hypocritical thing to do, don't you think?

I don't care if you put up with theists whinging we live in a democracy for freedom of speech, they can bitch and moan all they want, and you have no right to somehow suggest that your opinion is any more valid than anyone else.

Don't call people intolerant, when you suffer from the same disorder.

So now you are putting all Christians in the same basket as intolerant gay bashers? Geez labelling everyone with the same brush, but then having a crack at Christians for supposedly doing the same thing is a pretty hypocritical thing to do, don't you think?

So when you want to be a majority you can count them but when it doesn't suit your purposes you have nothing to do with them. geeze, make up your mind.

You were accusing this board of a bias. I was showing you claim as nothing more than a childish distraction.

I don't care if you put up with theists whinging we live in a democracy for freedom of speech, they can bitch and moan all they want, and you have no right to somehow suggest that your opinion is any more valid than anyone else.

You just contradicted yourself there. I do believe in freedom of speech. I believe in your freedom to express yourself and your opinions. I also believe in my freedom to criticise your opinions. You see, it's a two way street.

Don't call people intolerant, when you suffer from the same disorder.

The only thing I'm intolerant of is people infringing on the rights of othere. I'm not prejudiced, I've read your posts to develop my opinion of you, it's low.

I bet you think that I hate religious people...newsflash, I'm about to hit 6 years being with a Catholic girl.

Contributions like these help no one, just vicious diatribe. I love that after posting this ill thought rant, you accuse me and every Catholic of lacking any sense on this planet and thus not worthy of my existence. You believe that I am somewhat of a worse person for my religion, this clearly breeches this Board's code of conduct on prejudice, but it won't be enforced because I'm not in a vocal minority, you obviously have massive chip on your shoulder about Catholics, I suggest you examine this bigoted prejudice, and if you want to make a contribution, actually contribute, no matter how witty you might think a piece of writing is, most people probably won't agree. But hey you love a bit of subjectivity, you base your view of the world on it.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

If you don't want people to answer the questions you pose, don't post them. Rather than being a 'vicious diatribe', I thought my post to be the thread's most relevant in addressing the question posed. If it's not the answer you wanted, stiff.

The post was not meant to help anyone, especially not you, as I realise you are beyond that.

If you don't want people to answer the questions you pose, don't post them. Rather than being a 'vicious diatribe', I thought my post to be the thread's most relevant in addressing the question posed. If it's not the answer you wanted, stiff.

The post was not meant to help anyone, especially not you, as I realise you are beyond that.

Maybe in relation to the person it was directed at. However your complete lack of understanding of the scriptures and the meaning behind them is laughable. Your literal interpretation of them missed the point.

Maybe in relation to the person it was directed at. However your complete lack of understanding of the scriptures and the meaning behind them is laughable. Your literal interpretation of them missed the point.

First time I've ever been accused of being a fundamentalist. So it's OK for believers to interpret that pamphlet literally, but not for anybody else to do so?

Were its writers so imbecilic that they were unable to say what they meant? I suppose it was easier to fill it with lies. Necessary lies mind you, specially designed for the chronically gullible.

I'm a catholic because it's part of my ethnic culture and because we enjoy the community that comes with being part of the church.

Lot of blood and tears over the centuries have kept the faith strong.

Very wise of you not to mention a faith in the existence of a god. Then we would have known you were having a lend of us. Religion is more of a social event for you then?

Very wise of you not to mention a faith in the existence of a god. Then we would have known you were having a lend of us. Religion is more of a social event for you then?

I'm not too big on the word faith, faith sounds like you're not sure and hope its real.

My belief that there's a greater power (for me thats God) comes from my 6th sense.

I sense that greater power whatever it is.

Might be the flying spaghetti monster, but I'm going with God until the spaghetti monster shows himself to me.

So to answer your question, yes being a Catholic for me is alot about it being part of a Catholic "social" community.

That's always been the Irish way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too big on the word faith, faith sounds like you're not sure and hope its real.

My belief that there's a greater power (for me thats God) comes from my 6th sense.

I sense that greater power whatever it is.

Might be the flying spaghetti monster, but I'm going with God until the spaghetti monster shows himself to me.

So to answer your question, yes being a Catholic for me is alot about it being part of a Catholic "social" community.

That's always been the Irish way.

My sixth sense is 'common'.

Yup brainwashing down the ages ..it's a proven tactic ..poor kids have no chance ...although some of the more intelligent realise they have been sold a pup when they get a bit of education later in life.

I feel sorry for the dumb ones, like Galileo, Da Vinci, Newton, Lewis, Wilde, Eccles, Fermi, Renoir and Mendel.

Thank God we have people like you, the "intelligent" ones.

I feel sorry for the dumb ones, like Galileo, Da Vinci, Newton, Lewis, Wilde, Eccles, Fermi, Renoir and Mendel.

Thank God we have people like you, the "intelligent" ones.

I am with you on this Linga.

That's not religious for them, it's bigotry, which is a completely different thing. There are bigots who are religious, and bigots that aren't.

Actually, most theists will just move on. Some will argue, but that's the same for atheists - for every dozen atheists, there's a disciple of Dawkins. In fact, in the modern era, I'd suggest the militant atheist is on no shorter a horse than those actively promoting their religion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back